The room had a fantastic view of nerang river with a spacious balcony where we had our breakfast. You can also see this view from the kitchen! Great value for $110+ per night! Surprising enough, we slept very soundly. The apartment is well-insulated from any outside noise.
Little things we grumbled about are; there's only 1 toilet roll provided to the unit, and 1 set of bath towels (we're staying for 4 nights!), they charge for any spares. Also, most of the apartment units/hotels we stayed in the past have salt, pepper and oil in the kitchen, and they didn't have it; had to run to woolys in the morning to buy it. The pool/spa closes at 9pm, which was a bummer as we always came back at around that time. Bedroom and lounge was a little dusty, and we kinda blamed that for my continuous sneezing, and his skin rashes but it was tolerable.
Over all,it was an amazing stay at the Moorings! Recommended if you're looking for a great-value accommodation with most of the boxes ticked!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Moorings on Cavill holiday apartments accommodation is the ultimate holiday destination combining the perfect Gold Coast location with the serenity of absolute river frontage. Moorings on Cavill is a boutique style accommodation apartment's hotel with 1 or 2 or 3 bedroom self-contained, air conditioned apartments. We also have 1 Penthouse accommodation apartment. All the apartments have fantastic views of the river and is located a short 5 minute walk to Surfers Paradise beach. We have direct access that leads directly onto riverfront boardwalk and close to the patrolled beach. We offer a choice of superior and deluxe apartments as well as budget accommodation apartments. Many of the apartments have been renovated with the deluxe being the most recent. Moorings on Cavill offers a free booking service to all the tours, shows and attractions that the Gold Coast has to offer. We can arrange all of these prior to your arrival or after you arrive .and decide which attractions you wish to visit. If you would like transfers from either the Brisbane or Gold Coast Airport by coach or private service please let us know and we can arrange this for. Just advise us your preference and flight details then we can advise you of the costs and make the bookings to make sure you have a hassle free vacation in Surfers Paradise. Call our reservations team direct for more great deals and a great accommodation apartment. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Hotwire, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Priceline and Cancelon so you can book your Moorings on Cavill Avenue reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Moorings On Cavill Avenue Hotel Surfers Paradise
- Moorings On Cavill Avenue Gold Coast/Surfers Paradise