We stayed here for 3 nights at the end of January, and found it to be completely pleasant with no problems at all.
General: Staff were friendly, hotel was spotless, both pools were great and very clean.
Room: Stayed in a 'deluxe' room which is supposed to be 5 star. Whilst room was fine, clean, housekeepers replenished everything daily, it was very small for a deluxe room (I'm assuming their superior & standard rooms must be the same size), so wasn't quite sure what exactly we were paying deluxe prices for. However we had an ocean-facing room which was fantastic and the deluxe rooms are higher up (floors 14 and above I think) so you do get a better view.
Food: average room service but fantastic buffet breakfast. Chefs were incredibly friendly and made the best omelettes! We had to leave early the final morning and the buffet wasn't open, so staff ensured we had a breakfast box at reception when we checked out. Very efficient.
Location: Was worried about this from other reviews, but we loved the location. Less than 5min walk to beach, take out & cafes everywhere, maybe 10mins to cavill ave which is a really easy walk.
Transport: highly recommend the Gold Coast shuttle freedom pass for airport returns & theme park transfers.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Watermark Hotel & Spa is located in the heart of Surfers Paradise, the host of magnificent beaches, shopping and restaurants. The Hotel is ideally positioned on the Surfers Paradise Station of the Light Rail connecting to Gold Coast Convention Centre and Jupiters Casino, or a five minute walk to Cavill Avenue. Guests enjoy a day spa and hair salon, two outdoor swimming pools and spas and fitness centre. Our modern designer rooms enjoy ocean or hinterland views and include a flat-screen TV, fridge and are fully air conditioned. The en suite bathrooms are supplied with essential amenities and a hairdryer. Shared laundry facilities are available. L'Aqua Day Spa boasts a variety of massage treatments, and features premium products to ensure pure indulgence. Waves Buffet Restaurant offers a hot buffet breakfast daily, and an International Buffet for dinner. Visit Clifford's Grill & Lounge and Walrus Social House (bar, gaming, cafe) for a night of great tastes and tempting cocktails. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Orbitz, Hotwire, Booking.com, Travelocity, Ctrip TA, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Watermark Hotel & Spa Gold Coast reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Watermark Hotel And Spa Gold Coast
- Watermark Hotel Gold Coast
- Watermark Hotel Surfers Paradise
- Watermark Hotel & Spa Gold Coast Surfers Paradise