Whilst not terrible or the worst stay I've ever had, I found this hotel a little bit of a miss in some areas. The room was incredibly spacious, I'll give it that, and there was a beautiful ocean view. I also slept incredibly soundly and the bed was very comfortable. The location was quite nice, despite ongoing roadworks and a few difficulties in accessing the hotel. What wasn't so great was the room cleanliness. The kitchen had red wine stains in multiple places and the ceiling in the kitchen had other stains (possibly mould?). The carpeting was such that walking around barefoot gave us all blackened feet in a short amount of time. The couch had a large rip in one of the cushions and the main shower smelled awful.
Also, when we went to the poolside bar for some family pre-dinner drinks, we sat just underneath the edge of the building- and were spat/vomited on. We did not see who did it, but some sort of foul smelling liquid came out of one of the upper windows and landed on us, ruining a brand new suit and a dress. When staff were informed they were quite helpful, however, I don't think the issue was followed up at all and no apologies were offered. The drinks were not able to be finished because they caught some of the liquid but no replacements were offered. Whilst not the hotel's fault, I still feel more could have been done. The hotel is a decent stay, however, there were just too many little things that all added up to make it such that I would not stay there again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Featuring unique Aztec-inspired designs and architecture, set amidst lush tropical gardens, Mantra Sun City is located just one block from the sandy beaches of the Gold Coast. With Mantra Sun City's facilities surrounding the 35 metre saltwater lagoon pool complete with dragon waterslide, the resort offers a range of hotel rooms and one, two and three bedroom apartments overlooking the Gold Coast beaches, canal waterways or surrounding hinterland. Take advantage of the resort's wide range of facilities, which include a heated indoor pool, outdoor lagoon with its own sandy beach and waterslides, spa, sauna and steam room, tennis courts, games room, fitness centre and Koastal Kitchen Restaurant. Head down to the beach for a casual stroll along the esplanade, finished off with a meal at one of the many cafes and restaurants on offer. Whatever you fancy, Mantra Sun City is the perfect location for a Surfers Paradise holiday. Koastal Kitchen The sun, the surf, the shopping, the excitement, it builds an appetite! Start the day with a wholesome family breakfast or get everyone together for a catch up dinner in the Koastal Kitchen restaurant. The pizzas are fresh from the oven, the grills, salads, tapas to share and seafood fast and fabulous. Kids have their own special menu. Located on the ground floor of Mantra Sun City. Restaurant Opening Hours: Breakfast: 7.00Am - 10.00Am, daily Dinner 5.00Pm - 9.00Pm, daily Room service: Dinner 5.00Pm - 9.00Pm, daily **Photographic ID and a $200 Credit Card Pre Authorisation will be required for check in. No cash deposits taken.** ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Orbitz, Ctrip TA, Expedia, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Travelocity, Agoda, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Mantra Sun City reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mantra Sun City Hotel Surfers Paradise
- Mantra Sun City Surfers Paradise
- Mantra Sun City Gold Coast/Surfers Paradise