“Fantastic Family Holiday”

Chateau Beachside
Melbourne, Australia
“Fantastic Family Holiday”
Reviewed January 6, 2013

As this was our first holiday as a family of three, we wanted a memorable experience and a hotel to match. The Chateau did not let us down. First and foremost, the location is second to none. Walking to Cavill is a breeze, not to mention simply crossing the road and you are on a patrolled beach. The staff are friendly and helpful. The rooms were adequate and served their purpose. With airconditining and a fan in the studio apartment, the temperature was constantly comfortable. The kichentte has all the basic requirements to prepare and serve meals. The ocean view from the room is spectacular. The pool is clean and warm and the playgorund is a nice touch. All-in-all, the perfect place for our 1 year old's first holiday. Not only can I highly recommend this hotel, but will return when next heading to Surfers.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Corion5

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (311)
  • Korean first
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed January 3, 2013

I believe the owners and management staff of these units try hard to do with what they have - every effort is made in up keeping cleaniness and tidiness, but in my opinion the hotel is old and not worthy of charging rates of which we have unexpectly paid. I am aware during our stay it was peak seasons and prices are inflated due to demands but in comparison to our stay prior to Chateau Beachside (CB),(4 days prior) unfortunately for CB it was like comparing chalk to cheese on all aspect. Sorry to say but CB is at best a road side Motel piled high. There are markets for this stlye accomodation but selling yourself at premium prices especially when we go off pictures is dishearting for my hard earn dollar. All this and few other minor issues I willingly dismissed as acceptable but others may not.

Frankston, Australia
Reviewed January 1, 2013 via mobile

Right on tha beach only a block away from Cavill Ave. Walk to everything. Not tha cheapest but on par and well worth it. Even had our room serviced by surprise a few days in. They're pretty big on no visitors after 10:00 pm and keeping the noise down as there are also residents. Good security too.

Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed December 29, 2012

We stayed recently over Xmas Eve & Xmas Day for a great price. The accommodation was clean and tidy and the staff were friendly. Whilst the rooms are a bit tired and in need of some work (but this was reflected in the price) the views from the room distract from this completely. The location is fantastic and the views are sensational. We had ocean and some hinterland views and these couldn't be beaten.
We didn't really use many of the onsite facilities while there so cant comment on the pool/sauna etc. The restaurant was great value and quality of food.
I will definitely stay at this hotel again next time I need accommodation on the Gold Coast and can recommend it to anyone.

Room Tip: We booked an ocean view room - definitely worth it
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank JudeH803
Reviewed December 21, 2012

My husband and i arrived at the hotel early at 10.30am. The reception staff was very friendly and got us to drop our suitcases. We went off to do some water activities and had to access our suitcases several times, but the reception was very patient and opened up the storage room a few times for us.

The room was clean and had all basic amenities. Location was fabulous and we had a great view of the ocean. Shops were easily accessible. I would recommend it to those who want to be near the beach and is looking for a good for value accommodation.

2 Thank Rhapsody_rac
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed December 17, 2012

Well, another great stay at Chateau Beachside, have stayed there twice previously and this time around was no different to my previous great experiences - we love the place.

The hotel itself is older (as most on the GC are) but the refurbishments to the reception area and restaurant downstairs are great. The reception is a large open modern area with friendly staff. Last time I stayed the restaurant was being re-furbished and wow, what a difference this time around - modern, spacious, delicious! The buffet breakfast is a bargain (about $10 ea from memory) and delicious - I want your devilled saussage recipe, where can I get it?! :)

I've always stayed in the studio apartment rooms and never had any issues. This time around I was in one of the older non-refurbished rooms (got a nice new one last time) but didnt bother me, was a quick stay and didnt spend much time in my room. Level 10, facing the pool with awesome beach views as per usual.

Free on-site secure car parking is great, the big heated pool, the warm spa, sauna, steam room all fantastic. The tiled area around the pool could use a little make-over soon but I'm sure the Chateau management are looking at what they can do to spruce that area up a little over time anyway - in saying that, there's nothing actually wrong with it currently.

In summary, the Chateau is a great hotel for a great price if you want something comfortable, close to everything (literally 20m from the beach), and secure parking - we we have been back many times and will continue to come back, thanks again for a great stay Chateau.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Jaymz_82
Reviewed December 10, 2012

My lovely partner recommended the Chateau after previous visits and I wasn't disappointed, beautiful rooms, views to remember, excellent location and friendly staff. Spent many hours lounging by the pool and a few more enjoying great food and drinks at the bar. I'll be staying there next time I'm in the Goldcoast and highly recommend the beachside as a holiday destination. Easy access to the beach, nightlife and shopping district.Thoroughly enjoyed my stay and can't wait to get back there ..my little paradise.

• Stayed October 2012