We had planned this girls trip for 10 months so we were very excited to finally be on our pampering holiday.
We knew we were staying somewhere really special as soon as we arrived at Watermark Gold Coast, it was visually very nice.
We were warmly greeted at reception and very impressed that our rooms were ready 3 hours before our scheduled check in time which was wonderful as we had only about 3 hours sleep in 2 days and could take some much needed rest time.
Our rooms were very clean and comfortable with lovely decor.
For $15 per night our hire car was securely parked in the underground carpark at Watermark.
We were on the 11th floor and highly recommend this floor as we had no street noise and the curtains completely blocked out the sun and streetlights, which made for a comfortable nights sleep.
Housekeeping was of a very high standard with very friendly and efficient staff.
Room service meals menu had great choices itch very reasonable prices and promptly delivered.
Breakfast was equally as good, especially the omelettes and eggs freshly cooked the way you prefer them.
Thanks to Michael at breakfast for the tips and hints he provided on places to go, see and do etc.
We dined at the Amalfi restaurant at Watermark. Great menu, delectable cuisine and very reasonable prices.
Our second last day we were pampered at L'Aqua spa at Watermark, "WOW" this place is amazing, we were treated like queens from head to toe! Highly recommend L'Aqua to anyone, the staff are beautiful and the prices we really reasonable.
***** On the negative side. *****
Before we went up to our rooms we asked the concierge, Daniel, if he could kindly call the Q1 restaurant and make a dinner reservation for us for Saturday night, Daniel responded "you don't need to book as its doesn't get that busy that you need a reservation to be made", we asked could he please just call but he again said "it's really to necessary". In hindsight we wish we had demanded he call because we went to the Q1 at 7pm only to be refused as there was a wedding reception which had booked the entire restaurant & observation floor and as we had pre purchased our 4 tickets online we then had unusable tickets totalling $120 all because of the laziness of 1 person not obliging by making a simple phone call as we had asked. We could not go the next day because we had an earlier flight home and Saturday night was to be our "special dinner" for our last night of our holiday and had the phone call been made by the concierge 2 nights before this we could have made an informed decision to go on the Thursday or Friday.
Our greatly anticipated holiday ended on a real negative note with a $120 loss all because of 1 persons can't be bothered attitude!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Watermark Hotel & Spa is located in the heart of Surfers Paradise, the host of magnificent beaches, shopping and restaurants. The Hotel is ideally positioned on the Surfers Paradise Station of the Light Rail connecting to Gold Coast Convention Centre and Jupiters Casino, or a five minute walk to Cavill Avenue. Guests enjoy a day spa and hair salon, two outdoor swimming pools and spas and fitness centre. Our modern designer rooms enjoy ocean or hinterland views and include a flat-screen TV, fridge and are fully air conditioned. The en suite bathrooms are supplied with essential amenities and a hairdryer. Shared laundry facilities are available. L'Aqua Day Spa boasts a variety of massage treatments, and features premium products to ensure pure indulgence. Waves Buffet Restaurant offers a hot buffet breakfast daily, and an International Buffet for dinner. Visit Clifford's Grill & Lounge and Walrus Social House (bar, gaming, cafe) for a night of great tastes and tempting cocktails. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotwire, Agoda, Travelocity, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, Evoline ltd, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Watermark Hotel & Spa Gold Coast reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Watermark Hotel And Spa Gold Coast
- Watermark Hotel Gold Coast
- Watermark Hotel Surfers Paradise
- Watermark Hotel & Spa Gold Coast Surfers Paradise