We booked two connecting rooms for a week for our family of 5. It was recommended by a friend who told us the rooms were "a bit tired" but the facilities were fabulous. We found the accommodation to be more than tired, similar to what you would expect in a backpacker's hostel rather than a hotel or resort.
Literally the first thing I saw when I opened the door to our room, before I even put the key in the slot to activate the lights, was a cockroach running across the tea / coffee area. My husband went down to reception and we were offered another room, but in the smoking section of the hotel. I was adamant I couldn't stay in the original room so we moved to the new room. No cockroaches thankfully! The staff were at pains to point out also how prevalent bugs are in Qld due to the weather although I've never encountered any in my stays at other hotels.
The kids' club was also a big disappointment, my kids are 10, 9 and 6 and after their first session made me promise they would never have to go again as they were so bored.
The laundry room was a bonus although I found one round in the $4 per cycle dryer left things still very damp so they needed to be either hung out or put through another cycle.
The pool area was good, although the scheduled activities didn't interest my kids. The kids went ice skating on our final day which they enjoyed.
In hindsight I wish we had stayed somewhere else as the standard of the accommodation really detracted from this leg of our holiday.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Voted best Family Resort in Australia, Paradise Resort Gold Coast is renowned as Heaven for Kids and a Paradise for Parents! Where every accommodation package includes up to 4 hours of supervised care for every child 0-12years per day in the famous Zone 4 Kids Club, valued at $40each. The Zone 4 Kids Club is fully supervised which allows parents time to escape the daily routine and indulge in some holiday sightseeing or precious down time. There is also a giant Kids Water Park right in the centre of the resort, an indoor and outdoor playground, a permanent ice-skating rink plus a whole range of free daily activities and entertainment. And while the kids are looked after parents can rediscover the art of relaxation in the exclusive Zone 4 Adults. The outdoor spa area features a large heated spa and lounge chairs offering parents a place to unwind and soak up the sunshine 'child free'. Complete with the lagoon pool and spa, gym, bistro, cafe and bar Paradise Resort is the perfect choice for your next family holiday. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotwire, Ctrip TA, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and HRS so you can book your Paradise Resort Gold Coast reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Paradise Resort Gold Coast Hotel Surfers Paradise
- Paradise Resort Surfers
- Paradise Hotel Surfers
- Paradise Resort Australia
- Paradise Resort Gold Coast Surfers Paradise