“**WHAT AN AWESOME EXPERIENCE FOR A FIRST TIME CUSTOMER **”

Ranked #9 of 31 Hotels in Surfers Paradise
Reviewed November 15, 2012

For a first time customer using WOTIF.COM, I decided to chose your hotel out of all hotels I had been viewing during 1 day to spend my birthday weekend with my 3 daughters. I booked online at the time and a friendly lady online helped me and guided me as to how to book. So I did that, paid for it in full and Thanked your Awesome ONLINE CUSTOMER SERVICE person at the time for all her help.

I arrived to your hotel with my 3 gals on my birthday which was Friday 26th October and stayed for my Birthday weekend and left on Sunday. I cannot begin to even say how grateful I was at the service from the moment of our arrival. The helpful lady at the counter checked us in and she got the guy that helps take your luggage up to the room organised. He took all our luggage up to our room. Within 1 hour of relaxing, there was a knock at the door and I thought, wow who could that be, no one knows that me and my children are there! To my SURPRISE it was one of the Ladies Room Service that delivered my BOTTLE OF WINE in the cooler, with my box of chocolates and her saying "Hello Maam, this is just a Birthday Gift from Mantra Legends Hotel Management Staff! I just thought WOW!! What an awesome beginning to my birthday weekend!

FOR MY FIRST TIME STAYING AT ANY HOTEL EVER with my Children, I just want to say A BIG THANK YOU TO THE STAFF AND MANAGEMENT TEAM of Mantra Legends Hotel for a MEMORABLE STAY! It was the BEST BIRTHDAY WEEKEND of my ENTIRE life! I will definitely recommend this hotel TO ANY OF MY FAMILY AND FRIENDS! Look forward to another stay there in the near future! :)

HAPPY MOTHER OF 3 GALS
Heritage Park (QLD) :)

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Georgina P
Mantra8, General Manager at Mantra Legends Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 30, 2012

Hi Georgina P

Thanks for sharing your feedback on Trip Advisor and I am thrilled that you had an enjoyable time at the Hotel whilst celebrating a birthday.

I hope to see you back again some time in the not too distant future.

Mantra Legends Hotel

Write a ReviewReviews (2,609)

Reviewed November 15, 2012

My husband and I decided to have a getaway from Brisbane and thought by looking at some photos from the website, Mantra Legends looked very promising.

It came to our surprise upon our arrival (on 16 Nov 2012) to find that the room smelled like old carpet; carpet and furniture looked dirty, bathroom was mouldy, and the blanket looked like it hadn't been washed.

Called for a room service and they came an hour later ( we had to call twice)

But then we thought, "Oh well as long as we get some good sleep tonight."

Just to top it all, we both found the mattress were so hard to sleep on. Felt like we
both just slept on a wooden floor!!! And since Im pregnant, i had to sleep on my side and I had to wake up a few times in the middle of the night having my shoulder and my hip aching because the mattress didnt have proper springs!!! (ive never had pain from sleeping at other hotels before!!!!) Both of us couldnt sleep and waking up with back pain!!!

Also it is right what other people write about the noise level!! We stayed on level 7 but the whole night we could hear people screaming/fighting on the street, or even noise from cleaning the street which was so loud!!!

Also aircon didnt really work!! Waking up at 1 am in the morning feeling suffocated from lacking air...

I would not recommend this hotel to family and friends and totally wouldnt go back. We were really dissapointed..

The management really needs to think; do they want to keep running a hotel with cheap cost (cheap mattress, cheap cleaning fees which result in a below standard cleanliness) that sacrifices customer satisfaction??

• Stayed: November 2012
3  Thank Fgun76

Dear Fgun76

Thanks for sharing your feedback although please do accept my sincere apologies for the standard of room you have encountered.

Notwithstanding that everything should be OK in the first instance, I am unsure if you raised the issues you mentioned with a Duty Manager at any point of your stay as this may have allowed us to address some of the shortfalls you have outlined.

The period you stayed was over the opening weekend of Schoolies which does unfortunately see noise levels rise in this destination. Whilst Mantra Legends Hotel did not take part in being a registered Schoolies property to accommodate Schoolies guests, a large number of properties in the Surfers Paradise area did take part in this annual event. My apologies again though that you were not able to enjoy a relaxing nights sleep.

I would welcome the chance to to correspond with you directly to follow up your stay so please do fell free to email me on vince.king@mantra.com.au

Reviewed November 14, 2012

Stayed at the hotel for a night in mid October and couldn't believe we had to park in a shopping centre one block away!!! We had a Hotel Studio which had it's own kitchen facilities there were burn marks on the table. I must stay that the hotel is in need of a refubishment but as far as convenience and location goes it is right in the heart of Surfers Paradise close to shops, restaurants and the beach.

Room Tip: Maybe upgrade to a Ocean Studio Room for a view
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple

Hi Lissielou71

I appreciate your feedback and thanks for sharing this on-line.

Please accept my apologies for the lack of parking on arrival. We do have limited parking over peak periods which has led us to negotiate a discounted rate with a nearby public carpark - I appreciate that this is not as convenient as on-site parking however we have tried to minimise the cost impact of this option.

Pleasingly, I am glad that you found our great location to your liking.

Thanks again for your post and I hope to welcome you back to the Hotel at some point in the future.

Reviewed November 13, 2012

stay here for 4 days. Room is clean and tidy. However, they charge AUD4 for each bottle of drinking water in the fridge which I normally get as a complimentary in other hotels. Staff are friendly but the concierge was unwillingly guiding me how to use the public transport. His help would mean a lot to me as this is my first trip to Gold Coast. The best thing is that this hotel aloud me to check in at 10am upon arrival. My family have been traveling and transit for more than 12 hours to reach Gold Coast and a room to rest upon arrival is very much appreciated. The breakfast was very simple and plain but good enough.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family

Hi plsam

Thanks for your post and I am really pleased that you found your stay with us to represent good value for money.

I look forward to welcoming you back to the Hotel and the Gold Coast when you next visit us from Malaysia.

Reviewed November 13, 2012

I booked this room for a two night stay with my husband and 2 year old son. I got a fairly good deal and paid about $330 for a Friday and Saturday night in a basic room with two double beds. I requested an ocean view room (which I got).
The lobby looks nice and is large and clean. The restaurant was tastefully furnished and the buffet breakfast was nice.

Parking was a real issue and we were told that the hotel parking was full when we arrived. It was pouring rain and we couldn't find a car park anywhere in the street. So after a 20 minute search found a parking station nearby. It cost over $30 to park here for one night. We had to push a pram and pull two suitcases back to the hotel in the pouring rain at 8.00pm at night. Not very enjoyable.

I was very disappointed with my room. The bathroom had dirty grout (also missing in some places), the bath wasn't overly inviting. But as I had my son with me I was forced to use it. The door to the room and the bathroom was all scuffed and marked and could do with a paint.
The beds were old and saggy and the mattress coils were easily felt. The small chair in the room was stained. The tv was an old style massive thing. The mini bar seemed to only have 5 random things in it.
Of biggest concern was what looked like pubic/personal body hair in one of the beds. We couldn't use it and all three of us had to sleep in one double bed together for the 2 nights.

I am guessing that perhaps as we got a good deal on the accommodation that we got given older, unrefurbished rooms, but I feel that the hotel should really address the poor condition before allowing more guests to stay here.

I won't be returning.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family

Hi Bunny 1982

I appreciate the time you have taken to detail your experience however naturally I am regretful that several aspects of your stay were not satisfactory.

As you have alluded to, we do offer heavily discounted deals for our non-refurbished rooms however these rooms should still be presented as clean and comfortable. Please accept my apologies that you did not find this to be the case whilst staying with us. I am unsure if you made contact with anyone on the day of arrival or at any point during your stay as we would have immediately rectified any issues or sought a move to a more acceptable room.

We unfortunately do not have a carpark space for every room at the property which does on occasion see us having to advise of on-street parking on surrounding streets or parking at a nearby public carpark with which we have negotiated a heavily discounted rate. Again, please accept my apologies for the lack of convenience that our limited parking availability imposed.

Thanks again for sharing your feedback and please do not hesitate to contact me directly on vince.king@mantra.com.au should you have any query or if I can be of service.

Reviewed November 9, 2012

great seafood buffet at this restaurant. great location and rooms are reasonable. one block from cavil avenue and close to all amenities in surfers. Only downfall is very very limited car parking. You have to walk 2 blocks to park the car. Great pool and bar. helpful staff

Room Tip: very limited carpark, will have to walk two blocks to park car which can be very expensive
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple

Hi debbie1961255068

Thanks for posting your feedback on Trip Advisor and I am glad that you enjoyed your time with us.

I hope to see you back some time soon.

Reviewed November 7, 2012

My husband and two friends stayed here in September for 5 nights. We stayed in the Accor apartment suite plus we had the extra adjoining room on the top floor. The views from the rooms and in particular the balconies were delightful although the balconies were not overlarge. The apartment area contained a good range of kitchen appliances which allowed you the liberty of making your own breakfast. Each bedroom had its own ensuite and also a separate balcony which gave each couple privacy in the bedroom and bathroom area whilst able to share the kitchen and lounge area.
The staff in this hotel including the housekeeping staff were as obliging as I have ever experienced. Even when the bar or restaurant was not open there was always someone who was willing to make you a coffee. The concierge was obliging and the manager Chris a delight to speak with. We mentioned the beds were in need of new mattresses and Chris explained that because it was an Accor rented apartment the upkeep was up to them whereas the rest of the hotel is updated almost yearly by Mantra. The location was great, a short walk to the beach, bus transport, shops and restaurants. Everyone that was staying there seemed to be happy. I believe they offer very competative rates and although it is not five star it is a very pleasant place to stay.

Room Tip: Ask for a room high up if you would like a nice view of the hinterland, some corner views on the top...
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
Mantra8, General Manager at Mantra Legends Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 13, 2012

Deat TashAdelaide

I am glad that you enjoyed your time staying in one of the Accor Vacation Club rooms in the Hotel and thrilled with your feedback regarding the service offerred by our friendly staff and Chris in particular.

I hope to see you back at Mantra Legends Hotel when you are next in Surfers Paradise.