Beware booked and stayed at Mantra Legends Hotel Gold Coast 16th and 17th of August.
Was looking forward to the experience of a four star hotel as photos show an elegant neat hotel with a warm atmosphere.
Arrived was disappointed when told no free parking available as there were no spaces, but could pay for VIP parking which we did and was told to park anywhere in the car park available. Unfortunately even paying for parking and holding a VIP parking card does not guarantee parking. As we found out on saturday when car park was full, speaking to the counter staff they did offer double parking as an option not what i would deem as VIP parking.
Room was a bit of disappointment not anywhere near the 4 or 4.5 star rating. Advertised as refurbished the room has had some work but still requires more when you notice the swollen door on the bathroom mould on the bath sealant. Some parts of the room also look tired and old not like other hotels i have stayed that have advertised refurbished rooms.
No information was received from the hotel in regards to the road works, and being from out of town found it difficult to find the entry to the hotel.
When counter staff were asked how the hotel star rating was evaluated, self rated or by tourism we were told it was Body Corporate rated and not by just the rooms but also the facilities GYM, bar etc. This indicated to me previous visitors to the hotel had commented on the rooms as i did not mention the room but asked how the star rating had been evaluated.
Unfortunately we would not stay here again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Offering premium accommodation in the heart of Surfers Paradise, Mantra Legends Hotel provides the ideal location for a family holiday, short break or business trip. The hotel is just a short stroll to the beach, premium shopping outlets and fine dining restaurants and Surfers Paradise's famous nightlife scene is a mere five minute walk. The hotel boasts well appointed guest rooms and suites, featuring ocean or hinterland views. All rooms offer air conditioning, cable TV, in-house movies, wireless connectivity and most feature a private balcony and the option of upgrading to a deluxe (refurbished) room. On-site facilities cater to both business travellers and those on a relaxed getaway. We offer exceptional conferencing facilities as well as a beautiful outdoor pool area, fully equipped gym and steam room. We offer guest services including 24 hour reception, secure undercover parking (subject to availability) and concierge. Our hotel offers an on-site restaurant, Fables and our own Tales Bar. Join us for breakfast, dinner or simply an evening cocktail. We provide the ideal location for a family holiday, short break or business trip. Limited undercover parking is available for one car only per room at a cost of $19 per day payable direct to the hotel. For more car parking information please contact Mantra Legends (parking is subject to availability). Maintenance Notice: As part of ongoing improvements, Mantra Legends will undergo exterior repainting of the building from 13 March until 10 July 2017. The works will involve pressure cleaning and remedial work to the building’s exterior prior to re-painting. Work will be carried out from 8am to 4pm Monday to Friday, no works will be undertaken on the weekends. Mantra Legends Hotel management team wish to apologise in advance for any disturbance this may cause. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Orbitz, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, Evoline ltd, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Mantra Legends Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mantra Legends Surfers Paradise
- Mantra Legends Hotel Gold Coast/Surfers Paradise