“Clean comfortable good service” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Mantra Legends Hotel

You added Mantra Legends Hotel to your Saves list
Mantra Legends Hotel
4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   Cnr Surfers Paradise Blvd and Laycock St, Surfers Paradise, Gold Coast, Queensland 4217, Australia   |
Ranked #10 of 32 Hotels in Surfers Paradise
Melbourne, Australia
“Clean comfortable good service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2013

very pleasant hotel with kitchenette and smallish but functional bathroom. although like many other mid priced chains poor products - no shower gel only 1 small block of soap and three shampoos! adequately comfortable kingsize bed. fine for an overnight business stay as my stay was.

what set this place apart was the efficient, friendly check in & check out plus high quality room service.

I didnt use it, but my room overlooked the pool and it looked lovely with a lot of people using it.

handy location too.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank MishaPurdy

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (270)
  • Korean first
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2013

I stayed here on a recent trip to the gold coast, this hotel was part of a flight & hotel package I found online for a great price. I was a little sceptical at first, as the package deal from Perth was very cheap. But I was pleasantly surprised when we arrived at the hotel. First thing you see is the inviting foyer overlooking the pool with the inifinity edge, it looked lovely. The front desk staff were very friendly and informative of the questions I had about surfers paradise and the bus schedules. The hotel room was nice and we overlooked the main strip and estuary. The beds were comfy. The room come equiped with a fridge and cooking utensils, which came in handy as the IGA is just down the road. Couldnt ask for a better location, right on the main strip and across from the beach, close to the bus stops to take you to the theme parks, and across from the company we rented our car from for a day. I dont have one bad thing to say about this hotel, value for money, this is the spot!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Holly_AussieGirl
Sydney, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2013

got caught up in the cyclone as well as Tezza1965, but our experience was better than hers I think. Staff were very helpful, restaurant was good(at least for breakfast). Chinese next door was excellent!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank brooking255060
Mantra8, Front Office Manager at Mantra Legends Hotel, responded to this review, March 5, 2013
Dear Brooking255060,

Thank you for sharing your feedback, it’s fantastic that you enjoyed the Hotel experience and you found the staff to be helpful , it also pleases me that the restaurant was to your liking.

I look forward to welcoming you back to Mantra Legends Hotel in the near future.

Brisbane, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2013

Great position close to all that Surfers offers. I stayed there with my daughter for schoolies (yes, she was chaperoned, and actually confessed to enjoying my company!) and had a bit of fun and a relxing time myself. Great views, I enjoyed the restaurant, visited the Q1 building (we have passes to go up for free - so went several times) had the best hot stone massage ever in Cavill mall. The Hotel coped admirably with the crowded/full capacity they were accommodating. Our deal did not include daily room servicing - but we got it anyway. The hotel style room was more than comforatable for 4 nights for my daughter and I.My only criticism is having to pay $17 a day for parking if you take a car.
I am taking my husband back to a suite with kitchenette for 5 nights next week.

Room Tip: All rooms have a good view - but lower floors could be dodgy. Can't confirm this, but they would...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Julie P
Dear Julie P,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback, I am extremely happy that you enjoyed your stay at Mantra Legends Hotel and that you found it to be the “perfect paradise position” .

I am pleased your daughter enjoyed her holiday with you and there was minimal impact from other school leavers, Mantra Legends is not a schoolies hotel but we do get some bookings.

I hope to see you back sometime soon.

Brisbane, Australia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2013

I secured a $99 special on Wotif for a hotel room for 2 nights with 2 for 1 dinner. Knew it was cheap but hotel looked okay and for two nights on a long weekend - a good deal. Apart from the fact that we arrived in the middle of the worst weather last Sunday and the restaurant being booked out so no voucher, I was still happy, as check in was bright and breezy. Then I got to my room, the carpet was sticky and stained, mouldy curtains, disgusting bathroom with hairs in the bath, marks on the sheets and pillows in both beds and a clunker of a tv. My daughter and I cringed but as we were confined to hotel due to weather we ate at the Chinese restaurant attached to the hotel which was very nice and got an early night. The next day we had to return to Brisbane as our house was blacked out and still without power. We lined up for the concierge to ask about transport back to Brisbane as the trains were out with the weather. They offered no help at all except to say if we hadn't booked anything we wouldn't be going anywhere, or catch a taxi for $300, then suggested we walk to Greyhound in the pouring rain and wind - unbelievable. We got ourselves a bus back to Brisbane (not hard guys and for $40), glad not to stay our second night and will never return to this hotel again, Luke in the bar, you were the only saving grace of the place with good service and a smile, but a pity everyone else let you down for my ratings. I didn't find my Mantra at all.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 stars
1 Thank Tezza1965
Dear Tezza1965,

Thank you for Providing such detailed feedback, I am naturally disappointed that you encountered so many issues when staying at Mantra Legends Hotel, we have clearly fallen short in both customer service and the cleanliness of the room, this is well the below the expected standard, I have personally followed this up and spoken with the relevant staff.

I was able to locate your booking details and have made contact with you, I am glad we were able to gain more information and rectify the issues you had.

Travelers are raving about these Surfers Paradise hotels

Newcastle
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2013

I booked four nights at this Hotel, 3 months before my trip, then I read some bad reviews and was a bit concerned about what we would get. Why was I worried. It was great value for the money and my daughter was dumbstruck by the beauty of the foyer and the pool. Our room was small as expected but I was pleased to see the ocean and river views from the balcony. Carpet and other fittings very nice. Sure the bathroom wasn't perfect, the door had slight swelling at the base and the ceiling could do with a repaint but the value of the room made it fine, given the great facilities of the hotel. Pool is terrific, restaurant buffet breakfast quite good and kitchen in room most suitable. Gym could do with a rowing machine and a few extra bits and pieces but still useable and handy to the pool to keep an eye on the kids. Didn't even look at the Sauna and Spa as was too busy with other activities. A very short walk to the beach (100m) and to the mall, shops and restaurants. Don't pay too much attention to the bad reviews, although if you want 5 star luxury this is not for you, but if you want good value, great location and more than adequate accommodation, this is for you.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank High_Falutin63
Dear High_Falutin63,

Thank you for sharing such positive feedback, I’m extremely pleased to hear you enjoyed all aspects of the Hotel and found it to be perfectly suited to your family’s needs.

I will be passing on your ideas about the gym to our body corporate as its only with guest feedback we can improve our services, the location of the Hotel is fantastic and the pool area is great for the whole family.

I hope to see you back sometime soon.

Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2013

Checked in and the girl who did our check in was just going through the motions - certainly not welcoming. We had breakfast included in our booking and no mention was made at check in or information given. Our room was a studio and was ok if you dont mind mouldy curtains and a very tired decor. The cleaning staff at least were very friendly!! The breakfasts were great and perhaps the restaurant staff need to show reception staff what customer service is!!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 stars
1 Thank SBG16
Dear SBG16,

Thank you for sharing your feedback, I am naturally disappointed to hear some areas of your stay did not meet our usual high standards. I would like to apologise for the lack of information given at check-in and the housekeeping issues you experienced in your room, this is clearly not acceptable and I will be following this up with all relevant staff.

I am pleased to hear you found both the restaurant food and staff to be great, I would like to thank you once gain for sharing your feedback and hope to have you back at Mantra Legends soon.