QT Gold Coast
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Sun City Resort Hotel(Surfers Paradise)
  • Restaurant
Mantra Sun City(Surfers Paradise)
Very Good 4/5
  • Pool
Paradise Resort Gold Coast(Surfers Paradise)
  • Restaurant
Alpha Sovereign Hotel(Surfers Paradise)
  • Restaurant
Surfers City Motel(Surfers Paradise)
  • Pool
Mantra on View Hotel(Surfers Paradise)
Very Good 4/5
Rhapsody Resort(Surfers Paradise)
Centrepoint Resort(Surfers Paradise)
2,926 results
All reviewsstingray barbazaar restaurantfunky hotelswim up barhomemade lemonadestaff uniformsfun hotelking suitenespresso machinemini barroom servicelittle touchesbreakfast and dinnergold coastocean viewlate checkcavill ave
FilterAll languages
Reviewed August 15, 2013

Our family of 3 stayed at this hotel in August and had a fabulous time. We got the 3 night package which included daily buffet breakfast and 1 buffet dinner.
I give QT 5 stars for service!The service was excellent from the moment we stepped in. Check in time was 2PM and we arrived at 10AM. Although our room wasn't ready at the time, they made sure the next available room was ours. They called an hour later to let us know our room was ready. Staff was always helpful and went out of their way to make you comfortable. The complimentary ice tea and lemonade at the lobby was a nice touch and especially refreshing after a long hot day on the beach.
5 stars for location! Everything was within walking distance, the beach 2 minutes away and the main shopping strip at surfers paradise was a 10 minute stroll from the hotel. It's far enough away to be quiet. Pity about the roadworks nearby.
And definitely for 5 stars for Bazaar's breakfast and dinner buffet! The dinner buffet won't be the largest spread you will come across but whatever they served was absolutely delicious and of good quality. If you like seafood, they had everything from fresh prawns, oysters, mussels to crabs. You could even order sirloin steaks cooked the way you like it. My 7 year old daughter loved the "cold-rock" style ice cream stall and the macaroons for desert.

Room Tip: Sign up to be a priority member for discounts on accommodation, food and drinks. It's free to sign up!
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed August 15, 2013

I just loved this place! Really cool and groovy retro fit out, awesome bar, pool area and excellent restaurant. While I didn't stay here, I checked out the rooms and conference facilities and just loved it!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed August 14, 2013

They say you shouldn't judge a book by its cover. Well I admit I did when I arrived at QT and saw the kitschy staff uniforms and surfing/beach props around the lobby. I expected to be staying in a hotel geared for 20-somethings who think that a hotel should be like the Big Brother experience. OK, yes, I'm ageist as well.

The first couple of times using the lifts tended to give me a bit of a shock as the lift's back wall is a mirror, with each lift featuring a life-size photo of people (i'll say no more about the poses), so it's a bit disconcerting at first. But after a while they grew on me and were a great talking point amongst the group I was with.

I was pleasantly surprised to find that my room was very comfortable (yet still trendy) with a soft bed. There was even a blanket in the wardrobe to replace the doona/quilt - which I really like to do as I find hotel rooms are generally too warm for the former. An eclectic selection of minibar items (GingaNinjas and an intimacy pack!) and funky design touches like round mirrors on the walls helped complete the modern vibe.

The only negatives about my room were that it overlooked the restaurant roof and the noise from the exhaust fans was somewhat annoying, and the air conditioning struggled to make any impact on the room temperature, even though the weather wasn't that warm at this time of year.

The restaurant was another pleasant surprise with an excellent selection of high-quality food on offer. It turns out that it's earned a hat in the Good Food Guide.

Staff members were all very good to deal with and seemed happy to help.

Room Tip: Rooms face either the ocean or inland. Those on the ocean side towards the southern end on lower floors might be affected by exhaust fan noise from the restaurant.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed August 14, 2013

Often I admit the Gold coast can be a little trashy (sorry gold coast), but the QT is something altogether different. From the trendy looking staff to the amazing buffets I really liked the place. The rooms are fine. and not really the highlight. but for a hotel the food is brilliant. I had the dinner and breakfast buffets, and both are fantastic. the Buffets are interesting and different. Not anywhere near your usual buffet and the hotel is actually worth going to just to experience the food.

Also the bar is hopping on both a friday and saturday night.

I'm a fan and recommend it.

Room Tip: the ones facing the beach obviously are better
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 13, 2013

I booked a three day package deal which gave us one dinner and breakfast daily and a $50 voucher to the bar. The staff on arrival were very friendly and throughout our stay the staff were great! Going up to our room we could smell the old hotel smell but that didn't worry us. The room was nice an odd arrangement of different things but I liked it. There was paint peeling off the walls everywhere which looks a bit tacky! The worst part about this hotel is the BED and pillows. The bed felt like we were sleeping on an old trampoline sunk in the middle no support no comfort and pillows old and potato like. Now a hotels main reason to accommodate is the bed for sleep and we got NO quality of sleep. They really need to update bedding this is a major let down of what could be the best hotel in goldy. THE only reason I give it a very good rating is the restaurant. The breakfast selection is truly amazing anything and everything you could ask for and the dinner was the same amazing experience the selection the set up and staff is a well oiled machine. The dumplings were better than we have had in top hotels in Singapore! An experience everyone should do whilst in gold coast! When we were due to check out we got charged for everything, so my husband had to step by step say what was included in our package which was odd we had to do that, I guess lucky we checked the bill! The package was a great idea because of our travel reasons it meant dinner for two nights one in restaurant and in bar and breakfast was sorted which was ideal! There were a few conferences however there seemed enough room for everyone in restaurant however do book a table! There are roadworks happening which is no fault of hotel it was hard to find a way in at first and they started noise early in the morning! Apart from the bedding being terrible this hotel has got some quirky little things going on and a food experience we won't forget!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple