“good quality and service”

Crowne Plaza Surfers Paradise
Ranked #8 of 33 Hotels in Surfers Paradise
Reviewed December 3, 2013

we stayed in a room facing the waters, was lovely, clean, comfortable. the hair dryer was old and blew up in my face while i was using it, however after i made my complaint they went above and beyond to compensate with a brand new hair dryer and complimentary dinner at their revolving resturant. the pool side is beautifl and room service was immaculate. the food was good but expensive. its what you would expect considering the rooms are priced at roughly 400-500 a night.

Room Tip: ask for upgrade on check in its an extra 20 dollars a night
1  Thank Lngurei
Victoria T, Public Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Surfers Paradise, responded to this reviewResponded December 4, 2013

Hello Lngurei,

Thank you for leaving us with your feedback after staying with us recently. I'm sorry to hear that you had an unfortunate incident with the hairdryer, but I am glad to hear that you were happy with the issue resolution.
The pool is pretty spectacular at this time of year, so I'm happy that you were able to take full advantage of it.

Thank you for choosing Crowne Plaza Surfers Paradise.

Marketing Executive

Write a ReviewReviews (1,718)

Reviewed December 1, 2013

we stayed for 3 days and the rooms were clean and services were excellent, staff were friendly and helpful, we were here on holiday , and the hotel environment was good for our stay.we stayed in 511 and 512. whenever we are here we will come back again in crown.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends
Victoria T, Public Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Surfers Paradise, responded to this reviewResponded December 2, 2013

Hello 007word,

Thank you for taking the time to review us after your recent holiday on the Gold Coast. So happy to hear that you enjoyed the hotel environment and that you will be coming back to stay with us again.

We look forward to having you stay and again, thank you for your feedback.

Reviewed November 26, 2013

While the room was a nice size and generally clean, the main thing that let down our stay was the availability of parking. The "gold tower parking" only has 20 odd spaces for a tower with over 100 rooms. The parking for the other tower WOULD be enough if it weren't for the overspill of the gold tower and the visitors to the four winds restaurant. There is no security for the parking lot so anyone could park there and they didn't even take our rego to keep track of vehicles. One ramp is so narrow & steep, I was nervous for my husband driving up it, and the scrapes on the wall tell me plenty of people have damaged their cars there.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
DavidMBrown, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Surfers Paradise, responded to this reviewResponded November 27, 2013

Dear Jadelz85,
Many thanks for sharing your review and I am very sorry to hear you encountered difficulty finding a car park in the Gold Tower. We do actually have over 60 parking bays for this tower on level B1 and an additional 200 on level B2 for the Main Tower. On the rare occasions the car park is at capacity we do valet park on the hotel forecourt then relocate guests cars into the car park.
I do apologize for the inconvenience which you experienced and am pleased to see that aside from the car park you were happy with services which we provided.
Thank you for choosing to stay with us.

Reviewed November 26, 2013

We were offered an upgrade on arrival after booking through wotif mystery hotel and were pleasantly surprised and so glad we did. We arrived 27th november 2013 at 7.30 am on an early flight and the reception did their best to get us into our room when we arrived at 11am! We were very grateful after a very early flight from nz. The views from the room were almost 180 degrees, a large balcony and a separate lounge, even a bath. The sea views were found from every room. The apartment was spacious and perfect for my husband and myself, thank you crown plaza staff for a great experience. The staff were helpful, polite and the room was excellent, we wished that we had the crown plaza back again in Christchurch. Your presence is sadly missed by the locals.

Room Tip: Definitely take the upgraded it is worth it!

Dear aotearoanewzealand,
Many thanks for choosing to stay with us recently and for sharing your review with the TripAdvisor community at large. I am very pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay with us.
i certainly share your sentiments that the Crowne Plaza Christchurch is no longer with us due to the 2011 earthquake. I did manage that property in the early nineties and have many fond memories of the local Cantabrians support of the hotel.
Thank you once again.

Reviewed November 26, 2013 via mobile

Good quality hotel, what you would expect from a Crowne Plaza.

However the location is not Surfers Paradise as advertised and about at 25 minute walk from there. It is much closer to Broadbeach which is actually much nicer than Surfers Paradise.

We made the mistake of visiting during "schoolies", the Australian version of Spring Break for 17 and 18 year olds. All of Surfers Paradise had effectively shut down to accommodate for this event and the local area was over run with drunk teenagers - a number of which we're staying at our hotel. Definitely avoid Surfers Paradise during this time!

Self serve laundry facilities available which are cheap and easy to use.

Wifi is ridiculously expensive charged at around $9 for two hours. You can have access to half an hour free in the lobby, however beware you can't use this at separate intervals throughout the day, for the price of this hotel I'd expect wifi at a cheaper rate or free of charge.

On arrival we had to request for the bed sheets on one of the beds in our room to be changed as the bed had crumbs in it and didn't appear to be clean. Our safe wasn't working and we had to call 5 times for someone to fix this.

While overall the hotel amenities were great, we had stayed in cheaper more hostel like accommodation where the service of the staff was much better and more friendly. This hotel is fine if you want a reliable standard of hotel but aren't bothered about friendly staff.

Stayed: November 2013
Victoria T, Public Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Surfers Paradise, responded to this reviewResponded November 27, 2013

Hello Nosha1986,

Thank you for choosing Crowne Plaza on your recent stay on the Gold Coast and for taking the time to leave us with your feedback. I'm sorry to hear that you found the staff not to be as friendly as you had hoped. It is actually something that we pride ourselves on so I am sorry to hear that.
Schoolies is something that does happen every year on the Gold Coast and we're not actually a hotel that participates as a schoolies hotel, however we do get the occasional bookings of school leavers wanting to stay at the hotel. We do our best to monitor them as there are strict guidelines on noise after 10pm that is to be adhered to by all guests.

I hope that you will visit us again, to experience the Gold Coast when Schoolies is not on.

Best wishes,

Reviewed November 24, 2013

Ok where do I start. i booked this hotel on a Wotif site and got a very good price for a five star hotel. On arrival the front desk where very helpful as they should be for a hotel of this status. once in my room all was good until later in the evening when i went to make a nice cup of coffee and found the milk in the fridge had been opened and was on the verge of going off, i was in room 1119 in the gold tower on Sunday night the 24th November, so this can be verified, this should never happen in a five star hotel, i called the front desk and had more milk within 30 minutes but that was after my second call to ask for some. no big deal its not a show stopper.
So good sleep was had on a very comfortable bed. however when i went to the breakfast at 06:28, yes i looked at my watch for a reason, as i will explain. i stood there very happy only to hear the lady, (she wasn't really) say load enough why do they come before 06:30 were not open, yes that's why i looked at my watch. However what came next amazed me. as i stood waiting to get a table she simply looked up and said room, i told her, she looked at her so called list and said you're not on it. I asked what this meant and she simply said your not on it?. so i asked again what this meant, and i did say does that mean im not allowed in for breakfast ?, she looked me in the eye and said are you ok you sound like you have a real problem and need help. very taken aback i asked again as im a very, very laidback person. she said well you have top pay for breakfast then. Not once did i think i was getting it for free anyway. so i signed the sheet and she then ignored me until i asked where it was ok to sit, without looking at me she simply said anywhere and walked away. Then i had to ask how the breakfast meal worked as in did i need to order individually or was it a set menu and help yourself. Then after i found a table and decided i would like some toast i found the toaster had not been turned on so i had to ask if i was allowed to do this very simple task or where staff required to do so. Again in a very, very, very rude huff she said leave it i will do it. so barging past me she did. Never, and i mean Never, in a five star hotel have i been treated in so rude a manner by someone that should understand that hotel guest are the ones that pay her salary so how she even got the position is totally beyond me. I suppose the saving grace was that the previous nights meal was ok, room service, and the breakfast was actually ok along with the very friendly chef. Sp the question is how could staff be so rude and pretentious to guest and expect to be thanked for it and expect guest not to at least complain or say something. The rest of the staff frankly where lovely and helpful but unfortunately this very rude lady needs to understand that people will treat her as she treats other. Smarten up it,s not that hard? So never again will i stay here.

Room Tip: find another place if you see a young lady at breakfast looking like she is ready to rip your head o...
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank david w
DavidMBrown, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Surfers Paradise, responded to this reviewResponded November 25, 2013

Dear david w,
Thank you for choosing to stay with us in the Gold Tower last weekend, however I am most disappointed to hear of the issues which you encountered during your stay - and in particular with the very poor service which you received at breakfast on Sunday morning.
Please accept my very sincere apologies and rest assured I have followed up accordingly with the restaurant team. This is most certainly not the high standard of service which we aspire to offer our guests and i do thank you for bringing this matter to my attention.
I would most certainly welcome the opportunity to redeem ourselves at some time in the future so please do not hesitate to contact me directly if I can assist you personally at any time.

Reviewed November 18, 2013

Our 30+ group of golfers chose to stay at this hotel for our annual golf trip. All of the staff from the front desk to the dining area and the restaurant were very quick to establish a rapport with our group which made us feel very welcome. The rooms were great. The breakfast buffet was one of the best I've experienced and the food in the restaurant upstairs was divine. All of our players enjoyed the hotel and we wouldn't hesitate to stay there again.

Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends
Victoria T, Public Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Surfers Paradise, responded to this reviewResponded November 18, 2013

Hello Marto65,

Thank you for taking the time to leave us with your feedback from your recent group booking. So glad to hear that you enjoyed the hotel and were fans of the rooms, outlets and in particular the breakfast.

Thank you for choosing Crowne Plaza Surfers Paradise.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Surfers Paradise
Hilton Surfers Paradise
#12 of 33 in Surfers Paradise
1 mi away
Meriton Suites Broadbeach

Been to Crowne Plaza Surfers Paradise? Share your experiences!