“Truly impressed!!” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #10 of 33 Hotels in Surfers Paradise
New Delhi, India
“Truly impressed!!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 20, 2013

Loved this hotel it is near the surfers paradise and the main market of gold coast. Plus, the facilities are very impressive.
We had all these things in our room.
A fridge
A microwave
Stove
Hair dryer
Tea bags, sugar and coffee sachets
Shampoo,conditioner, soap and body lotion
A pen and notepad
4-5 plates, spoons,forks and many knives- you can cook yourself easily
Chopping board,2 sauce pans, a big mixing bowl
Tv with a option of playing adult movies (on request and chargeble)

We could easily stay here for more than a week. It was comfortable.
The food was good. Plus for Indians there is a plus point that the chef is vegetarian. He cooks aloo,puri and rice with additional varieties.
The hotel does not offer any gym or spa. Swimming pool is big and deep enough. The hotel also has a soveigniour shop.
Had a lovely stay. Would like to go back soon!!

Room Tip: Choose a room on top floor for better view.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Mantra8, General Manager at Mantra Legends Hotel, responded to this review, October 20, 2013
Hi Travellers 30986

I am so pleased that you enjoyed your time at the Hotel - thanks for sharing this feedback with TripAdvisor.

Mantra Legends Hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (309)
  • Korean first
Warragul, Australia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 19, 2013

We stayed at the Mantra Legends hotel for 6 nights in September. The location was good for us, close walk down to Cavill ave. Our room was alright, no real complaints except when we arrived the floor hadn't been cleaned (or not very well) so there was some sus looking bits on the ground. We had breakfast included and it was good although if we had to pay for it we definitely wouldn't have bothered for the price. Pool is good but the gym is a bit sad. Service was good and most importantly the bed was comfy!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Mantra8, General Manager at Mantra Legends Hotel, responded to this review, October 1, 2013
Hi Josie E

I really appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback on Tripadvisor following your recent stay with us - I genuinely value the comments that are provided.

Can I start by extending my apologies that the floor had not been adequately vacuumed prior to your arrival - something which I have raised with my Executive Housekeeper as this is something which should be done correctly every time.

I was pleased that the service was to you liking, that our location proved convenient and that you were able to enjoy a comfortable nights sleep.

Thanks again and I hope to see you back some time soon.

Melbourne
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 19, 2013

Still as it was three years back when i last visited,Rooms clean and tiday,Staff professional,Food buffett excellent,Breakfast Great,location excellent,reasonable price,
Parking under building,$17.00 per night.Walk to everything.Currently lots of road works all thru city area so its a bit noisy at night,BUT all locations would suffer the same.Noise stops about 10.00 ish.Corner rooms seem better.Will stay again[14th Visit]

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank gazzz1
Hi gazzz1

Thanks for returning to us again and for your feedback. I am pleased that the Hotel proves so convenient for you and I look forward to seeing you back some time in the not too distant future.

3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 17, 2013

I stayed at the hotel on 13 th till 15 th Septemeber. I checked in on friday afternoon at abt 1200 pm. The receptionist couldn't track my details as they were entered incorrectly by the staff who took my booking.
Most important and concerning issue was that at 2230 hrs someone just tried to open our room with their card and they got access to it. I jumped out of bed and saw three girls entering my room. When they saw me and my family they got shocked and apologised and told me that they were told that their room number is 1410 obviously the room I was staying in. After this shick we were quite insecure about our privacy and personal items. I called reception and told them and the staff who I was talking to rather than apologising advised me to send those girls down to reception.
It was common sense that I already did advise the other patrons to go see reception. Anyways I decided to take a walk and it must have been about 15 minutes past that incident I saw thise girls tapping card on to one of the other room and the card key was working on the other room panel as well, even when it was not their room.
That moment really put me off and felt really insecure about staying at such a place where they have no measures to stop this issue. Next morning I approached the front desk again and one of the staff member listened to it and advised me that there was no problem or any issue which was reported to duty manager the night before. Anyways she told me she had asked her manager to look into it. Eventually manager came out if her office to address this issue in about 15 to 20 minute. She told me that nothing has happened and bluntly apologised for what has happened to us.

I would never ever recommend anyone nor I shall visit any of the mantras property as I believe they would have the same security measures.

1 Thank Abhinavbh
Hi Abhinavbh

Can I firstly apologise for the intrusion of someone entering your room on the evening concerned. A member of our Front Office made a human error in getting a digit wrong when encoding the key and advising of the room number to some guests that were checking into the Hotel. Upon them returning to the lobby, this was rectified and the guests were issued with a new key and sent to the correct room which is why you have noticed them entering a room just along the hallway a short time later.

I understand the Duty Manager apologised the following morning and provided an amenity as a token of our regret at the inconvenience caused by this intrusion. The Duty Manager also recorded this in their daily log however I am concerned by your feedback that the apology provided was not sincere and I have spoken with my Front Office Manager in this regard.

Thanks for sharing your feedback on-line and whilst you have chosen not to return to the hotel I do invite you to contact me if I can be of assistance.

2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 15, 2013

Went to stay there for my 18th birthday and booked the spa studio suite. Was totally different to the photos on their website everything was much smaller.

The dinning table on the website has 6 seats ours had 4.
Undercover car parking was full so had to pay $15 to park undercover 3 streets away.

When I complained and showed her the photo on the website the lady at reception said only two of the spa suites are like the one on the website and the rest are smaller.

2 Thank BrittFitzx
Hi BrtttFitzx

Thanks for choosing to stay with us recently, particularly for a special occasion such as your birthday.

We do have two different room configurations of our Suites and from your commentary I believe you have stayed in a suite which has a smaller interior than that indicated on our website, however does have the addition of a large outdoor balcony (which the suite on our website does not have). Whilst I can assure you that you have been allocated into one of our suites, please do accept my apologies that the configuration of the room is not consistent with the photo on the booking website used.

Regarding the number of dining chairs, I have checked the images on our website and there are only four chairs around the dining table, consistent with the number of chairs that were available in your room. With a large number of third party booking websites and on-line agents and no way to know the details of your particular booking I am unable to respond further regarding this, however I naturally want to assist in correcting this image/website should you wish to advise me directly on vince.king@mantra.com.au.

Thanks for sharing your feedback on Tripadvisor and I hope the above in some way addresses your concerns following your stay with us.

2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 14, 2013 via mobile

While I'm usually pretty generous with my reviews I was wholly disappointed this time the neighbours kept us awake between the hours of 2-4 am and calls to reception (while they did come and check) ment nothing because 5 mins later runnin down the halls and throwing bottle tops ... I didn't realise it was a bad back packers. Reception in the morning couldn't care less and said by the way you owe us for car parking .. Awesome result from a stay with no sleep. I suppose you pay for what you get in a strata titled building .. Interior was very dated but great mattress good quality sheets an blanket.. Dated but functional bathroom paint peeling and tired furniture won't be staying again location is great but with all the road works in surfers ATM nightmare to get to

1 Thank Globaltravellernow
Hi Globaltravellornow

Thanks for sharing your feedback on-line although I naturally regret that your stay with us was impacted by some inconsiderate others staying on the same floor and the road works that were going on in the area.

I was also concerned to read that the reaction to your feedback on checkout did not show the care and attention it deserved so please do accept my apologies for a stay that fell short of the mark. I have followed through with my Front Office Manager as more should have been done in responding to your feedback whilst you were at the Hotel where we could in some way make amends for the issues encountered.

Thanks again for taking the time to detail your experience at the Hotel and feel free to contact me directly on vince.king@mantra.com.au if I can be of service.

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 12, 2013

Mantra is beautifully located just close enough to the strip but far enough to not be bothered by the happy passers-by.
My room was spacious and clean as with all the amenities.
Thoroughly enjoyed my stayed.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Mantra8, General Manager at Mantra Legends Hotel, responded to this review, September 19, 2013
Hi Johhny F

Please accept my thanks for your feedback following your stay earlier this month - I am thrilled that you had a thoroughly enjoyable stay with us and I hope to see you back at some point in the future.