Crowne Plaza Surfers Paradise
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Gold Coast Inn(Surfers Paradise)
View Hotel
Paradise Inn Motel(Surfers Paradise)
Florida Apartments(Surfers Paradise)
  • Free Internet
Columbia Tower(Surfers Paradise)
  • Beachfront
  • Bar/Lounge
View Hotel
Wyndham Surfers Paradise(Surfers Paradise)
  • Pool
Q1 Resort and Spa(Surfers Paradise)
  • Restaurant
1,750 results
All reviewsgold towerrevolving restaurantfour windsrelish restaurantmain towerspa bathflorida gardensroom servicecorner roomtram stopbuffet breakfastking roomlarge bathroomtop flooran upgradeocean viewbit dated
FilterAll languages
Reviewed June 1, 2013

In my wotif reservation I requested a non-adjoining room, and non-smoking essential. The room I've ended up with is non-smoking in the Gold Tower, with a sea view, but it is adjoining, and the neighbours have flouted their non-smoking policy every night, meaning smoke drifts through the adjoining door and/or the closed balcony windows. When you don't smoke yourself, there's nothing worse or more inescapable than cigarette smoke of others.

The duty manager was as helpful as he could be - the security team would be unable to knock on the adjoining room to enquire unless there was noise, he said. Security could also smell the mustiness of the smoke, but do little about it.

It's a shame - a disappointing mark on an otherwise good stay.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank ewanmcintosh
DavidMBrown, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Surfers Paradise, responded to this reviewResponded June 11, 2013

Dear ewanmcintosh,
Many thanks for choosing to stay with us recently.
I was very disappointed to hear of the issues which you experienced with the guests in the adjacent room who clearly ignored our no smoking policy in our rooms. Please accept my most sincere apologies for the discomfort this caused you.
In the meantime I have followed up with my security personnel to ensure guests are instructed to cease smoking in the rooms. We do also have a standard procedure for cleaning rooms if we feel guests have flouted our policy and this also includes an additional cleaning charge for the offending guests.
Once again I am most sorry that this incident marred an otherwise enjoyable stay.
Thank you for bringing this matter to my attention and once again, for choosing Crowne Plaza Surfers Paradise.

Reviewed May 21, 2013

Booked this hotel through a hotels booking website as a base while at a conference at the Gold Coast Convention Centre.
It's not really as central as we had hoped - being about 20 minutes walk to Broadbeach, and not in Surfers Paradise either.
Rooms are OK, but could benefit from some updating. Beds fine and comfortable.
Breakfast buffet was the highlight - excellent choice and quality.
Free carparking a real bonus.
on check-out an incorrectly invoiced room service ticket was quickly and efficiently checked and deducted from the bill.
Would I stay here again? Not if I wanted to be in the centre of the action, but it's a good choice otherwise.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
Victoria T, Public Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Surfers Paradise, responded to this reviewResponded May 23, 2013

Hi EandGI,

Thank you for taking the time to leave us with your feedback - we really appreciate it.
I'm sorry to hear that we're not located as centrally as you would have like, we do find a lot of our customers enjoy our location being in in-between both Surfers Paradise and Broadbeach and being able to walk to both areas easily.
I'm glad to hear that you appreciated our complimentary carparking and thoroughly enjoyed the buffet breakfast - we've had some great responses to our breakfasts. Apologies about the room service confusion, however I am happy to hear that it was quickly cleared up for you.
Thank you for choosing Crowne Plaza Surfers Paradise.

Best wishes,
Victoria

Reviewed May 20, 2013

Not the best start when upon check in I found that my reservation had been had somehow been changed. However when they discovered it was their mistake they upgraded my fiancé and I to what can only be described as a breathtaking room overlooking the ocean with views from Broadbeach to Surfers Paradise. Staff were very helpful in explain where to catch buses for the Rugby League that night and booking tours for us the next morning. Room was spotless and quiet a very relaxing weekend away.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
Victoria T, Public Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Surfers Paradise, responded to this reviewResponded May 21, 2013

Hello Travel_Russ_20,

I'm very sorry to hear that your reservation was somehow changed, but I'm happy to hear that it was amended efficiently and that you were completely satisfied with your room upgrade.
Happy to hear you had a nice relaxing weekend away and enjoyed yourselves with the assistance of our staff.
I thank you for taking the time to leave us with your feedback.

Best wishes,
Victoria

Reviewed May 20, 2013

Dated rooms and decor, but I've never ever had a breakfast buffet this good. The pancakes are to die for! I booked this hotel through a secret deal (not knowing where until you pay) and I was pleasantly surprised! The bed was a bit lumpy and pillows a little soft, the spa wasn't big enough for a big bloke (my partner) to sit comfortably, it was a cold day so we didn't swim, but the buffet sold me, I'm a local and would absolutely go back for the food!!

Room Tip: Ask for a beach view above level 12 :)
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
DavidMBrown, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Surfers Paradise, responded to this reviewResponded May 21, 2013

Dear Katiebiscuits,
Many thanks for taking time to share your comments after your stay with us in June last year.
I am very pleased to hear you enjoyed our breakfast buffet selection and quality as we do always try to ensure our guests have a great start to each day with a hearty breakfast. Our 'make your own fresh juice' concept is extremely popular in our Relish Restaurant.
It is a shame you didn't have time for a swim as our swimming pool adjacent to our Gold Tower is heated all year round.
Once again, many thanks for sharing your comments and I do hope we have the opportunity to look after you sometime in the not too distant future.

Reviewed May 19, 2013

Have stayed at this hotel 8 times previously and encountered minor hiccups. Upon check in I was told my details could not be found and had to resubmit again, disappointing to see no thorough search was done. Was allocated a room on the fourth floor, which is much lower than previous visits (always above 16). I asked to be moved higher and was told to pay a surcharge to receive better views. When I further explained my continuous patronage I was told the attendant would check with Management. A response of we will put you to the tenth floor no higher unless you pay. Well done Ashley, an empty hotel and you would rather treat your paying guests like second class citizens then keep them happy by accommodating their request for a room which will remain unvacated all night.

My partner and I have always enjoyed our stays here on holidays and also passing through. Unfortunately due to the lack of customer service this will be our last stay. I urge you to reconsider how you treat repeat patronage especially in the down season and also the training given to your duty Managers. They seem to forget they are in a service industry and should be doing everything within their control to keep paying custoners happy, especially those who frequent regularly.

• Stayed: May 2013
1  Thank timgoul
DavidMBrown, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Surfers Paradise, responded to this reviewResponded May 19, 2013

Dear timgoul,
I am very sorry to hear of the issues which you experienced upon check in during your recent stay with us. I can certainly understand your frustration with the lack of recognition after having stayed with us so many times in the past. I would be grateful for information on how you made your reservation so that I can investigate our records further.
With regard to the upgrade to a higher floor - these are always subject to availability and a nominal fee is charged as these rooms are generally in higher demand or are allocated to our Priority Club Rewards Elite members.
Whilst I appreciate your sentiments, I would welcome the opportunity to regain your patronage so please do contact me directly in order to discuss options for you in the future.
david.brown@ihg.com