Check-in: Our flight arrived in the Gold Coast at 8am. Check-in staff were amazing and requested the room be cleaned as a priority and had us checked in by 11:30am instead of the usual 2:00pm. For the time we waited they provvided us with towels and access to the hotel pools.
Our Room (Deluxe): Our room was impeccable. So much better than expected. Very modern and clean.
Hotel Facilities: I think the pool facilities could use a little more attention. The spa on level 2 I think also needs its timer adjusted, it barely bubbles for five minutes before you have to get out and push the button again.
Hotel staff: Check-in staff were amazing each and ever time I spoke with them. I believe I dealt with at least 5 seperate staff and all were brilliant.
Room service: I found room service to be a let down. On one occasion I placed the please make up my room card in the door at 8am and the room had still not been serviced by almost 1pm. 2 of our room occupants then went out and 1 remained. We returned at 3:30pm to find the room had still not been serviced. I called the number noted in the guest directory which noted housekeeping worked from 8am to 4pm, and I was told by the lady on the phone that housekeeping actually only works until 2 and that our room was not serviced as when they entered the room someone was sleeping. I found the whole situation extremely disappointing, they didn't even leave clean towels for us, just left. I was also quite shocked to find that housekeeping would help themselves to any money that we had left out when they serviced our room. On one occasion we had placed our change from breakfast on the bench and around lunch time went out to the beach. On return our room had been cleaned and the money was gone, which is totally unacceptable.
All in all I enjoyed the hotel, but housekeeping's sticky fingers left me feeling quite disappointed.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Watermark Hotel & Spa is located in the heart of Surfers Paradise, the host of magnificent beaches, shopping and restaurants. The Hotel is ideally positioned on the Surfers Paradise Station of the Light Rail connecting to Gold Coast Convention Centre and Jupiters Casino, or a five minute walk to Cavill Avenue. Guests enjoy a day spa and hair salon, two outdoor swimming pools and spas and fitness centre. Our modern designer rooms enjoy ocean or hinterland views and include a flat-screen TV, fridge and are fully air conditioned. The en suite bathrooms are supplied with essential amenities and a hairdryer. Shared laundry facilities are available. L'Aqua Day Spa boasts a variety of massage treatments, and features premium products to ensure pure indulgence. Waves Buffet Restaurant offers a hot buffet breakfast daily, and an International Buffet for dinner. Visit Clifford's Grill & Lounge and Walrus Social House (bar, gaming, cafe) for a night of great tastes and tempting cocktails. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Agoda, Hotels.com, Priceline, Ctrip TA, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Hotwire, Cancelon, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Watermark Hotel & Spa Gold Coast reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Watermark Hotel And Spa Gold Coast
- Watermark Hotel Gold Coast
- Watermark Hotel Surfers Paradise
- Watermark Hotel & Spa Gold Coast Surfers Paradise