“What a surprise!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Paradise Resort Gold Coast

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Paradise Resort Gold Coast
Ranked #14 of 33 Hotels in Surfers Paradise
Auckland Region, New Zealand
“What a surprise!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 3, 2013

We didn't know what to expect from this resort, so we decided to book only 3 nights here and then 3 nights at seaworld resort. We had a fantastic time at paradise resort it was so well geared up for kids our kids are 3 and 1, and you know what they say "happy kids = happy parents" so true!! We just loved that there was so much going on and enjoyed the evening entertainment as well. The place really did have a great atmosphere. We then left here and went to Seaworld resort, what a disappointment that was. Next time we go on holiday we are going straight to paradise resort, booking a room in captains quarters overlooking the pool, just fantastic. Well done paradise resort we can't wait to come back again :)

Room Tip: Pay a little extra and book captains quarters over looking the pool.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Natalie M
Alethea M, Sales Manager at Paradise Resort Gold Coast, responded to this review, December 15, 2013
Dear Natalie M

Thank you for your positive review of your stay, it is so pleasing to hear that we exceeded your expectations for your family holiday and fantastic to hear you will be coming to stay with us again.
The rooms in Captains Quarters have been receiving great reviews ,they are bright and fun rooms!

Our kids club and activities team work very hard to provide a fun and safe environment and ensure that even our littlest guests have a great time and I’m glad you found that the resort is geared towards the children having fun to give our hard working parents some time out.

We look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit.

Kind Regards

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (356)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 28, 2013 via mobile

Stayed for 5 nights we are only from Brisbane but wanted to be in a
Place that felt like we were in a cocoon away from work etc and this resort delivered from the water park and the sand play-gym and the pool bistro and shop and restaurant You don't need to leave. I have 3 year old
Twins and they had a ball the slide in the toddler area small enough for them to enjoy on their own Just with our supervision. The rooms we stayed in Dusty Digs a 1 bedroom apartment the rooms are not grand a bit old and at times smell musty but happy enough. You have to try the pizzas they are the best. A pasta menu would be a nice change for adults as everything comes with chips they are very nice chips but you feel like U don't want to look at another chip when u leave.
Overall a great holiday and would be back in a heartbeat
Thanks Paradise Resort

Stayed November 2013
1 Thank Tamroscoe
Dear Tamroscoe

It is always great to hear when our Brisbane neighbours join us for a break away, a family holiday is made even easier when you don’t have to venture too far!

I am pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay and your comments and suggestions regarding the menu will be given to our Chef. Please note for future stays, we do have vegetables or salad that can take place of the hot chips and offer some variety for you.

Thank you for your positive review and we hope to welcome you back again in the future.

Berwick, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 28, 2013

We didn't expect much from this resort but we were pleasantly surprised. During our stay we stayed in both a resort room and superior resort room. If you can afford an extra few dollars per night, choose the superior resort room because the beds are so much more comfortable, the rooms newer and a much better location within the complex. All the staff there were amazing, every single staff member was friendly and helpful and no one even takes a second look if your little darling is making a spectacle of themselves. Lastly the staff at the kids club were wonderful. I don't generally leave my kids in care and the staff took the time to chat about the facility and alleviate any anxiety that I had. Most of all, the kids loved it too (3 year old, 5 year old) so we used it four times during our stay. It certainly was a relaxing holiday for us too. HIGHLY recommend.

Room Tip: Superior rooms
1 Thank Sarah I
Alethea M, Sales Manager at Paradise Resort Gold Coast, responded to this review, November 28, 2013
Dear Sarah I

Thank you for your positive review and we are so pleased that we were a pleasant surprise.

The superior rooms are a fantastic choice and we are receiving some great feedback. It is always wonderful to hear when our team have provided great service and in particular our kids club crew who manage to make children (and parents!) feel right at home when they are out of their comfort zone. It is our aim, for parents to be able to enjoy some time out to go home feeling refreshed too, so I am very happy to hear this was the case for you.

We look forward to welcoming you back sometime soon and thank you again for your recommendation.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 25, 2013

We stayed at the paradise resort from Mid November 2013 for a week and had a fabulous time. The resort was close to the main strip near the beaches and some nights we would walk and have dinner out or breakfast with the kids. The kids who are 3 and 4 loved the water parks in the resort and the play areas. You really didn't have to leave the resort, in fact five days was too little to actually see the Gold Coast and enjoy the resort because they give you so much to do there. The highlight for the kids was dancing with the characters one morning and one of the characters always came down to the restaurant at breakfast time to visit the kids.
Our room was fantastic we had the superior junior bunkhouse and it was very modern, the bunkhouse TV had the kids channels and you could play x box or put a DVD on for the kids. We were all in the one room but the bunkhouse wall separated our room, it seems like they have their own room to be honest. I have no complaints at all, the only real thing was not to do with the resort. There was a lot of roadwork going on because they are building a tram network in the gold coast which made things difficult, but apparently that will be finished next year.
The kids club was the best, we had a free four hour session daily. We would put the kids in the 4-8pm session and they got dinner that was only $8. My husband and I would go across to the esplanade for dinner and come back, then I would take the kids in the kids spa which was so much fun.
I never normally do reviews, but I had to do one in this instance, for families with kids it is the only place to stay. We loved it so much we want to go back next year with my sisters family.

Room Tip: The superior junior bunkhouse rooms are great they are very modern and comes with a fridge and micro...
Dear Jo N

Thank you for taking the time to write your review, it is appreciated and makes us feel very proud, especially when it is not something you normally do.

We are pleased to hear you enjoyed one of our newly refurbished superior rooms and made the most of our children’s facilities to be able to enjoy some time with your husband, we know how rare that can be as a parent.
We hope your children have taken away some wonderful holiday memories and hopefully we can welcome you back for another family holiday soon.

3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 22, 2013

Basically this resort is great for kids. The kids club is fabulous. The customer service was excellent. The rooms were clean & good. Why we personally wouldn't stay there again. This resort is great for kids as it states for adults it is lacking. When I go in holidays with my family I want to be able to relax as well. Unfortunately there wasn't much down time. The adults spa is a bit yuck, we didn't even go in. The pool was constantly crowded so you couldn't relax. So basically the kids had a great time. Hubby and I are more exhausted then when we arrived. All in all this is a resort that states exactly what it is, it is paradise for kids. So if you want a holiday just for the kids it is great. If you want to recharge and relax. I suggest somewhere else.

• Stayed November 2013
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Dear Dan P

Thank you for writing your review on your stay with us.

It is pleasing to hear that your children had a great time whilst they were here, however disappointing that you were unable to achieve the level of relaxation you were hoping for. Our aim is to provide the entertainment for the children, free supervised care and endless fun opportunities allowing parents to have some time out.

We appreciate we are a very popular kids resort so the atmosphere is alive and active, which of course is not suitable for every holiday maker.

Hopefully we can welcome you back for another stay when it’s the kids next turn to choose.

Te Kuiti
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 20, 2013

If you are looking for quiet kid free holiday accommodation then this is not the place for you. It was absolutely brilliant for the six nights we stayed there. So convenient with pool, water slides, restaurant, cafe, shop, mini mart, ice rink and tourist desk all on sight. The kids had a blast and there was no need to panic about the kids wrecking anything or making a mess in the rooms because it was obviously a family resort resulting in less stress. We stayed in one of the older rooms...not flash but who needs flash when there is so much to do, kids don't particularly care anyway...it was clean and it did the job. The staff were friendly and helpful which cannot be an easy task with so many kids and parents wanting, wanting, wanting....well done I say!

Room Tip: Cleo's Court over by Dusty's Playground is quiet and away from the pool noise. We stayed her...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Dear Joanne O

Thank you for taking the time to write your review.

I am very pleased to read you enjoyed your stay with us and we agree whole heartedly if you are looking for a quiet child free holiday, we are not the place to come. However, as you have highlighted if you are after a holiday where the kids have a blast and someone to look after child entertainment for you then we are the perfect choice!

Hopefully we can welcome you back to Paradise Resort sometime soon.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 20, 2013

We stayed at Paradise Resort for a week in early November 2013 in an upgraded resort room with our two kids, 3 years and 10 months. We had a ball.

This resort is all about fun, and as many reviews have mentioned, it is all about the kids (which ultimately makes it easy and fun for parents too!). There were so many things about this place that makes it the perfect destination for families.

The mini-mart was fabulous, stocking everything from fresh fruit, to socks and nail clippers, nappies, milk and bread at very reasonable prices. We paid $3 for 2 litres of milk, which is cheaper than the paper shop up the road from my house! It was great to be able to grab some baked beans and a banana for a late night snack for our 3 year old too.

The kids club cannot be recommended highly enough – all the staff are so friendly and make the children very welcome. We have never left our children with anyone except family before, so were a bit hesitant, but found the whole experience very positive. Staff just bent over backwards to help – it was no problem to pick up the kids early, take them out for an hour for dinner, bring them in late etc. They call you if the kids are upset, which we really appreciated, as it was of utmost importance for us that our kids were having a good time too.

One night we sat at the adults area overlooking the kids club, and I thought I’d just have a quick glance down to see if my kids were enjoying themselves. One of the carers saw me, waved, and called up what my kids were doing. It was nice to be reassured that all was well. Our just-3 found the “big” club a bit overwhelming, so on the third night we booked her into the 0-2 room to be with her little sister. She loved it there. At the end of the night we needed a crowbar to pry them out of the place!

The pool area is such a great space and has a lovely festive atmosphere, with a heated pool, a kid’s spa and two waterparks and plenty of activities throughout the day like jelly-eating and mascot shows. At night, a giant screen comes out for a movie, and we had such a laugh watching the wii dance-off. Any room with a pool view is going to be noisy at night due to the water and concrete, although we didn’t find it difficult to sleep, as the sounds were of kids having fun and music from the big screen. Being a family resort has its advantages, namely the lack of large groups of twenty-somethings we saw everywhere else around Surfer’s.

The playground and also the parent-supervised play sessions were a godsend for our 10 month old, as it is difficult to find space for a crawler to move about when you’re on holiday. We often went down before breakfast to give them both a chance to burn off some energy.

After reading comments about “bogans”, I have to wonder who was writing the reviews, as I found other guests at the hotel to be so friendly and thoughtful and happy to chat. For instance, on one day where we got down to the pool a little late, and I was looking for a shady spot to sit, a guest offered me the seat of her youngest child who was in the pool. I’ve travelled to many “posh” resorts around the world where people “reserve” all the seats around the pool by putting their towels on them even though they are not in use, and I’ve never been extended such a courtesy. It was a refreshing change.

We stayed in one of the upgraded rooms, which was no-frills but comfortable. I was worried about having no bath in the room, but having done a lot of travel, those stand-in baths are often more dangerous than anything else, and a quick note to house-keeping was all it took to get a big, deep baby bath for the 10 month old. Being a sticky-beak, I glanced into a few of the unrenovated rooms, and thought that they all looked fine, too.

We ate a few times at the pool restaurant and found everything nice. The two pizzas and drink deal for $29 was good value for money. The bistro was very busy in the morning, so we walked down to the waterfront and found that there were a lot of restaurants offering cheap breakfasts near Cavill Ave (10 mins walk). Other great close-by dining options were Chiang Mai Thai under the Mantra (expensive Thai, but the setting with the carved wooden elephant chairs is great); Bazaar Buffet in QT (lovely dining concept and very welcoming of children); Sushi Train (very easy to get to, only 2 blocks south on Ferny Ave).

I only have a few suggestions, and I make these only because we hope to come back here soon. 1) I think a disabled access from the Captain’s Quarters to the pool is sorely needed. It was frustrating to have a room “right there” and yet have to go half way around the resort with the pram to get to our room. Even the access via the giant chess had such a large step that I couldn’t get the pram over it. This would really take a lot of traffic out of the corridors and in a resort with only 4 lifts, reduce the pressure on the Cleo lift.
2) In the next stage of room renovations, consider having the carpenters cut the cupboards shorter at the bottom, above the “kicker”(like normal kitchen cupboards). As the entranceway is narrow, my husband and I both opened the cupboards on our feet any number of times, not being used to a cupboard that goes to the floor.
3) On the “wish list”, a toaster in the room would be great!

We loved our stay at Paradise Resort. Thanks to all the staff for making our holiday such a great one. Next time we’d love to bring our friends with children too!

Room Tip: Although a little noisier, a pool view room is lovely for the atmosphere.
1 Thank Petrodola
Dear Petrodola

Thank you for taking the time to write such a positive and informative review. You have highlighted exactly what we aim to do and that is to provide a relaxed, fun family holiday experience. It is fantastic to hear how comfortable your children were for their first kid’s club experience and that they enjoyed it so much. Our kid’s club staff are very talented at what they do and pride themselves on ensuring each child has a wonderful holiday memory.

I appreciate your constructive feedback and our management team make many decisions based on guest feedback so please be assured your feedback will be given to the appropriate people.

Thank you again for your review and we look forward to hopefully welcoming you back to Paradise Resort for another family holiday soon.