Room Type: One bedroom - Older style and spacious. Bathroom: Main and ensuite large but old fashion. Views: the best part of the unit, wraparound balcony with views to Coolangatta and the canals and hinterland. Pools: Heated and indoor with spas and steam rooms. Nice BBQ area, always clean.
Overall impression: Dated unit with some updated appliances, we stayed on the 24th floor apartment E. This apartment had no cable tv or air conditioning. So if both of those things are important to you then I would ask for another room when booking. The one bedroom units are on the side/back of the tower so get the afternoon sun, as such the bedroom warms up and the ceiling fan would not cut it in summer, leaving the windows open exposes you to the evening noises. The staff are really good and helpful and the maintenance man was always checking the pool and surrounds. Cavil Mall and its restaurants are only a 5 min walk and a patrolled beach is straight across the road. If you can guarantee that your unit will have cable tv and air con then stay here if not then shop around you can probably find them in one of the other 100 hotels at Surfers Paradise for a similar rate.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Laying claim to some of the best views on the Gold Coast, BreakFree Imperial Surf offers quality accommodation at a reasonable price. Located in the heart of Surfers Paradise overlooking the beach, all apartments have ocean views, some with sweeping panoramic vistas of the Gold Coast hinterland and surrounds. Perfect for a weekend getaway, mini-break or beachside family holiday, accommodation options include one and two bedroom apartments with large balconies, fully-equipped kitchen and laundry facilities, TV and security access. The resort offers a range of leisure facilities including a full-size tennis court, indoor and outdoor swimming pools, sauna, BBQ area and tour desk. Only a short walk will have you in Cavill Avenue where you can hit the shops or dine at one of the many cafes or restaurants. When the sun sets the Surfers Paradise nightlife takes over and all the nightclubs are only a short walk away. With the surf-patrolled beach directly opposite and the retail, dining and entertainment hub of the Gold Coast literally on the doorstop, the resort offers choice - whether you want to laze in the sun or party until the sun comes up. Maintenance Notice We are excited to announce BreakFree Imperial Surf will be undertaking an upgrade of the external balcony balustrades. This work is scheduled between from 20 April until 10 December 2015 and it will be carried out from 8am to 5pm Monday to Friday only. During this time there may be restricted access to the hotel entrance and limited access to some balconies. The tennis courts will be closed from 20 April until 15 October 2015. The outdoor pool will be closed from October 2015 until the end of the project, however the indoor pool will remain open from 7am until 9pm throughout this period. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Otel, Hotwire, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your BreakFree Imperial Surf reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Imperial Surf Hotel Surfers Paradise
- BreakFree Imperial Surf Gold Coast/Surfers Paradise