We were booked to stay here for 4 nights in March 2014, once we arrived we were absolutely appalled by the conditions of this hotel.
We were met by the elevator in the underground carpark by bags full of rotting garbage, the elevator ride up was filth, the hallways stunk of dirty nappies and were covered in marks, the room door was covered in grubby fingerprints and it only got worse once we went inside.
Once we opened the door we were greeted by a stench of stale air and rotting wood, the door frames were covered in black marks, our 2 year old took one look at the floor and said "ewww yuck!"
After having flown into Brisbane from Thailand and driving into the Gold Coast, we knew our 2 year old would not handle moving accommodation again that night, so we went to Woolworthes and bought some disinfectant wipes and I set to cleaning the room on our return.
I am disgusted and mortified to say I actually cleaned faeces off of the toilet seat. That's right, there was POO on our toilet seat!
The coffee facilities were also absolutely disgusting, with coffee marks in the cups (which I was able to wipe out easily, so they clearly had not been washed properly) and the spoons had clearly not been washed at all.
That night we organised alternate accommodation and the following day we rang our travel agent and they cancelled our accommodation. We were informed that the resort was shocked that we were unhappy, as these rooms had "just been refurbished" -- I'd hate to imagine what these rooms were like beforehand if this is truly the case!
The kids facilities did look amazing, however the smell of chlorine was so intense it stunk out even the reception/lobby. I'd hate to imagine the damage it would have done to our sons skin, eyes and clothes.
Stay somewhere else. Go to the theme parks. Do yourself a favour and save the drama of having to find alternative accommodation after you arrive, because once you check in to this hotel you WILL want to leave.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Voted best Family Resort in Australia, Paradise Resort Gold Coast is renowned as Heaven for Kids and a Paradise for Parents! Where every accommodation package includes up to 4 hours of supervised care for every child 0-12years per day in the famous Zone 4 Kids Club, valued at $40each. The Zone 4 Kids Club is fully supervised which allows parents time to escape the daily routine and indulge in some holiday sightseeing or precious down time. There is also a giant Kids Water Park right in the centre of the resort, an indoor and outdoor playground, a permanent ice-skating rink plus a whole range of free daily activities and entertainment. And while the kids are looked after parents can rediscover the art of relaxation in the exclusive Zone 4 Adults. The outdoor spa area features a large heated spa and lounge chairs offering parents a place to unwind and soak up the sunshine 'child free'. Complete with the lagoon pool and spa, gym, bistro, cafe and bar Paradise Resort is the perfect choice for your next family holiday. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Hotels.com and Expedia so you can book your Paradise Resort Gold Coast reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Paradise Resort Gold Coast Hotel Surfers Paradise
- Paradise Resort Surfers
- Paradise Hotel Surfers
- Paradise Resort Australia
- Paradise Resort Gold Coast Surfers Paradise