“Great location but needs some TLC with the decor.”

Silverton Holiday Apartments
Auckland, Auckland, New Zealand
“Great location but needs some TLC with the decor.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 26, 2012 via mobile

We booked the two bedroom apartment on the 15th floor. The building and decor inside is dated, the walls in the apartment are scuffed and in need of a fresh coat of paint. Dated decor and furnishings throughout with lovely burnt orange 1970's lampshades in the rooms and faux grass on the balcony. Carpets stained. No ceiling fan in twin room.

Great views however and very handy location. Swimming pool and tennis courts on site which is always handy.

I would probably stay here again.

• Stayed December 2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
Auckland, New Zealand
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 21, 2012

When travelling to the gold coast look up the silverton apartments.
Huge rooms with walk through wardrobe.
Great views of the river.
Tennis court-swimming pool and great BBQ area.
Underground parking.
Very good security.
Well priced and minutes from all the attractions of surfers paradice.

Room Tip: Go High-great views
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Melbourne
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 20, 2012

From the second we arrived I regretted booking. My boyfriend and I took my sisters kids to the Gold Coast for 3 nights. We walked into the foyer and I went up to the desk marked "Reception". I explained I was there to check in and the man behind the counter looked at me as though I was about to hand him a bag of Anthrax. A lady called us over to her window and checked us in. I had to ask about the carpark, she didn't offer any information at all. She didn't explain that you had to use the little tag on your keys to make the lift move and she stood back with Mr Rude and watched us struggle.
When we opened the door to our room the radio was blasting away. The kids were thrilled with the view and then they had a look around and started pointing out all the flaws. The apartment smelled really bad. The dishes were old, mismatched and some of them were filthy. There were holes in the walls and doors and half the handles were falling off. The laundry was also being used as a storeroom.
The kids wanted to play tennis but it was $10 to hire the equipment. You had to pay extra to hire pool towels. The kids did go for a swim and even though I was supervising them Mr Rude felt it necessary to watch us like hawks the entire time. As soon as the kids got out of the pool he went inside! Towels were not changed the entire time we were there so we had to remember to put them on a clothes horse every morning. It cost you extra if you needed more toilet paper ($1 per roll!!!) so we went to the supermarket and bought our own. Other amenities were also replenished for a fee. There were packets of dishwashing liquid on the edge of the sink when we checked in. We went out to the supermarket and when we came back someone had been in our room and taken them!

When it was time for bed we went to tuck the kids in and realised that there were no doonas anywhere. Each bed just had a sheet and a fancy little strip of fabric across the bottom. It was August and was too cold to sleep under just a sheet. We managed to find one disgusting single bedspread and an equally disgusting queen beadspread for the kids beds and we ended up with a mouldy old blanket over our sheet. If we wanted other linen we had to hire it. They didn't bother to tell us that the roadworks that were being done on the highway went all night and we were in an apartment that overlooked all the roadworks and the pub! The noise was deafening and the roadworks went on through 90% of the night for the entire weekend. The roadworkers had huge floodlights that pretty much lit up the room like a Christmas Tree so I had about 3 hours sleep over 3 nights!! There was no heating and no airconditioning. The kids room had a fan but ours had nothing. The pipes made horrible noises as though they were filled with rodents.

I needed to use the internet and it was out of order and looked as though it had been like that for months. Reception closed at 5pm every night so if you needed something it was tough luck. Getting in and out of Silverton was a task as you had to drive for quite some time to turn around. The kids liked having Foxtel and they thought the balcony was great but when I said that we would return to the Gold Coast next year they said "we aren't going back to that yucky stinky place are we?" Free parking, walking distance to Cavill Avenue and a view of the city and the river were the only positives. I would have given all of that up for cleanliness and good customer service.

Would I stay at Silverton Apartments again? I would rather stab myself in the eye with a fork!!!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank MissAnnieMelbourne

Travelers are raving about these Surfers Paradise hotels

Perth
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 14, 2012

Like a lot of people we read the reviews here and were very worried about our first holiday in 11 years but I have to say I was completely relieved when we got to out room and it was fantastic. Arriving there we were able to get our keys a little bit early from the drop box which was such a relief after the red eye from Perth and went straight to sleep for the afternoon. We were on the 9th floor and the apartment was very clean and comfortable, the beds were comfortable enough and the furnishings were also comfortable. It was a little noisy with traffic as our room faced the highway but we certainly got used to it and slept well each night. The only thing I could pick if I really had too was that the lounge suite could have done with a clean as there were a few stains, but where they were it didn’t really bother any of us. The balcony area and views were spectacular and I loved nothing more than having my coffee in the morning and beer at night out there. As has been mentioned it is a self contained apartment and does not get serviced while you are there but we had no problem doing the dishes each day and with a washing machine and dryer we all went home with clean clothes instead of a pile of dirty ones. The pool area was great and the kids loved an evening dip after long days out. It was safe and a pleasure to sit by talking to other guests. The car park was very safe and secure which eased our minds. Look....its not the Hilton and yes it is a bit dated but we had the best holiday ever and a large chunk of that happiness came from knowing that we were coming back to a lovely apartment that we could relax in. I didn’t have a lot to do with management but I met Shane the manager and passed on our thanks and thoughts which he seemed to appreciate. We look forward to returning hopefully next year and will stay here again.

Room Tip: Maybe a bedroom that faced the river may be quieter but Im not sure
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 5, 2012

dirty rooms, no toilet paper supplied, room used as storage for othere furniture ie; 2 dryers, side tables stacked up in the cupboard, no batteries in the remote, outside very very dirty on balcony reception staff very rude. should of spent that little extra to stay somewhere else.

• Stayed November 2012
1 Thank sezza88
Sydney, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 8, 2012

I was really worried once i read other peoples reviews on Silverton Apartments however i was very plesantly suprised. I stayed on level 12 room 69 i have heard other people complaining abou the furnishings etc however my room was the one depicted on their website, very modern furnishings, dishwasher, washing machiene, huge flat screen tv with foxtel. This apartment was bigger than my unit back at home i loved it. The only things that were a downturn were really no aircon (however the fans seemed to be enough for me) & the wifi is not free (i used to data of my iphone so again not really a biggy) the one other thing was there was no gratter, the bathroom a bit outdated maybe for some did not bother me at all. thats all i can really complain about. I have stayed at other serviced apartments in surfers which wernt very clean this particular unit looked very well looked after. I had wine glasses few glasses were mixed matched but that really doesnt bother me. Parking undernearth was very good and secure. overall for $70 a night i was really happy with this place very plesantly suprised- would definatly stay again!! Pleas note this is a self contained apartment so it does not get serviced during your stay you take out ur own garbage (theres a shute you put it down very handy) you dont get room service if you are expecting this than stay at a hotel and not a serviced apartment. i really liked it would recomemmend to anyone !

Room Tip: i was level 12 room 69 if you can request a room maybe request this one
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank Corinnemayryan
Melbourne, Australia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 31, 2012

We were stayed during our holidays but our experience with accommodation was terrible. dirty and filthy dishes in the kitchen. dirty smells in the apartments. All curtails, toilet are very dirty seems like its not been clean from long long time. Manager on duty was not very friendly, rude and arrogant. i will not recommend anyone to stay in this property.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family