After reading 'crushed hopes on cavill' i was left wondering whether we should cancel our booking and find alternative accommodation. Thankfully i decided to stick with it. The 2bedroom apartment we stayed in on the 12th floor had fantastic views over the river and hinterland. It was very spacious, clean and tidy. Bedrooms are of a good size, especially the master bedroom which contains an ensuite. The wrap around balcony also allowed for all day sun. Pools and grounds are well maintained and tidy. We found the location exellent. Just a short stroll up Cavill Av to the main shopping areas. Also there is no need to book a special tour bus to take you to Movie World, Dreamworld or Wet n wild as there is a bustop just meters up the road (Ferny Av). Here Surfside buses will pick you up for a very reasonable fare. Drop off is on the otherside of the road on return. We found the hosts very pleasant to deal with.. I would definitely stay at The Moorings for any further surfers paradise holidays. I guess you need to bear in mind though, that as each apartment is privately owned, furnishings and decor varies. My advice..definitely ask for river/hinterland views on booking. The only negative word i have to say about The Moorings is our room didn't have a cheese grater. But for $105per nite (Aus $) who's complaining! Well worth the money.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Moorings on Cavill holiday apartments accommodation is the ultimate holiday destination combining the perfect Gold Coast location with the serenity of absolute river frontage. Moorings on Cavill is a boutique style accommodation apartment's hotel with 1 or 2 or 3 bedroom self-contained, air conditioned apartments. We also have 1 Penthouse accommodation apartment. All the apartments have fantastic views of the river and is located a short 5 minute walk to Surfers Paradise beach. We have direct access that leads directly onto riverfront boardwalk and close to the patrolled beach. We offer a choice of superior and deluxe apartments as well as budget accommodation apartments. Many of the apartments have been renovated with the deluxe being the most recent. Moorings on Cavill offers a free booking service to all the tours, shows and attractions that the Gold Coast has to offer. We can arrange all of these prior to your arrival or after you arrive .and decide which attractions you wish to visit. If you would like transfers from either the Brisbane or Gold Coast Airport by coach or private service please let us know and we can arrange this for. Just advise us your preference and flight details then we can advise you of the costs and make the bookings to make sure you have a hassle free vacation in Surfers Paradise. Call our reservations team direct for more great deals and a great accommodation apartment. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline and Agoda so you can book your Moorings on Cavill Avenue reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Moorings On Cavill Avenue Hotel Surfers Paradise
- Moorings On Cavill Avenue Gold Coast/Surfers Paradise