QT Gold Coast
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Sun City Resort Hotel(Surfers Paradise)
  • Restaurant
Mantra Sun City(Surfers Paradise)
Very Good 4/5
  • Pool
Paradise Resort Gold Coast(Surfers Paradise)
  • Restaurant
Alpha Sovereign Hotel(Surfers Paradise)
  • Restaurant
Surfers City Motel(Surfers Paradise)
  • Pool
Mantra on View Hotel(Surfers Paradise)
Very Good 4/5
Rhapsody Resort(Surfers Paradise)
Centrepoint Resort(Surfers Paradise)
2,926 results
All reviewsstingray barbazaar restaurantfunky hotelswim up barhomemade lemonadestaff uniformsfun hotelking suitenespresso machinemini barroom servicelittle touchesbreakfast and dinnergold coastocean viewlate checkcavill ave
FilterAll languages
Reviewed November 3, 2013 via mobile

We stayed for one night on Friday night.

The awful customer service began from check in - because I had booked in my husbands name they would not let me check in. I understand the need for rules but in this situation I was obviously pregnant and the guy at reception was rude and made me walk outside to go and get my husband. There was a huge queue for check in and I'd already had a long wait. After the long drive to get there it was all just very disappointing.

The room was nice, comfortable beds and nice view. No table or chairs on balcony. No bath and there was a lot of visible mould above the shower (no fan in the bathroom).

Parking is $8 a day.

We tried Fixx Cafe and it really needs it's own review - the service we received there was terrible. I thought I was overcharged and questioned the cost of 2 pieces of toast, I was told $4.50 a slice (for take away). I asked for a receipt, was looked at blankly and told the machine was broken. I asked another server as the first was so rude and was told the same thing. Another person then came along and said yes it's $9 for 2 pieces of toast, I said fair enough - I'd already paid by this stage. They then finally checked and she'd charged me for 4 pieces so eventually got $4.50 back, no apology. I just can't believe how rude the staff were! And slow, it took 20 minutes to get two toasties heated up and some toast! With only 1 other customer! The coffees were good and were made quickly. Seriously though, if you stay here avoid meals at the hotel!

Overall really disappointed with the QT, I will not be back.

Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Kylie E
sasrowlandsQT, Director of Social Media at QT Gold Coast, responded to this reviewResponded August 13, 2014

Dear past QT Gold Coast guest,

We appreciate your feedback and will take time to run through it with our team.

With warmest regards,

Sas
QT

Reviewed November 3, 2013

Love this hotel, its so funky and the beds are so comfortable, and the towels are huge and fluffy. The breakfast spread is excellent but we were a little disappointed with the room service breakfast. Can't complain about the service, everyone was great and went out of their way to help us. We spent a few hours in Stingray their nightclub, which was fun but very loud!
Room was quiet and very clean. Location is excellent.
The only improvement suggestions I could make are 1) get softer tissues and 2) put a few teacups in the room for us tea drinkers so we don't have to drink tea out of thick rimmed tiny coffee cups.
Would definitely stay again and recommend to others.

1  Thank BCTSRacing
Reviewed October 31, 2013

My husband and I stayed at the QT for four nights checking in on the Sunday race day for Indy. We were able to check in early and park the car in their secure parking then walk the short distance to the race. QT parking is $8 per night but well worth it. We also walked the short distance to Cavil Ave, beach etc to avoid parking difficulties and meter costs. I booked two 2 night packages through lastminute.com that included daily buffet breakfast, two buffet dinners and $100 to spend at the Stingray bar. The mountain view room was slightly cheaper and view of an evening of all the lights was beautiful. The Bazaar restaurant provides an amazing market style buffet and is quite unique. The food is excellent. We used our Stingray bar voucher for lunch and drinks. The king size bed was superbly comfortable. This hotel goes above and beyond expectations.

1  Thank Melinda H
sasrowlandsQT, Director of Social Media at QT Gold Coast, responded to this reviewResponded August 16, 2014

Dear gorgeous QT Gold Coast guest,

Thanks so much for a brilliant shout out! We love that you loved us and look forward to seeing you again soonest.

Sas
QT

Reviewed October 30, 2013

we always stay at QT when on GC, position is great. Was upgraded due to overbookings which was enjoyed. Breakfast buffet always a pleasure. For v8s ask for a balcony, you can see over the Coates corner.

Room Tip: The King suites ocean views are a treat.
1  Thank Michelle B
Reviewed October 29, 2013

My husband and I stayed at the QT for 6 nights, we had 2 x 3 day Priority Guest package which included breakfast every morning, 2 x dinners for two at Bazaar & 2 x $50 vouchers for Stingray. We thoroughly enjoyed our stay at the QT, from the décor to the friendly staff at reception/concierge.

We stayed on the 21st floor - river view which worked perfect for us. The selection for breakfast each morning was absolutely fantastic, not sure we did it justice!

Location is great with a short walk to the beach and to the shops etc.

We stayed at another well known hotel for 5 nights and I would have rather stayed at the QT!

One small downside, we thought the bathroom could have been slightly bigger with the door not opening towards the toilet, ie leaving slightly more space. My husband thought his side of the bed didn't have much support, however me being the pregnant one thought it was fine.

We would definitely recommend to stay here - love it. The next holiday will be with a little one!

1  Thank JBKNZ