“Clean, spacious and relaxing”

Crowne Plaza Surfers Paradise
Ranked #7 of 31 Hotels in Surfers Paradise
Melbourne, Australia
“Clean, spacious and relaxing”
Reviewed February 10, 2013

I love staying at this hotel. I love the spacious rooms with a generous sized bathroom (corner rooms are the best) and the fact all rooms have balconies is a plus for me. The pool area is a spectacular place to relax and the two block walk to the beach makes me happy. The buffet is worth the $$. Friendly hotel staff, always smiling. Only a 15-20 walk into the heart of the Broadbeach which is far nicer than surfers paradise, but being directly in the centre of both is a blessing. You'll love this property. Trust me!

Business and leisure travel travel year round.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Rohan E
DavidMBrown, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Surfers Paradise, responded to this review, February 24, 2013
Dear RPKE,
Thank you for choosing to stay with us recently and I am very pleased to hear you "love this hotel". I do hope you have the opportunity to stay with us again this year.
Once again, many thanks for sharing your comments with the TripAdvisor community at large.
David Brown

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (432)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed February 10, 2013

We arrived in QLD at 8am for a wedding that afternoon. We had requested early checkin to ensure we could prepare and were pleasantly surprised with our room being ready at 930am!! (I had thought if we were in by 1 I'd be satisfied).
The room was a good size with comfy beds, a wonderful view, large bathroom and kitchenette which was a treat! With a child with allergies it was great to be able to prepare & store his food in the full size fridge.
We spent the morning by the gorgeous pool, in the gym & on our balcony... No need to leave! On arriving back in the early hours of the morning after the wedding, the staff were welcoming and seemed genuinely interested in how our night had been. Oh, and they were extremely helpful when we required a shaving kit then a sewing kit as we got ready for the wedding. Every request was quickly seen to and happy dealt with.
I wish we could have stayed longer, but had to return home for work. I'm already planning another trip for a long weekend up to Surfers and will not hesitate to stay at the Crowne Plaza.
The concierge service was faultless also helping with taxis, airport transfers and even a bandaid!!
The room was great but I think the friendliness of the staff really sold me on Crowne.

Room Tip: I think every room would have a great room. We stayed in the Gold Tower.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
DavidMBrown, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Surfers Paradise, responded to this review, February 13, 2013
Dear MW162,
I was very pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay with us recently and that we exceeded your expectations upon check in. Thank you for choosing Crowne Plaza Gold Tower as your accommodation choice for the wedding you attended (was it in our wedding chapel?) and I do hope we have the opportunity to look after you once again sometime soon.
Thank you for sharing your very kind comments with the TripAdvisor community at large.
Brisbane
Reviewed February 8, 2013 via mobile

Big clean rooms. Friendly service. Best breakfast selection I think I've seen. The revolving restaurant is magnificent with the best sea food

Thoroughly enjoyed my stay would stay again definitely. We stayed for a conference & I was pleasantly surprised.

• Stayed February 2013
2 Thank Brisvegas_Boy
Dear Brizvegas_boy,
Thank you for choosing to stay with us recently and for sharing your feedback accordingly. I am very pleased to see you enjoyed your stay with us and I agree - we do offer an excellent selection at breakfast daily, and great seafood in Queensland's only revolving restaurant.
I hope we can look after you again, next time you choose to visit the Gold Coast.
Many thanks for your patronage.
Byron Bay
Reviewed February 7, 2013

I am generally very fussy about where I stay, and can be a bit of a hotel snob. I booked a standard 2 double bed room with ocean views for our Christmas holiday break commencing boxing day 2012. I decided on Crown Towers because during the peak season I did not want to spend top price. The location is good as it is closer to the Broadbeach area rather than Surfers Paradise which I do not like. Near the beach, a good 10 min walk,better to drive 2 minutes around the corner.

There are two pools, one a very good size and nice surrounds. The other is handy when there are winds. When entering the hotel you do notice that it is a fairly old hotel that is feeling a little tired, but the rooms have been refurbished, so are clean and fresh; and the bathrooms are very nicely appointed. The bath is seperate to the shower which is a plus in my books. The beds are not the best. They are standard hard hotel beds, rather than the nice pillow top super comfy beds that other more luxurious hotels promote. Overall my husband, four year old and I were very comfortable in the room. Housekeeping was excellent.

The buffet breakfast was the best that I have ever enjoyed. Sarah, the matre de for breakfast was always very attentive and friendly, always remembering our names and our favourite table.
Room service was excellent, fast, hot and very good selection, particularly for children; and quite reasonably priced for room service which is always expensive. We ate dinner at the restuarant downstairs as we were too tired to head over to the Broadbeach restaurants, and we had a lovely, relaxed meal.

The staff were always attentive and friendly, particularly Danielle Marshall on checkout.
So overall, no its not the Sheraton, but you don't pay Sheraton; and I have to say that we had a really terrific stay and will return. Super clean,friendly staff, very good amenities, good views. You don't need much more

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Dear mm88ByronBay,
Many thanks for choosing to stay with us recently and for the extensive and thorough review of your experience. I will certainly pass on your feedback directly to Sarah and Danielle as they are both very guest focused individuals and they will certainly appreciate your comments.
Once again, thank you for choosing to have your Christmas break with us on the Gold Coast and I do hope we have the pleasure of your company once again in the not too distant future.
Glass House Mountains, Australia
Reviewed February 3, 2013 via mobile

Lovely comfortable stay - we will be back.
Beautiful beds - executive rooms have lovely baths!
Free parking makes the stay very good value for money too.
--------------------------------------------------------

• Stayed February 2013
Dear Sharonp 1953,
Thank you for choosing to stay with us recently and I am very pleased to hear you had a comfortable stay. We look forward to seeing you again sometime soon.
Thanks again,
Auckland, Auckland, New Zealand
Reviewed February 1, 2013

We booked an ocean view room through Priority Privilege using a 2 nights for the price of 1 voucher. When making my booking, and selecting the 2 for 1 voucher tab, the prices displayed for the room selection were already discounted 50%. This was not made clear and leads you to thinking it is the full nightly rate. Thus when it came time to check out, the total was actually double what I had anticipated having to pay. I feel the wording when making the booking is ambiguous and I am very sure I am not the only one to make this mistake ( as pointed out by the receptionist ).

Despite that, the room was very spacious, clean with full bar service, free parking and a beautiful ocean view. So despite paying more than I expected, I was still very happy with the hotel and its facilities.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Textbooks
DavidMBrown, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Surfers Paradise, responded to this review, February 4, 2013
Dear Shereen G,
Thank you for choosing to stay with us recently, and for being a loyal member of our Priority Privilege Club. Please do not ever hesitate to contact the hotel directly should you require clarification on special member offers, as I am aware you receive a number of vouchers with your membership pack.
I am very pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and I hope you have the opportunity to stay with us again, next time you are visiting Australia.
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed January 31, 2013

it's a bit far from the vibrant part of surfer's paradise, around 15 min walk. the room was just amazing! very clean and comfortable and the view to the ocean is stunning! over all the services and staff were also great. I enjoyed my stay and would recommend it to others.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear ChristianeNSW,
Many thanks for choosing to stay with us last November and I am very pleased to hear you enjoyed your visit.
I do hope we have the opportunity to be of service to you once again in the not too distant future.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Surfers Paradise
#11 of 31 in Surfers Paradise
Meriton Suites Broadbeach
Meriton Suites Broadbeach
#1 of 21 in Broadbeach

Been to Crowne Plaza Surfers Paradise? Share your experiences!