1,561 results
All reviews kids club ice skating mini mart laser tag rock climbing jungle gym family room king bunkhouse kids paradise water play kids facilities great for kids zone kids per child child minding poolside cafe pool area
Reviewed October 12, 2018

we went to paradise resort in march and it was fantastic such a great place for kids and families although we had to buy our food very night the bbq area was a great hit for our last night there close to shopping cnetres and beaches to the waterpark was awesome

• Stayed: March 2018, traveled with family
Reviewed October 11, 2018

Visited the resort in October NSW school holidays with a 6 and 5 year old.
Pros: Lovely staff, good location, great pool area
Cons: Noisy everywhere, you need to go off site if you want any quiet; kids surrounded by activities / games that you have to pay extra for so you are constantly saying ‘no’ if you don’t wish to pay more; school holidays so crowded as you would expect but feels claustrophobic as everyone is concentrated into a compact resort; food pretty average.

I have never been on a cruise ship but I am guessing if you like them then you would like the resort. Probably also good value if you utilised the kids club. Unfortunately, not ideal for our family. Just not our style of holiday - but we went with friends who were happy with it previously. We honestly spent as much time away from the resort as possible to keep our sanity so not good value for us. If you are an outdoor family, whose kids enjoy (and behave better!) doing free play and being in less high energy environments (I.e. quieter, not so crowded, less consumer focused) I would not stay here - it will do your head in.
P.s.As I write this review the people in the room next door are having a swearing, screaming match over the $5 it cost them to do laundry at this resort.... it’s 10.30pm.. maybe I just don’t like people! Get me off this cruise ship!

Room Tip: Ask for a room that faces away from the activities area , heaps quieter.
1  Thank Emma G
Reviewed October 6, 2018 via mobile

Resort in General:
The resort is fantastic if you have young children. The Z4K water park is excellent for non-stop all day fun. Each day resulted in an early night for our young 8yo son who was worn out at the end of the day, giving my husband and I free time to relax and unwind while watching a bit of tv. There are plenty of food and drink options on the menu. 4 hour child minding sessions are on offer for kid free time. An adults area which we didn’t see used the entire time we were at the resort, so my husband and I just enjoyed the adult spa completely on our own. Good location. Friendly staff.

Resort Room 1453:
Our room was located at the very front of the venue. Our room was close to the works going on for the new ‘Ruby’ hotel being built next door. On the Friday the works were quite noisy with the beeping from the machinery being quite loud up until it was turned off late afternoon, but over the weekend it was quiet. The only downside to the accommodation at this part of the resort is the noise of the rubbish trucks and delivery trucks early in the morning. Our room had very limited facilities; only 3 teaspoons, 4 plastic cups, 3 coffee mugs, tea, coffee, sugar, kettle, bar fridge. We thought there would have been some cutlery and maybe a couple of plates to cut up our own snacks and fruit that we brought with us but the rooms was very very limited. PLEASE TAKE YOUR OWN CUTLERY, PLATES, SHARP KNIFE, CUTTING BOARD, BOWL, PLATTERS. We had our esky on hand to keep other foods cold if needed. Our room had a double bed, a single bed, a table with 2 chairs, tv (no DVD player or radio).

Price:
Car Parking is expensive at $15 per day. Now you might think this is cheap but not when you fork out all the money for your accommodation and kids club if they aren’t complimentary with your booking. We thought the Resort Room we had was quite expensive for what it was.

Kids Club:
Our 8yo son attended only 1 session in the entire time we were here. He told the attendant that he was tired so they would call us but upon collecting him he said he was bored. We asked if he would like to join another kids group on another day and he just said no. He preferred the water park or spending time with us to the kids club and we were more than happy to spend all our time with him.

Food:
The food wasn’t too bad. We had brekky on our last day. Orange Juice, Pancakes, Soy Chai and a Big Breakfast. We also had a bowl of fruit which came with the tiniest amount of granola mix and seperate yoghurt. I think they could provide more yoghurt and granola considering the size of the fruit bowl. The fruit was bitter, no sweetness at all except for the 1 1/2 strawberries, 1/2 kiwi fruit and 1/2 orange, which was the only edible fruit in the huge bowl.

Overall:
We will stay here again, more than likely with other families. We are an active family so it was hard for my husband and I to sit for long hours but we did enjoy the relaxation time while watching our son play. We thought it was quite expensive for what it is but others wouldn’t think so. We preferred to eat outside the resort, we only ate at the venue on the last day so our son could play in the waterpark before checkout. We had an ok time at Paradise Resort. We wanted to get away for a long weekend before our son started back at school as a treat for him and he loved it so for us that’s all that mattered.

3  Thank Kate W
Reviewed October 5, 2018 via mobile

We loved staying at the Paradise Resort. The kids had so much fun on the water slides, and there were so many activities for them. Kids Club was great so mum and dad could enjoy a little adult time, relaxing by the pool with a few cocktails.
I would highly recommend this hotel for every family!
The only slight down side was the rooms are quite noisy, outside garbage trucks early in the morning also people banging doors at 6am. But it’s such a fantastic place this was a very minor annoyance.

1  Thank rocketqueen747
Reviewed October 4, 2018

We had a wonderful time at Paradise Resort. We stayed for 3 nights and went there for a break. We stayed at the resort the whole time to relax. Our kids aged 10 and 12, had a excellent time. We spent a large amount of time pool side. Approximately every 45 minutes an activity was held there - trivia, competitions (Jelly eating, hoola hooping, treasure hunt etc), dunk tank. The activities lasted around 20 minutes and my kids were happy to join in and swim and enjoy the water park between activities. Prizes were on offer for the competitions and my children were lucky enough to win free ice skating.

I thought the ice skating was good value as you get a 2 hour session and the maximum participants were 50. We only had about 12. There is also a juke box type device where skaters could choose the music that came up on the screen. There was also air hockey and colouring in for people who got tired of ice skating. The ice skating rink is smallish but suited our purpose. About half way through the session the attandant put some nets on the ice and ice hockey was on offer. This was really informal (which I liked) and some people just played catch with the puck and sticks and others tried to make a shot. It was good fun. I had a stack and took my time to get up and the attandant was very kind making sure I was OK.

We enjoyed laser tag as a family. This takes place in the kids club in the morning (before it opens), it cost $10 per person for a 20-25 minute session. All of the staff were very generous - when the kids asked to show us the outside part of the kids club, they were more than happy for them to do so. Little touches like that I really appreciate.

The rooms were basic but we weren't in them much. They are currently in the middle of massive renovations, so I'm sure some new rooms are on the way.

We got a kids eat free deal which was awesome. Staying with my brother in law and his kids - we saved $120 each day on the kids food. There was a lot of choice and food for adults at a range of prices $14-40.

They also have some adult only activities (wine appreciation, battle of the sexes and a cocktail quiz) in the early evening and a small adults only area with a spa and sun chairs. It was lovely to have somewhere to go and enjoy adult company while the kids were in kids club. I also enjoyed a precious 15 mins in the adult only spa on my own (Yes it was GOLD!)

We had a wonderful time and I wouldn't hesitate to recommend it to others.

Stayed: October 2018