“Couldn't fault”
Review of QT Gold Coast

QT Gold Coast
Ranked #5 of 31 Hotels in Surfers Paradise
Reviewed February 3, 2014 via mobile

We stayed for nye. I booked this hotel well before nye as I was overly excited from the reviews and the look of the hotel. Qt is phenomenal.
Upon arrival we parked on the street. We walked up and a staff member was sweeping the driveway, he greeted us and offered help. I thought this was a nice touch.
We dropped our bags at concierge as we were early. Without hesitation the boys grabbed them and assured they would be in our rooms. Front desk promised to call when the room was ready.
I fell in love with the swim up bar and the spa. I loved the nespresso in our room. Loved the room service. Spick and span.
Nye we ate in Bazaar. Best buffet I had. So much to choose from. Loved the Moet glass :)
The staff are wonderful. Trying to go above and beyond. Especially when we requested milk for our own cereal. Always happy to help.
One upset was Qtspa canceling due to lack of clients. I understand when business demands. But Qt staff left a surprise goodie bag from Qtspa to compensate for the cancelation. That was fantastic and rectified it for me.
Although I was deathly sick for our vacation, I always looked forward to going back to the very very comfy king bed.
Qt was unforgettable. You guys are brilliant.

Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
There are newer reviews for QT Gold Coast

Reviewed February 2, 2014

Recently spent two nights at the QT (24/25 Jan 2014) and was very impressed with the whole place. The décor of the hotel flowed on to the rooms where thought had been given to the small things. Umbrellas provided for wet weather and thongs in brightly coloured bags. Even the hair dryer had its own brightly coloured bag. A very pleasant change from the norm.

We ordered room service and were advised that due to heavy usage of the restaurant there maybe a delay. However this was not the case which goes some way to displaying a commitment to service. Well done.

Our package include breakfast and if there is one issue with this place that is having to wait for a table to become free. It was full on, however small bottles of juice as opposed to jugs were great.
While there is other accommodation available on the Gold Coast, close proximity to beaches, transport and the glitter strip would have to be a plus. With the commissioning of the light rail not far off, the QT will be ideally situated to take advantage of this transport option.

Room Tip: Higher the room the better.
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
sasrowlandsQT, Director of Social Media at QT Gold Coast, responded to this reviewResponded August 16, 2014

Dear gorgeous QT Gold Coast guest,

Thanks so much for a brilliant shout out! We love that you loved us and look forward to seeing you again soonest.

Sas
QT

Reviewed February 2, 2014

Sooo you guys are gonna think i'm crazy giving QT 5 stars midway through this review but hear me out...
My wife and I have 5 kids.. we managed to offload them all to inlaws so we could go to a 40th birthday party on the Gold Coast. I work big hours and travel a lot so needless to say we don't get much kid free time together. This was an opportunity to make a night of it at party and double up as some together special time..as you do. I looked at all the obvious selections around broadbeach and hinterland but was getting quite sick of looking for 1 night minimum stays that weren't charging $400 for somewhere that we would basically be spending a late night and partial morning in.. everything was 10am checkout etc.
At a recent function i was offered a room at QT but decided against it, preferring to catch up with my mom instead. As part of the process i joined the QT rewards club which offers great discounts on rooms (available to join in 5 seconds on the QT site). I really didn't want to drive all the way into surfers after the party and really didnt just want a basic room. However, i really did want to try QT so after much frustrating research dead ends i gave in and booked a King Ocean room at QT very late on the same day of our arrival (saturday 1st Feb 2014)... was a value based decision, i mean $206 is a great price for just the 1 night especially considering i have no qualms in spending big $$ if it was a weekend away etc.
Lets start with the "not so good' stuff
We received a complimentary "make your own lemonade" pack upon arrival which was sent to our room immediately. Problem was i thought the mineral water bottle was a screw top, partly due to absence of bottle opener on tray (i did later find out there was a bottle opener for $10 in my room).. My finger soon found out that i was mistaken. Whats the second thing you do after making your own lemonade on a night away? You got it...lay down on the bed and sigh.. oblivious to the fact that my finger was bleeding.. consequently all over the beautiful duvee!! Kinda embarrassing i gotta say and i guess not without partial fault attributed to both host and guest!!
After the party (midnightish) we were pretty keen to grab some late night snacks and watch a movie. The choice as one would expect were limited at this time of night but we went for a couple of pizzas (margherita and capone) and Thor Dark World. My wife was relatively unhappy with her pizza (margherita right.. i can ignore that) but my meaty pizza lacked a lot in toppings and was delivered pretty much cold (halfway between a $5 dominos and a pizza capers). Bit of a bummer but hey at 1am my standards drop a lot and im easy enough to please.
Second negative was the next morning we slept in and missed the breakfast room service run..we then had to wait 30 odd minutes for the lunch menu which hey..our fault right.. i would choose a kidless sleep-in over bacon and eggs 100% of the time.
I ordered a hot dog and my wife ordered a corn and scampy soup. You got it.. my hot dog was cold and took about an hour to get to me... which we all know is a big no-no. Further to this im actually in some minor "discomfort" (sorry no details lol) due to the said eating of cold hot dog which again is my fault for not bringing it to hotels attention and ordering another.. but i was starving by now and check out was looming so a man has to do what a man has to do.
Thirdly we had no milk for coffee, which was ok as i brought my own as i always do with a small jar of moccona coffee... (if anyone knows a hotel that supplies abundance of milk and coffee let me know!!) Anyway i found that kinda strange... also QT please change policy and be the hotel that DOESNT charge for pod coffee.. fair enough charge for additional pods but not the ones that are there.. its just a bit lacking in sophistication and in my opinion just isnt worth the image crack.
So, you are thinking right about now "WOW.. how on earth do you give this 5 stars, obviously some guy who is easily pleased and lacking in experience of hotels".. nothing could be further from the truth.. i have stayed in the best around the country (and some horrors of course) and stayed at hundreds of various types of establishments in my time through work and through play. Read on....
The good stuff... when we arrived i was met by a cute girl (cute as in dressed cutely i.e colorful and well just different?) who kindly pointed us to drive straight to the carpark before we checkin and to go straight to B2 as B1 was already full... excellent just saved me 10 mins of driving around through B1.. thank you!!
We arrived at checkin and because we were QT members we were offered a late checkout of 1pm!!! And i mean offered out of the blue, no prompting..nothing. 1pm!! this has never happened to me ever before which in itself is amazing.. you can imagine my wife and I on a kidless single night away being offered the opportunity to well just sleep in and be lazy without stressing about checking out. Awesome awesome awesome... to all those places that ive spent up to $1k a night to stay.. pay attention!!!
The lemonade, when i eventually got lid off mineral water, was perfect and really yummy!! Perfect little touch. The room itself was more than adequate, very clean and surpassed my expectation. Dont get me wrong, it was simple but it had character and although the balcony was just a slip of a thing, it was adequate and the views (21st floor) were most excellent.
The bathroom was again functional but pleasant and overall the room was pleasing to the eye without being grandiose. The bed was incredible (apart from my blood spots of course).. extremely comfortable and with a fantastic full length pillow that was just made for sitting up and watching a movie. I never ever sleep in past 6am regardless of what i get up to the night before, but i didn't open my eyes until 8.30!!! Air conditioner worked a treat, very quiet and unobtrusive and easy to control temp.
Not that i base our trips away on a Television mind you, but on this occasion we watched a movie and it was a very satisfying experience. Television was large, modern and sounded great.
Upon checkout i was offered cash in hand refund of our security bond (only $100) which believe it or not was another first for me. More importantly i was asked the question, "was everything about your stay satisfactory?". I then advised i was a bit disappointed (more disappointed now lol) with cold food and received free parking and the confirmation that he would bring it up at his next meeting. I could have then made a big deal about this but i was so relaxed from sleeping in i decided to refrain from being righteous on this occasion.
So look, 5 star, maybe not my room (the ocean king suite may be?) but who gets grand 5 star at $200 a night. The ambience and overall comfort, feel and vibe of the place is where QT gets its 5 stars and im not arguing with that. If you want over the top grandiose and foot licking, maybe spend the extra $600 and give QT a miss.
Its a highly functional, pleasant, ambient, friendly and fantastic place to stay. Regardless of my food issues, which to be honest i rarely, if ever, book room service (defo breakfast) but on this occasion we were option limited so we had a go, i am still giving QT 5 stars as i remain confident that they will address the issues presented above and overall offered me a fantastic value packed stay.
I do think they should dumb down their in room dining options, as whats on offer does not match the vivid description (although my wifes soup was apparently excellent). Sometimes you can get too complex in your food choices and essentially you need to deliver upon these. In general the kind of people who do book in room dining would be happy with a fettucine carbonara or a chicken parmigiana etc..Simple, tasty and easy to prep.. and deliver it nice and hot!!!
Stay here and you will not be disappointed at the value on offer, the friendly ambience and the genuine comfort and ease of your stay.

Room Tip: I suggest asking management if they have made any improvements/changes to their in room dining menu...
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Billy H
Reviewed January 28, 2014

Stayed for a night in January and we got room 315 (Ocean view king suite) which is on the first floor that rooms start and is right next to the exhaust pipes from the kitchen so it's really loud and you would not want to sit on the balcony, we just kept the balcony doors closed.

The glasses and window were a bit grubby as well. I asked at reception to be moved but the hotel was full so they couldn't move us anywhere. They gave us half the price of the room off which I really appreciated. They offered to send staff up to clean it but we were really tired and just wanted to go to bed so left it as is.

The hotel staff are great and the hotel itself has a great vibe to it. I would stay here again but only if I could be guaranteed of a higher room. I had a great night's sleep and the breakfast is amazing.

Room Tip: Make sure you do not get 315 (Ocean view king suite) as the kitchen exhaust pipes are right outside...
1  Thank Susannah83
sasrowlandsQT, Director of Social Media at QT Gold Coast, responded to this reviewResponded August 13, 2014

Dear past QT Gold Coast guest,

We appreciate your feedback and will take time to run through it with our team.

With warmest regards,

Sas
QT

Reviewed January 26, 2014

Recently had an wedding anniversary stay at QT, which included dinner at Bazaar. My wife and I were very pleased with all aspects of our stay. The most memorable part was a knock on our door shortly after arrival, to be surprised by a chilled bottle of champagne and two glasses. Highly recommend Bazaar for dinner as well. Overall a very memorable stay. Will be back.

Room Tip: Choose a sea view king suite :)
Reviewed January 24, 2014

A lovely hotel with funky furniture, fixtures and even staff uniform! A little on the expensive side to eat and drink but plenty of options nearby. Close to transport and the beach. There is a plethora of accommodation in Surfers Paradise so there is plenty to choose from. The QT is nice but nothing out of the ordinary.

Room Tip: There is an amusement park near by and squeals of delight can be heard into the night not sure if yo...
Reviewed January 22, 2014

My husband and I recently stayed here for four nights over a weekend, this was preceding my work conference. We managed to get ourselves a suite (thanks to reservation lady Natalie), this was excellent value, she even gave us a free dinner and a bar tab for their Stingray bar.
The hotel has a new Retro look, the staff are mostly young, they were outstanding, the best service I have seen in a hotel for a long time. Great concept hotel, would thoroughly recommend staying, I then stayed here for another four nights over my conference.......I didn't want to go home afterwards. Looking forward to my next visit.

Room Tip: Ask for a high floor
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family