I stayed at the Mantra Sun City from the 7-12th January on one of the 5th floor one bedroom apartments. Initially I was a little worried from looking at the below reviews but I definately did not come across any of the problems that have been brought up and was very satisfied with my stay.
The one bedroom apartments are very clean and tidy, with furniture being comfortable to sleep and sit on. The appliances included in the kitchen included an oven, microwave and stove, so we were able to have some meals at the apartment! I don't know if other reviewers were unlucky with having a bad room or were merely expecting modern decor. If you wanted that, you should have stayed at a higher priced hotel!
The staff at Sun City were always welcoming, and were more than happy to assist wherever needed. On the first night we discovered that our fridge wasn't cooling properly, as well as having a minor bug issue (which is not unusual to find in hot, humid places). Only a few hours after we reported both issues they were fixed that same day.
Facilities = Amazing. They have two outdoor pools, one of which is a lagoon pool layout, with two waterslides, two spas and an indoor pool. The Aztec theme is also really cool, definately made the stay. There is an outdoor bar, with a games room attached to it for those days you want to laze around the resort.
With our package we had an all-inclusive buffet breakfast for the rest of our stay. It includes bacon, eggs, pastries, fresh muffins and fruit and pancakes to say the least. I can definately say I wasn't left hungry! I also had a one hour massage with the Calmer Therapies day spa within the hotel, and couldn't recommend this more for those staying.
Overall I am very happy with my stay and would definately be staying here again on my next trip to Surfers!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Featuring unique Aztec-inspired designs and architecture, set amidst lush tropical gardens, Mantra Sun City is located just one block from the sandy beaches of the Gold Coast. With Mantra Sun City's facilities surrounding the 35 metre saltwater lagoon pool complete with dragon waterslide, the resort offers a range of hotel rooms and one, two and three bedroom apartments overlooking the Gold Coast beaches, canal waterways or surrounding hinterland. Take advantage of the resort's wide range of facilities, which include a heated indoor pool, outdoor lagoon with its own sandy beach and waterslides, spa, sauna and steam room, tennis courts, games room, fitness centre and Koastal Kitchen Restaurant. Head down to the beach for a casual stroll along the esplanade, finished off with a meal at one of the many cafes and restaurants on offer. Whatever you fancy, Mantra Sun City is the perfect location for a Surfers Paradise holiday. Koastal Kitchen The sun, the surf, the shopping, the excitement, it builds an appetite! Start the day with a wholesome family breakfast or get everyone together for a catch up dinner in the Koastal Kitchen restaurant. The pizzas are fresh from the oven, the grills, salads, tapas to share and seafood fast and fabulous. Kids have their own special menu. Located on the ground floor of Mantra Sun City. Restaurant Opening Hours: Breakfast: 7.00Am - 10.00Am, daily Dinner 5.00Pm - 9.00Pm, daily Room service: Dinner 5.00Pm - 9.00Pm, daily **Photographic ID and a $200 Credit Card Pre Authorisation will be required for check in. No cash deposits taken.** ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Agoda, Travelocity, Orbitz, Ctrip TA, Hotwire, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Mantra Sun City reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mantra Sun City Hotel Surfers Paradise
- Mantra Sun City Surfers Paradise
- Mantra Sun City Gold Coast/Surfers Paradise