“Where was the Coffee?”

Ranked #4 of 32 Hotels in Surfers Paradise
Brisbane
“Where was the Coffee?”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 22, 2013

Stayed here for a week with a large golfing group. Very obliging staff, nice rooms, GREAT beds and as good a breakfast as I have had anywhere in the world. Australia must be the last country on the planet that charges for Wi Fi, sadly, QT is no exception. This is also the only hotel in the world I have stayed at that does not provide complimentary coffe in the kitchenette. All to try and sell you a pod at $1.50 a pop. They also blotted their copybook by trying to sell warm beer at a private function. If not for these 3 issues I would have rated the place 5 stars instead of 4.

Room Tip: Lifts are noisy, ask for a room away from the lifts.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank MarkandChrissy

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (750)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
Gunnedah, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 21, 2013

I went here for a work related conference and it was a lot of fun. The whole feel of the motel, from the moment we drove into the driveway was pretty fantastic. I stayed here for 5 days, and I think the only gripe I really had was the initial check in where the girl that checked me in was a bit narky. After that all the other staff I met were awesome, happy and friendly - the bar/cafe/restaurant all served amazingly great looking and tasting food and the spa was freaking amazing, as were the lovely ladies there. I really enjoyed my time here and loved all the little quirks that made it a different and fun place to 'work' for a few days.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Suse N
Brisbane
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 20, 2013

Stayed at the QT last night with my husband and infant in room 502. Was greeted at the front entrance by the funky porters wearing board shorts and beachy t-shirt. I arrived by myself with my baby so it was a welcome relief when they took the luggage.

Parked the car in the hotel car park ($8 per day) and took the lift from the car park into the hotel lobby. Walking into the lobby I was blown away with just how funky it was! Very retro. Big bold colours, a soda stand, funky furniture and beautiful wood flooring.

Check in was a breeze. The young staff member was so very friendly and helpful. He explained to me what my Priority Club membership entitled us to which was appreciated as I'd completely forgotten. He asked how my day was and saw that I had a wrist band on from the Supanova Expo and he asked how it was. We had a little chat and he then wished us a pleasant stay.

The Room was just as funky as the lobby. With a beautiful, soft and UBER comfy king size bed, large cane sitting/reading chair with cushion, huge shower (though I'm not a fan of the "open" shower where it has just a piece of glass and not a door as water tends to go all over the bathroom floor). The tiling in the shower was bold black and white tiles. Floor tiles were non-stick which were great considering the wet floor from the shower.

Dotted throughout the room were quirky additions like; a cockatoo night light, retro metal cups, cocktail stirrers, funky mini bar with games like pick up sticks, deck of cards. Hanging in a material bag were pairs of thongs (flip flops) (to purchase of course), note pad was cool too - black paper with a white pencil!

We ordered room service as our little one was sound asleep. The food arrived pretty quickly too. Absolutely amazing food. Hubby ordered a rib eye on the bone which came with woodfired green beans, cob of corn and shoestring fries. I had ribs which was nice (tiny bit dry though and not served with it's own sauce - was tomato sauce). And the spicy wings too. They were good and hot!!

Next morning we went down for breakfast buffet. WOW. Huge selection of "homemade" goodies. Presentation of the food and the kitchen was lovely too. Real scrambled eggs, homemade rosti, sausages, relish & sauces & condiments, bottles of juices, milks, smoothies. Mmmmmm yummy!

Check out was just as smooth as checkin and the staff were once again delightful and friendly.

Cannot wait to go back to your hotel for the weekend!!!

Room Tip: Ask for a high floor as it was a little noisy on the 5th floor.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank kathnjuan
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 20, 2013

My partner and I have travelled quite a bit and stayed a number of hotels along the way and I honestly would go as far to say that for the price, this is the best hotel we've stayed in. I can't say enough good things about it; the staff are uber friendly and attentive, even just walking through the hotel they say hello, and absolutely nothing is a problem. We chose the package in the junior suite that included breakfast, dinner on one night and a $50 bar tab and I'm so glad we did, as we got to experience everything. The breakfast and dinner are in the same format where it is much like a market/buffet; the food is of such a high standard. I have food allergies, which is normally a nightmare eating out, but you get to speak to the chefs that cook your food and they can tell you exactly how it was cooked. The beds are really comfortable, the shower pressure is perfect, we had a HUGE bath in our room and the location is superb.

Room Tip: I'd ask for a room away from the lifts and the busy bar if you are a light sleeper. Join the loy...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank samlec
Brisbane, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 19, 2013 via mobile

Second time here and I must admit it was a much pleasant experience. Reception staff could have been a bit more friendlier. However room was great, bed was comfy. Hotel had a great quirky vibe. Very cool. Great location and bars were very cool

Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank SimonQLD
Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 19, 2013

Amazing is the only word to describe this place.
Service was great, and the beds were even better!
The only downfall was the pool! Was a little bit chilly - but the swim up bar made up for it
Cute little things like homemade lemonade in the rooms... a lot of little touches that make this place great.
The pubby restaurant downstairs is also really nice and has cheap delicious pizzas on Sundays!
Would recommend it to anyone

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Alex_KOL
Jaipur
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 16, 2013

Final hotel for my Honeymoon - choice was between an expensive Hilton or a classy styled QT ! Chose the styled QT andddd my wifeeeee lovedddddddddddd itt!! service , interiors , location , the whole package and the brand in it self. To top that the manager Chris, gave us freebies and we ended our honeymoon with what we rate the best hotel for young couples in Australia.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple