My husband and I stayed at this hotel for a weekend. We were surprised when asked to get our room cleaned as it was not done and there was no door hanger/sign "to clean my room" . So we
assumed that the room will get cleaned. When asked one of the staff we were told that the rooms get cleaned only if we stay for 8 days or more. We were shocked by this as we are regular international travelers and we never had a situation like this before not even whilst travelling domestic. Bed sheets had stains, taps were dirty, no desk only one old chair in the room and the side table had a loose foot. Clothes rack in the closet, hanger was stuck and the hanger rail kept falling off. Only one small soap, shampoo & conditioner for the weekend for 2 people while the inclusions did not specify that these things are not supplied daily.
The view and location was good, our room number was 1602B.The staff were friendly. The breakfast was so so nothing exciting and not much choice for vegetarians.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Featuring unique Aztec-inspired designs and architecture, set amidst lush tropical gardens, Mantra Sun City is located just one block from the sandy beaches of the Gold Coast. With Mantra Sun City's facilities surrounding the 35 metre saltwater lagoon pool complete with dragon waterslide, the resort offers a range of hotel rooms and one, two and three bedroom apartments overlooking the Gold Coast beaches, canal waterways or surrounding hinterland. Take advantage of the resort's wide range of facilities, which include a heated indoor pool, outdoor lagoon with its own sandy beach and waterslides, spa, sauna and steam room, tennis courts, games room, fitness centre and Koastal Kitchen Restaurant. Head down to the beach for a casual stroll along the esplanade, finished off with a meal at one of the many cafes and restaurants on offer. Whatever you fancy, Mantra Sun City is the perfect location for a Surfers Paradise holiday. Koastal Kitchen The sun, the surf, the shopping, the excitement, it builds an appetite! Start the day with a wholesome family breakfast or get everyone together for a catch up dinner in the Koastal Kitchen restaurant. The pizzas are fresh from the oven, the grills, salads, tapas to share and seafood fast and fabulous. Kids have their own special menu. Located on the ground floor of Mantra Sun City. Restaurant Opening Hours: Breakfast: 7.00Am - 10.00Am, daily Dinner 5.00Pm - 9.00Pm, daily Room service: Dinner 5.00Pm - 9.00Pm, daily **Photographic ID and a $200 Credit Card Pre Authorisation will be required for check in. No cash deposits taken.** ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Ctrip TA, Orbitz, Agoda, Hotwire, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Mantra Sun City reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mantra Sun City Hotel Surfers Paradise
- Mantra Sun City Surfers Paradise
- Mantra Sun City Gold Coast/Surfers Paradise