We stayed here for a week after driving up from sydney. Firstly rooms were large enough for the two of us and having a kitchen and laundry in the room was great for a stay of a week. The balcony meant we could let in some fresh air if it got a little stuffy. The bed was comfy (even if it was only 2 singles pushed together) although the lounge was not! Walk in wardrobe meant plenty of room for your stuff. Had breakfast buffet the first morning there and they had all your basics there, nothing fancy and wouldnt recommend it if its not included in your rate there are heaps of other options in the heart of surfers. Never ate there for dinner so cant really comment on that. The pool is large and completely lovely, not a single fault with the outside pool itself. First day we went down however we wanted to use the slides which were open but not a lifeguard in sight (saw him there all the time after this first encounter). Firstly there are 2 slides, one shorter one longer. The shorter one I went on first and had no problem. The longer one I somehow managed to smash my head on the end of it and ended up with a sore head a bump a bruise and a few sore ribs. Later on found out u actually need to sign a form and get a wrist band to actually use the slides. No issues with this at all but would be nice to have been told at check in BEFORE we were in the pool and told by the lifeguard we couldnt go down the slide (even tho we'd been down it the day before when there were no lifeguards around). Underground secure parking is good no complaints there. Tennis courts were good, although there was a mix up with the court hire (didnt see a single sole down there for the entire week, and yet we had to book in advance and we were told we couldnt book for 3 hours even when no one was there the whole 3 hours). Spas were great! Indoor pool was out of order for the first 3 days, great at night when open tho. Staff were all great. No issues at all there. Other than a few points above had a great stay and would stay here again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Featuring unique Aztec-inspired designs and architecture, set amidst lush tropical gardens, Mantra Sun City is located just one block from the sandy beaches of the Gold Coast. With Mantra Sun City's facilities surrounding the 35 metre saltwater lagoon pool complete with dragon waterslide, the resort offers a range of hotel rooms and one, two and three bedroom apartments overlooking the Gold Coast beaches, canal waterways or surrounding hinterland. Take advantage of the resort's wide range of facilities, which include a heated indoor pool, outdoor lagoon with its own sandy beach and waterslides, spa, sauna and steam room, tennis courts, games room, fitness centre and Koastal Kitchen Restaurant. Head down to the beach for a casual stroll along the esplanade, finished off with a meal at one of the many cafes and restaurants on offer. Whatever you fancy, Mantra Sun City is the perfect location for a Surfers Paradise holiday. Koastal Kitchen The sun, the surf, the shopping, the excitement, it builds an appetite! Start the day with a wholesome family breakfast or get everyone together for a catch up dinner in the Koastal Kitchen restaurant. The pizzas are fresh from the oven, the grills, salads, tapas to share and seafood fast and fabulous. Kids have their own special menu. Located on the ground floor of Mantra Sun City. Restaurant Opening Hours: Breakfast: 7.00Am - 10.00Am, daily Dinner 5.00Pm - 9.00Pm, daily Room service: Dinner 5.00Pm - 9.00Pm, daily **Photographic ID and a $200 Credit Card Pre Authorisation will be required for check in. No cash deposits taken.** ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Ctrip TA, Booking.com, Orbitz, Priceline, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, Travelocity, Agoda, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Mantra Sun City reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mantra Sun City Hotel Surfers Paradise
- Mantra Sun City Surfers Paradise
- Mantra Sun City Gold Coast/Surfers Paradise