“We enjoyed our stay.”

Beachcomber Resort Surfers Paradise
Brisbane, Australia
“We enjoyed our stay.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 8, 2012

Such a great location, and we had an excellent view. Extras are at a minimum, but we found the room to be very clean. Beachcomber resort is a good deal, and it is close to everything.

Room Tip: Can't speak for the other views, but our ocean view room truly had an ocean view. While an unint...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Karin E

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (154)
Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 7, 2012

I have worked in hospitality for over 10 years and am ashamed to say, was appalled by the service and standard of this 'hotel'.
We arrived at Beachcomber on a Monday morning and were able to check in an hour early as our room was ready which was great, we had requested a high level room with a spa (as we had seen it advertised) none of which we received..

We were greeted with a hot room with closed curtains, musty smell, a bed with 2 pillows and 1 blanket, a microwave that seemed to have never been cleaned, a mini fridge with 2 ice trays frozen in with ice, an old bottle of water, a dirty stove top and un-plesent smell coming from the bathroom. It looked nothing like the suit we had seen from the photos..

We laid down for a nap having not slept the night before and our 'king zip bed' was 2 single beds pushed together with a sheet over the top covered by a blanket not big enough to cover the bed so I couldn't comfortably sleep next to my partner without falling down a crack.

We departed after 3 nights and upon returning home I noticed that I had left something on the bathroom vanity (worth $300) I called the hotel in the morning (as we arrived home late) and was told that someone would return my call after they had spoken to cleaners to see if they had found it.
I waited 2 days and not having a reply, I called again and had the same answer. I emailed the following day having received a 'please leave feedback' form explaining my situation and how I wanted my item returned and followed it with another call and got the after hours reception and to call back about 10am the following day. (Reception is only staffed from 8am - 5pm sharp) Being extremely annoyed at this stage I did call that morning and AGAIN was told I would get a call back. The next morning I rang for the last time and was told that no one had found my item, and that 'the next person booked in the room may have claimed it' which it atrocious as I would expect cleaners to clean the bathroom (not that it looked like it when I arrived) and the item is not something you can just clean around unnoticed.
I was then offered a voucher to use should I stay again which was going to be emailed to me (at first I declined) then the lady on the phone insisted that she email it to me if I should change my mind in future.. It is now 3 days later and still no voucher or email!

Sorry this review is so long but I could not believe the state of the rooms or service that Beachcomber offered.

There are a few good reviews I have read and normally I would always give a place a second chance but due to this Im sorry to say I will never recommend or return to this property of any others in this chain.

Dissapointed - Melbourne

Room Tip: ask for the room in the photos
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank melbournebabyburn

Travelers are raving about these Surfers Paradise hotels

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 6, 2012 via mobile

It was lovely to stay at beachcomber, the location was fantastic and the view was great overlooking the beach. Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed May 2012
Townsville, Australia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 1, 2012

My husband and I have stayed here a few times purely for the location and reasonable prices, we cannot stand the staff that work here. The decent sized rooms are always really quite with pretty ocean views. Great location for cavil. Usually the staff at the front desk are ok (not uncooperative but not friendly either), however don't make a noise or security will be at your door. We stayed here once with 2 other couples, rooms next to each other. We were all in one room having dinner together (cooking facilities available) with some nice music playing softly, within half an hour security was demanding us to go to our own rooms. We understand that they have a no party policy but we were 6 adults having dinner and all of us were paying to stay at the hotel. Unreasonable in my book. We will stay here again but only for the location.

Stayed June 2011, traveled with friends
1 Thank HolidayCouple11
Christchurch, NZ
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 26, 2012

Beachcomber Resort is in a very handy location and offers satisfactory value for money. Ocean view was welcome from my room on the 25th floor. Security arrangements are good and ( importantly ) nothing to complain about re. noise during my 5-night stay. Happy to come back here again.

Peter Toland, Christchurch, NZ

Room Tip: Higher up the better
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
Kallangur
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 26, 2012

Me and my wife just stayed 1 night here just for a little getaway. and we loved it. the only downer the bed wasnt comfy but its in a great location, everything you need is very close. The price was good too

We wanted to stay longer. we will return again for sure

the view from the 26th floor was great. We didnt orger room service or anything

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Tokoroa, Waikato, New Zealand
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 18, 2012

Location was great, just a short walk to the beach and Cavil Ave. Staff was quite friendly and it was great to have breakfast included. However, the state of the rooms were pretty shocking, the furniture was old and dirty. I stayed there for 5 nights and the linen wasnt once changed and the tv didnt work for the first 3 nights. Due to location i would probably stay there again, but they are in great need of a revamp.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family