The room and cleanliness was fine. Good location. However, service was extremely horrible. The staffs were rude and not helpful at all. Here are our unhappy experiences:-
1) Check In – It was great that we were allowed an early check-in at 10am. But, we had to go back down to the reception, not once but twice, to have the room keys cut again as they were not working. 3 days later, we were not able to get in to our room and had to get the keys cut again. From various reviews on the internet, it seems like this is a problem in this hotel.
2) Reception - We need advice on direction by bus to Pacific Fair, a shopping mall at Broadbeach. As there was no one at the Concierge, we thought we could just have a quick check with the reception since there was no one waiting to be served. The staff looked hard at us and rudely told us to wait for the Concierge. So, we waited for a good 15 minutes, still no one came back. And there, the reception staffs who were not serving anyone, were talking and laughing, ignoring our existence. We finally found out from the Concierge that all buses from the bus stop just outside the hotel go to the shopping mall. Why can’t the reception staff just tell us? It's only a less-than-a-minute direction advice.
3) Concierge - We need to book for a couple day tours during our stay. We seek for advice but were given a frustrated look by the staff-on-duty. No choice, we went for whatever that was available. We told the Concierge to confirm our bookings as our other tour transport arrived early than expected and we needed to go. The Concierge was not willing to let us go though he was on the phone and already taking down the confirmation details. In the end, the tour transport had to wait for us. Why are they so inflexible?
4) Check out – There was a dispute over the final bill as there were charges for the room pay-per-view movies. We were not even in the room during the hours when the videos were played. We were out on the day and night tours on those days and we had the receipts with us as evident. The reception refused to listen to us and told us that the Duty Manager was not willing to cancel them. We asked to see the Manager but the staff told that he was busy. Then, my husband overheard another staff telling her that the charges were to be taken out but instead the staff told us to stand aside so that she could serve another customer who was waiting behind us. She told us that she was not going to waste time waiting for our dispute to be resolved. What waste time?! We insisted that she completed our check-out procedure. Unwillingly, she took out the ‘ready-printed’ bill with the charges already cancelled for our signature. Surprise! Surprise! It seems that she was trying to make things difficult for us by trying to make us wait even when though the charges were already cancelled for whatever reason. So, is it a mis-billing or a problem with their billing system? It puzzled us. They did not even check our receipts.
No way are we going back to the hotel again. It's not cheap and the service provided does not fit the rating of a 4-stars hotel. Definitely we will not recommend to anyone!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Offering premium accommodation in the heart of Surfers Paradise, Mantra Legends Hotel provides the ideal location for a family holiday, short break or business trip. The hotel is just a short stroll to the beach, premium shopping outlets and fine dining restaurants and Surfers Paradise's famous nightlife scene is a mere five minute walk. The hotel boasts well appointed guest rooms and suites, featuring ocean or hinterland views. All rooms offer air conditioning, cable TV, in-house movies, wireless connectivity and most feature a private balcony and the option of upgrading to a deluxe (refurbished) room. On-site facilities cater to both business travellers and those on a relaxed getaway. We offer exceptional conferencing facilities as well as a beautiful outdoor pool area, fully equipped gym and steam room. We offer guest services including 24 hour reception, secure undercover parking (subject to availability) and concierge. Our hotel offers an on-site restaurant, Fables and our own Tales Bar. Join us for breakfast, dinner or simply an evening cocktail. We provide the ideal location for a family holiday, short break or business trip. Limited undercover parking is available for one car only per room at a cost of $19 per day payable direct to the hotel. For more car parking information please contact Mantra Legends (parking is subject to availability). Maintenance Notice: As part of ongoing improvements, Mantra Legends will undergo exterior repainting of the building from 13 March until 10 July 2017. The works will involve pressure cleaning and remedial work to the building’s exterior prior to re-painting. Work will be carried out from 8am to 4pm Monday to Friday, no works will be undertaken on the weekends. Mantra Legends Hotel management team wish to apologise in advance for any disturbance this may cause. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Agoda, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Ctrip TA, Priceline, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Mantra Legends Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mantra Legends Surfers Paradise
- Mantra Legends Hotel Gold Coast/Surfers Paradise