For $110 a night for a two bedroom apartment, Focus is good value on the Coast. The Focus has lost it's focus. From the missing lightshades, peeling paint and broken furniture, this place has seen better days and the staff do nothing to enhance the experience. More of a "schoolies" or boys holiday pad, you will see lads coming into the lobby with slabs of beer on their shoulders ready for a few days of drinking.
Asked where a good seafood buffet was, the front desk staff didn't even know about the excellent restaurant just next door! The gardens are great, tennis court is well maintained, but kids drinking beer from bottles in the pool and spa was off-putting.
The two sofas in the lounge both had broken backs so were very uncomfortable to sit on.
The wardrobe had just 3 coathangers and a request to have more was ignored.
The downstairs restaurant has now closed, but a short walk (10 mins) away is Cavill Ave
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Focus Apartments is situated at 114 The Esplanade, Surfers Paradise - we're the round, 32 storey, white building that's right opposite the beach. We are within easy walking distance of Cavill Avenue - the hub of Surfers Paradise. With convenient underground parking and intercom security access, Focus welcomes you to the Gold Coast, 365 days a year. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Priceline, Agoda and TripOnline SA so you can book your Focus Apartments reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Focus Apartments Surfers Paradise
- Focus Apartments Gold Coast/Surfers Paradise