“Business trip for 2 nights”

Watermark Hotel & Spa Gold Coast
Ranked #8 of 32 Hotels in Surfers Paradise
Coffs Harbour, Australia
“Business trip for 2 nights”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 21, 2012

I stayed here recently for 2 nights to attend a conference. The room was very clean and tidy, two queen beds in the room, room on the 7th floor facing the ocean. The room is very dimly lit, the bed was very comfortable. I had to pay $12 per night for parking which I think is not necessary when you are already paying $120 for the room. Breakfast was standard buffet and the food was fine. Could hear people from the corridor opening and closing their doors.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank KampervanKapers
WatermarkGoldCoast, Guest Relations Manager at Watermark Hotel & Spa Gold Coast, responded to this review, September 27, 2012
Thank you for your feedback about the room and comfortable bedding. Our guests often comment very positively about our beds and we will address the lighting issue internally. We are disappointed that you had an issue with our parking charges, however, we wanted to let you know they are comparable with similar hotels in the area. We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back to Watermark Hotel & Spa.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (290)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Melbourne, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 21, 2012

I stayed here for one night with my husband and two kids (6yo & 18 mo) and we were very pleased. All staff were extremely helpful and pleasant. The rooms are a bit small, but were clean and ready when we arrived early. The buffet breakfast is okay, but a little bit pricey for what you get. We ate dinner at the Amalfi Restaurant with our kids, and that was probably the best experience at the hotel! There is an italian woman who works there (can't remember her name) and her customer service, attention to detail and exceptional interaction with our young kids was very commendable and refreshing!! It can be difficult to find great dining options with young kids that provide good quality food and a kid-friendly atmosphere. She went above and beyond what we expected, and we were very grateful for that..... Well Done!! Overall, this hotel was a great option for a short stay and at an affordable price.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Many thanks for your feedback. We are delighted to read you and your family enjoyed your stay and had a wonderful dining experience in our Italian restaurant – Amalfi Bistro & Wine Bar. We strive for exceptional customer service and really appreciate you taking the time to post your comments. Thank you, once again for your feedback. We look forward to welcoming you and your family in the future.
india
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 17, 2012

i stayed there on my Honeymoon trip in august , i got a great deal on their website , it was worth the price , i had booked the standard room , the rooms are very poorly lit and bed's just about ok not too comfortable , but at the price of average 110 AUD worth it , beach is close by walking distance , would recommend for people on budget .

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
WatermarkGoldCoast, Guest Relations Manager at Watermark Hotel & Spa Gold Coast, responded to this review, September 23, 2012
Thank you for your comments. Yes, our standard rooms are great value and our budget room type. If you would like a more luxurious bed next time you stay we would like to recommend our Deluxe and Club room types which include comfort plus bedding, pillow menu, higher quality furnishings, bathrobes and slippers. We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the future.
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 14, 2012

I booked a room at this hotel through wotif and was very happy when I found out the hotel as knew of it and knew the location was great. After a long flight from Perth and a horrible drive down from Brisbane I arrived at the hotel at around 6pm but couldn't get into the driveway due to tourist buses being parked in there, waited awhile then got frustrated and parked on the foot path!!! The check in was easy and the trainee that checked me in was lovely. Got my room key and headed up to the 19th floor which had a lovely view of the Q1 building, got room service....wrong food delivered...went to sleep, in the morning went to breakfast, checked out only then to be asked/told about the fact my room was a "club watermark" room and how did I like all the extra bonus's and facilities available to me, such as the canipies and separate breakfast? Ummmm no one ever told me about all of that at check in or breakfast so such a waste of opportunity/time/money on my behalf. Disappointing that this was not explained to me at check in, feel like I was a little ripped of in a way. As I said though, great location and I felt safe there being a solo traveller but also reckon would be good for families.

Room Tip: It is worth the upgrade to the higher floors, just be sure to find out what this entitles you to.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
Thank you for your feedback and kind comments regarding our staff and location. Please be assured this incident has been investigated and unfortunately, you had booked a Club room only so you were not entitled to the extra bonuses which are actually part of the Club Premier Experience package. The staff member misinformed you at checkout and we apologise for the upset that it caused. We hope you have the opportunity to visit us again.
Gold Coast
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 8, 2012

Stayed in a standard room on 7th floor has 2 double beds in room. Beds comfortable, room reasonable size, bathromm a bit outdated but overall clean room. The best thing about my experience was room had a view of the ocean even in a standard room which is rare these days. You have to pay extra for wifi. I would suggest upgrade to room on higher floor with view but for $95AUD I was very happy. The hotel is just south of the main Surfers Paradise CBD area which is much quieter and close to a number of restaurants. I would recommend the hotel if you wished to stay away from the hustle and bustle of the CBD, you can walk there anyway in 5 minutes.

Room Tip: Upgrade to club room if you want more luxury, oceanview
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank jodragon
WatermarkGoldCoast, Guest Relations Manager at Watermark Hotel & Spa Gold Coast, responded to this review, September 19, 2012
Many thanks for taking the time to post your review. We aim to provide a quality, great value experience for all guests and appreciate your feedback about the room, views, location and price. We look forward to welcoming you back.
Singapore, Singapore
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 8, 2012

I booked 2 days of deluxe room and 5 days standard at the time of booking. This was due to full booking of deluxe.

When I checked in, I was told by the reception staff, Michelle, that they would upgrade the 5 days of standard room to deluxe room. I was pleasantly surprised!

The room cleaning service was fine, except that my floor was not vacuumed, and there was obvious litters not cleared.

The location is excellent, directly opposite of Q1, and a very short walk to the heart of surfers paradise.

Room Tip: Ask for room facing the beach.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank IsaacYoon
Thank you for your feedback and your comments. We are sorry to read the room hadn’t been cleaned to your satisfaction. Please be assured that providing guests with a high standard of cleanliness is one of our top priorities and this issue has been addressed internally. We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you again in the future.
Canberra, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 7, 2012

Local members of our network selected the Watermark for a business meeting in September, and the service was impeccable.

Staff from the hotel were a great help with organising our meeting beforehand; they provided excellent information on our options and stayed in touch throughout the process of getting ourselves organised and running the meeting. Even the two little things that weren't arranged as planned were quickly rectified, and we couldn't ask for more.

The facilities were excellent, both for our meeting and in terms of the accommodation provided for us.

But I think the real standout here was the food. Most of the time catering in these contexts seems to be the most basic of sandwiches or at best a strange kind of buffet, but the options on offer here made me think 'what's the extra charge going to be?'. As it happened, this was included in our original quote, and the choice was much broader than usual. The quality of food provided for our group was impeccable, and it was all prepared fresh and on site both days of our meeting. The breakfast was likewise of a much higher standard than your average hotel.

The beds in the rooms were very comfortable, although I didn't find even a vaguely reasonable pillow among the six on my bed! They were all thin as paper and far too soft. I found myself using a towel to plump them up.

The shower was an interesting affair. With the shower base raised, the rose was in line with my chin, so washing my hair was something of an acrobatic exercise.

Apart from these two gripes, though, this is one of the best hotels I've visited and I highly recommend it.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for your wonderful feedback and taking the time to post this review. We strive for exceptional service in all areas of the hotel and appreciate your comments about our conference facilities, rooms and catering. We are sorry to hear that you did not like the pillows, but wanted to let you know that our Deluxe and Club rooms have a pillow menu available so there is an option to select one which is suited to your liking. We have noted your comments about the show head internally and this will be investigated further. Once again, thank you for your feedback. We hope to welcome you again soon.