I stayed 6 nights and would strongly recommend Chateau Beachside for it's brilliant location right smack at Surfers Paradise and being affordably priced! Although there are some downside to it which I'll share in details, this is still the resort worth trying out for!
- Right in front of Surfers Paradise beach, I had the Oceanview room.
- Affordably priced, S$100 per room per night via Agoda...what a steal!
- Spacious room, which we requested for a twin beds, somewhat hard to come by in Gold Coast.
- Free in-room WIFI, 50mb a day which suffice. We were told we would not be able to tap on the WIFI being on the high floor (11th) but we managed to in the end which is great!
- 5mins or less walk to Surfers Paradise Beachfront Market...Coles...Gold Coast Highway...
- Fully equipped kitchen.
- No cleaning service which means you will need to throw your own trash daily and risk having small roaches...I killed three during my 6 nights stay there. But it was also the absence of daily room cleaning that Chateau claimed they're able to keep their price low. I guess trade-off is necessary.
- Only one device could be signed on to use the free 50mb WIFI each day. Which means you need to coordinate with your partner as you can't use the WIFI at the same time.
- The hotel could help you arrange for airport shuttle service, AUD 37 for a point-to-point return pick-up.
- Receptionist would not be able to help with your day tour reservation, not unless it is via agenc)ies) that they worked with. Go across to JPT Tours right opposite from the hotel, they offer plenty of full or half day tours with pretty good service.
- Check-in time is 2pm so you could leave your buggages with them if you reach earlier. But note to come back before they close to collect your buggages and do your check-in...reception is not 24hours. They do have a phone-in reception which would still be able to help, but knowing English is important for proper communication.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Chateau Beachside Resort is the ideal location for your next relaxing getaway. Only one block North of Cavill Mall, The Chateau Beachside is located in the heart of the shopping, dining and entertainment precinct. Featuring 3.5 Star rated facilities and the world famous sandy shores of Surfers Paradise just metres away, you're sure to find what you are looking for right here!Situated in the heart of Surfers Paradise, all units have spectacular ocean views of the famous Surfers Paradise beach below. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Agoda and HotelQuickly so you can book your Chateau Beachside reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Chateau Beachside Hotel Surfers Paradise
- Chateau Beachside Surfers Paradise
- Chateau Beachside Gold Coast/Surfers Paradise