“good value”

Ranked #7 of 31 Hotels in Surfers Paradise
Australia
“good value”
Reviewed April 3, 2013

I have stayed a number of times and the rooms are always clean and parking is secure.
The staff are friendly and the views are good.
Only down side is just because you book 2 rooms together they may not be near each other or even on the same floor.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank 3031694
DavidMBrown, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Surfers Paradise, responded to this review, April 4, 2013
Dear 30301694,
Thank you for your regular patronage of the hotel - this is most appreciated.
With regard to room allocations - I'm not sure how you made your booking but in future please call the hotel directly with your specific request (to have rooms adjacent to each other) and we will do our very best to ensure your request is fulfilled.
Alternatively, please email me directly and I will action your request accordingly.
Once again, thank you for your regular custom.
david.brown@ihg.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (431)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
Reviewed April 2, 2013

My daughter and I stayed for the first time over Easter.We had a 10th floor room and stayed 2 nights.The view was lovely and the room had everything we wanted.We found the staff very helpful and polite.We ate Sunday breakfast in the revolving restaurant and enjoyed both the food and the view.We'd recommend this hotel to anyone and will stay there again.A touch of class without the pretentiousness!
Only drawback is the lack of allocated disabled parking in the basement.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Jenny B
Dear Jenny B,
Thank you for spending Easter with us last weekend and I am very pleased you found everything to your liking. Thank you for raising the disabled parking issue and I will certainly set out to rectify this straight away.
Ipswich, Queensland, Australia
Reviewed April 2, 2013

As I live about 90 minutes from the gold coast I often come down for the weekend and have stayed at various places. The Crowne plaza gold tower is the pick of them all. I would definitely stay here again as I know I will get value for money.My family stayed in a one bedroom apartment it had great views, very clean and lots of extra's like slippers,shower gels to mention a few.The kids were allowed to stay for free which makes it affordable for a family.I had the buffet breakfast which at $29 is expensive but worth it there was everything you could eat from cheese and crackers waffles,smoothies and of course hot foods and cereals. The staff were excellent and friendly and only a call away.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Dear Ann563,
Thank you for choosing to stay with your family in our Gold Tower when you visit the Gold Coast. It sounds like you have been 'shopping around' for a regular place to stay and I am very pleased you have chosen us!
We look forward to welcoming you once again in the not too distant future.
Brisbane
Reviewed April 1, 2013

Went down for a night over Easter weekend. Check in was great, staff were very friendly and took us through all the facilities of the hotel which was really helpful. Room was great, nice view of the beach and good to sit out on the balcony and have a couple of drinks. Was very happy with the underground parking which is free of charge.

My only criticism was when we went down for dinner - it was pretty awful weather outside so wasn't exactly warm but even so the air con was insanely cold. I could hear other guests complaining about how cold it was and we left dinner slightly early just because it was like sitting in a fridge.

Would definitely come back and recommend this as a place to stay in Surfers Paradise.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Robin C,
Thank you for choosing to spend your Easter break with us at Crowne Plaza Surfers Paradise. I am very pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay. However I am sorry about the restaurant temperature and I have followed up on this accordingly with the Restaurant Manager.
Thanks again and we hope to see you again soon.
Rouse Hill, Australia
Reviewed March 31, 2013

Spending 12 nights here in a 2 bedroom apartment that we booked thru stayz.com.au
The apartment is well furnished, great views & resort facilities are very good.
Beach is just 2 minute walk, Cavill avenue 10 minutes.
Will definitely stay here again !

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
DavidMBrown, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Surfers Paradise, responded to this review, April 1, 2013
Dear burnsy789,
Thank you for choosing to stay with your family here at Crowne Plaza Surfers Paradise.
Based upon your comments I am assuming you stayed in our Gold Tower, which has a wide variety of two bedroom apartments to choose from.
Many thanks for sharing your comments and I do hope we have the pleasure of your company once again at some time in the future.
Beenleigh, Australia
Reviewed March 30, 2013

My partner and I stayed for four nights utilizing my Priority Priviledge two for one vouchers. We had a room on the 20th floor with exceptional views overlooking the ocean. Our check in was very quick and efficient. The room we had was quite large and well laid out. The bathroom was roomy and there was a spa bath and plenty of towels. The breakfasts we had were lovely and the staff were attentive without being intrusive. Pool area is lovely and has plenty of deck chairs both in and out of the sun. The beach is an easy three block walk and you are only a few minutes drive to Surfers and Broadbeach.
Overall, we really enjoyed our stay and the level of service provided seems to be higher with each stay. We will no doubt be back again.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear jellybean_357,
Many thanks for taking time to post your review on your recent stay with us. I am very pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay and that you will be with us once again in the not too distant future.
I very much appreciate your accurate commentary in terms of our location, facilities etc so once again many thanks for choosing to stay with us.
Reviewed March 29, 2013 via mobile

My Mum brought me and my friend for a buffet lunch in the revolving restaurant.the choice of food was good, especially the seafood.i would be more likely to recommend this to friends visiting the Gold Coast.Hopefully stay for a night to experience the rooms and its amenities.Mum lives close by at Mermaid Waters so it would really be a treat to have a night out!

Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Dear MBoncan,
Many thanks for your review of our Four Winds 360 Revolving Restaurant. I am very pleased to hear you enjoyed your lunch and I do hope you have an opportunity to stay with us sometime soon.
Many thanks once again.
#13 of 31 in Surfers Paradise
Meriton Suites Broadbeach
Meriton Suites Broadbeach
#1 of 21 in Broadbeach

Been to Crowne Plaza Surfers Paradise? Share your experiences!