Mantra Legends Hotel
QT Gold Coast(Surfers Paradise)(Great Value!)
$136
$111
  • Pool
Surfers Paradise Marriott Resort & Spa(Surfers Paradise)(Great Value!)
$255
$139
  • Pool
Hilton Surfers Paradise(Surfers Paradise)(Great Value!)
$133
$123
  • Beachfront
Novotel Surfers Paradise(Surfers Paradise)
$105
$93
  • Beachfront
Peppers Soul(Surfers Paradise)
$306
$204
Agoda.com
Mantra Circle on Cavill(Surfers Paradise)(Great Value!)
$195
$151
  • Pool
Crowne Plaza Surfers Paradise(Surfers Paradise)(Great Value!)
$110
CrownePlaza.com
  • Restaurant
Mantra on View Hotel(Surfers Paradise)(Great Value!)
$109
$85
Travelocity
  • Restaurant
Q1 Resort and Spa(Surfers Paradise)(Great Value!)
$162
$156
  • Pool
Mantra Sun City(Surfers Paradise)(Great Value!)
$259
$115
Travelocity
2,891 results
All reviewsgreat locationspa suiteseafood buffetthe gold coastcar parkingcavill avenueshort stayshort walk to the beachwould stay againocean viewfabledbalconykitchenettesurfersconferenceconciergedishwasher
Reviewed October 5, 2011

If you have never experienced truly amazing customer service, you need to get your selves checked into the Mantra Legends Hotel in Surfers Paradise.

Everywhere is wheelchair accessible. (with the exception of the pool, however this does not mean you cant access it!!)

I have brought my special needs daughter up from Melbourne for a break away over the school holidays, This hotel came recommended by my gorgeous Travel agent consultant, Karli @ flight centre.

On arrival we were greeted by the most polite and efficient concierge, He was just great, took care of all our bags, gave me a complete run down on what will happen with my belongings as we were early for check in. he then escorted us bags in tow to reception.

Reception staff were very busy and there were a few people to check in, i never once saw any of them flustered, even with one guest that had some extreme demands.

My check in was processed, even though the would not be ready for some two hours, the staff were great, gave us lots of options, inclusive of a map and advise where we could go locally if we chose until the room was ready.
During the check in process i re-confirmed if the pool was wheelchair accessible, the answer was "unfortunately Not", however the next to come out of the receptionist mouth was , " we are more than happy to arrange assistance for you and your daughter to access the pool at anytime you wish to, that staff would be on hand to assist to lift the chair up the stairs" Well"with such excellence in problem solving, what could i say other than " THANK YOU".

Within minutes (no more than 5) a man approached me and introduced himself as Mal, the Duty Manager, and immediately apologised for the pool situation. I accepted, and advised i was happy with the receptionist solutions. Then he had idea after idea to further resolve the limitations to access.

1) call him or other Duty Manager direct when we were ready to access the pool and they would arranged for staff to assist me to manually lift the wheelchair up the stairs to the pool deck and down again when we were ready.

2) He was going to speak with engineering to have some planks or make shift ramps in place for when we wanted to use the pool, and again to call down for assistance.

3) the ultimate step further, he advised me that he had arranged as an alternative or additional to the use of the Mantra Legends pool, free unlimited access to the Q1 3 pools ( inclusive of 1 indoor heated pool) which was only in the next street.

Then our ongoing experience with the restaurant, Fables, Pearl, your awesome, your heart is made of gold and your personality to match. Pearls heart warming welcoming and attention to detail drew us back. Making additional space for the wheelchair and ensuring that we are comfortable and that our needs were taken care of, it just seemed all to easy for her , and in a demanding time of the day.

Tables, lounge, what a great relaxing place to sit , chat, drink, eat watch TV or just do nothing, the bar staff are very attentative, approachable and just make you feel welcome.

Through out our stay, Mal continually checked in on us to enquire if there was anything he or the staff could do or if we needed anything. Its an amazing experience to have extraordinary leadership in helm of management. We usually stay in 5 star accommodation, as its easier and the expectations are high, from the moment you step in the door.
However this team, Mal and the leadership group have definitely re-directed my bookings. We will be coming back to Mantra from here on,.

The building internals could do with some redecorating and upgrading, the rooms are adequate, clean and serviced every day, or as required, hallways bright and airy. The foyer is grand to cater for the large check-ins, Mantra legends is close to Cavil and Q1 sky deck. There are places all around it, making it an ideal location.

My only suggestion for immediate improvement is to have a ramp installed to access the pool, gym and spa, people with special mobility needs would ideally like to continue their independence in day to day mobility.

(when its done, we will come back to christen its opening)

Well done team , awesome job, it just shows from all our experiences here that no matter which staff or level of expertise, you all are amazing at your jobs, here's hoping you all get a good bonus at xmas....You damn well deserve it.

Converted and committed to coming back.

Joe & Brianna.

Room Tip: Corner rooms have larger balcony / patio. Level 2 room 211 is great has ocenview and larger balcony with 2 doors to access it, with an adjoining room for soecial needs and disabled equuiped bathroom in room 210.
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family
Mantra8, General Manager at Mantra Legends Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 9, 2011

Dear Joeciao, I was thrilled to receive your feedback regarding your recent stay with us so thanks for taking the time to detail your stay. We encourage and train our team to focus on guest service and to have a "can do" attitude so I am so pleased to find that you experienced such a high level of service across all areas of the Hotel.

I will certainly enjoy sharing your feedback with my team, particularly with those mentioned that made a real difference to your time with us.

Thank you again for your email and I am glad we were able to contribute to a great time whilst on the Gold Coast.

Reviewed October 3, 2011

I was on Business so coming back each night to my room was wonderful. My bed was re made everyday and bathroom towels changed. had a kitchen so was able to make my own dinner and avoid takeaway each night although there is plenty to choose from in the area. Is close to everything and very friendly staff. The noise was very minimal also.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled on business

Dear Elisa 10, I was so pleased to find that you found your room comfortable and quiet and the team so friendly - particularly when you are travelling to the Gold Coast on business. Thanks for sharing your feedback and I hope to welcome you back some time soon.

Reviewed September 30, 2011

I liked the location, two blocks from Cavill Ave (central Surfers Paradise) & a short walk from the beach. There's a bus at the door if you want to go further afield (eg. door-to-door to Main Beach, where there's Palazzo Versace, shopping and SeaWorld). My room had a lovely view over the hinterland and was comfortable.

The hotel has a pleasant pool & the reception staff were friendly and helpful. The kitchenette in the room is great, and there's a nice little balcony.

Sadly, the room was in need of some upkeep and care. The balcony door jammed but was promptly fixed by maintenance staff. The TV reception was poor & remained poor (eg ABC & Sky2 unwatchable) despite reporting it to reception twice. After my second night there, the room wasn't cleaned properly (eg. dirty kitchen benchtops and bathroom bench) and the bed wasn't made properly (the top cover was smoothed over but the bed wasn't actually made). There's no excuse for poor cleaning, and the place is just too expensive for the other problems to go unmentioned. This isn't an el cheapo hostel or motel. At this price, everything should be spick and span, well-maintained, and working properly.

Also, watch out that you don't have a steamy shower. When you check in, you must sign small print saying you'll pay around $950 if the fire alarm goes off because you have a steamy shower. This is unreasonable. A hotel shouldn't charge guests if its fire alarms malfunction (ie. by detecting steam from a shower rather than smoke).

I did like this hotel, but it could be a lot better with just a little extra effort. I'd rate it higher if not for the maintenance and cleaning concerns (or if it were cheaper, reflecting those problems).

Room Tip: The views over the hinterland may even be prettier than those over the ocean.
  • Stayed: December 2010, traveled solo
1  Thank Atheoretical
Reviewed September 30, 2011

Well, location was excellent, rooms were pretty good with kitchenette facility. Near to beach and all the shops and restaurants. Infinity, Ripley's Believe it or Not are all in the vicinity. Infact the bus stand is just outside the hotel. So, all in all, the stay was very good in this hotel and will recomment for couples.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled as a couple

Dear Jinesh_Jain, I appreciate the time you have taken to share your feedback following your stay. The hotel does enjoy an excellent location and it's great that you found your time with us to be so convenient and enjoyable. Thanks again for your post.

Reviewed September 28, 2011

It was our first trip down Goldcoast and the ever first thing to do is to check into the hotel. we were greeted with a smile and the smile goes on when the concierge took our bags and yet show us to our room.i cant believe it , a hotel with a kitchen? that's interesting! Tis hotel is my recommended sort of accomodation!

Room Tip: choose a room facing the ocean, romantic, room facing the side road,too noisy
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank johanvirda

Dear Johanvirda, thanks for posting your feedback and I am really pleased that you were warmly welcomed with a smile from our Reception and Concierge teams. The Studio rooms we have are equiped with a kitchenette which many of our guests appreciate and you obviously found them to your liking also. Thanks again and I hope to see you back some time soon.