Stayed 3 nights with myself and child. We stayed on the 32nd floor with ocean/amazing view. The check in was quick, however swipe cards didn't work and had to be redone (no big deal). The room was clean and well fitted out. Although it was very 90s decor and fittings. The block out curtains were a real plus (esp with kids!!)
The hotel itself has some sort of Aztec, Indiana Jones, Vegas theme going on... which probably makes it feel more dated! It also has the atmosphere of somewhere a bit derelict / that was quite busy in former days, eg bar that was never open, atm that was out of order...
Pool and outdoors areas were really nice and appeared well maintained. Indoor pool is supposedly heated but wasn't. Had to pay non-refundable $3 for a towel.
I noticed other comments about the smell on the room floors - didn't notice it myself except when putting garbage in the chute!!
Roadworks around the area made it frustrating to get to, and seemed to change on a daily basis - although this is no fault of the hotel. There was also a bit of noise from the backpackers across the road (again no fault of the hotel, but it does travel - even to up to the 32nd floor!)
Overall, really good - if a little dated. Staff helpful and friendly. Location good, and good facilities.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Featuring unique Aztec-inspired designs and architecture, set amidst lush tropical gardens, Mantra Sun City is located just one block from the sandy beaches of the Gold Coast. With Mantra Sun City's facilities surrounding the 35 metre saltwater lagoon pool complete with dragon waterslide, the resort offers a range of hotel rooms and one, two and three bedroom apartments overlooking the Gold Coast beaches, canal waterways or surrounding hinterland. Take advantage of the resort's wide range of facilities, which include a heated indoor pool, outdoor lagoon with its own sandy beach and waterslides, spa, sauna and steam room, tennis courts, games room, fitness centre and Koastal Kitchen Restaurant. Head down to the beach for a casual stroll along the esplanade, finished off with a meal at one of the many cafes and restaurants on offer. Whatever you fancy, Mantra Sun City is the perfect location for a Surfers Paradise holiday. Koastal Kitchen The sun, the surf, the shopping, the excitement, it builds an appetite! Start the day with a wholesome family breakfast or get everyone together for a catch up dinner in the Koastal Kitchen restaurant. The pizzas are fresh from the oven, the grills, salads, tapas to share and seafood fast and fabulous. Kids have their own special menu. Located on the ground floor of Mantra Sun City. Restaurant Opening Hours: Breakfast: 7.00Am - 10.00Am, daily Dinner 5.00Pm - 9.00Pm, daily Room service: Dinner 5.00Pm - 9.00Pm, daily **Photographic ID and a $200 Credit Card Pre Authorisation will be required for check in. No cash deposits taken.** ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Agoda, Expedia, Priceline, Orbitz, Hotwire, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, Evoline ltd, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Mantra Sun City reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mantra Sun City Hotel Surfers Paradise
- Mantra Sun City Surfers Paradise
- Mantra Sun City Gold Coast/Surfers Paradise