“WOW!!!”

Ranked #4 of 31 Hotels in Surfers Paradise
Brisbane, Australia
“WOW!!!”
Reviewed March 3, 2013

If I had to sum my stay up in one word it would be WOW!!! From the moment I walked into the hotel I was greeted with happy staff who were more than happy to assist me with directions and my luggage. The view and the Room are both amazing. The food? I have never tasted such delightful food in my life and the range was amazing. I will be making my stay with QT a regular event. Thank you to all the wonderful staff for making my family weekend escape a weekend to remember!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Cliffy A
sasrowlandsQT, Director of Social Media at QT Gold Coast, responded to this review, March 15, 2013
Hi Cliffy A,

Another awesome shout out from our neighbours in Brisvegas. Thanks so much for supporting the hotel.

Yay to our staff! They are doing such an fantastic job. With so many wonderful views on here that are relating to the team members we can be nothing but absolutely delighted in them.

I bet they are really looking forward to having you back. You sound like great fun.

QT

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (775)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Brough, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 3, 2013

This hotel is fabulous! All the staff are very polite, check in is quick and easy and I really love the lemonade. The hotel is beautiful and very modern, with large rooms, comfy beds and beautiful views from the balcony. My partner is in a wheelchair and they were really accommodating, they brought us a shower chair to the room straight away and for a non accessible room it was pretty accessible (they all have a roll in shower!) This also has to be the best breakfast we have had anywhere, loads of choice, all fresh and interesting and great for vegetarians. I love that they have a different juice and smoothie every day. The only negative thing I could say about the whole place was that we did go for dinner at Bazaar but left fairly rapidly as the veggie choices are limited to pizza and salad so not worth $70 per person but the staff were super about it and the room service food we had instead was really good and there's no tray charge. I am sure Bazaar is great for dinner if you do eat meat and seafood, it just wasn't for us. If we go back we wouldn't even think about staying anywhere else, it was perfect.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Hey CarrieBeth 1986,

You guys look like fun, fun, fun! I am so glad we were able to provide you with the services you needed to make your stay comfy. We always try to make sure everyone has everything they need.

Bazaar does have a fantastic amount of vegetarian options. Loads and loads of salads and the smoothies are amazing ;)

We hope you come and visit us again next time you are in Australia. Hope you have a reallt safe trip back to the UK.

Brisbane
Reviewed March 2, 2013 via mobile

Everything in this place exudes such a groovy aura! Starting in the lobby with the self serve lemonade to the funky furniture and cool uniforms of the reception staff. Our room was crisp and clean with a really different minibar experience. The decor of the room was in sync with the rest of the hotel and gorgeous bathroom products complemented the style. Staff were courteous and helpful and room service was prompt... Be sure to try their onion ring/chips...yum! Overall a very comfortable stay and great value for your $$.

• Stayed January 2013
Hi Sabrina R,

OMG the onion rings in Stingray! I had completely forgotten about them. They are the absolute best. Yum!

We really appreciate you taking the time to let us know that you loved your stay, and thanks also for the note about the decor. A lot of work went into the hotel so it is always really great to hear that we are hitting the mark.

MLDH36D
Reviewed March 1, 2013

We had a good one night stay in an ocean floor room up on floor 17.

Positives:
- Sensible price, further discount available if you join their rewards program (it's free)
- Stingray bar, good vibe, good drinks and only a short stumble to the elevator
- Bazaar, a unique dining experience, makes sure you ask lots of questions otherwise you will get very confused
- Well stock gym

Negatives:
- Everything in room you have to pay for and I couldn't help feeling attempts were being made to trick you using things, e.g. the plastic bottles of mineral water on the bedside tables (included on minibar price list), postcards left scattered across the desk , nespresso coffee pods.
- Building works outside at the moment

I would definitely stay there again, compared to other Surfers options its great.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
HI MLD36D,

Thanks for a really comprehensive and even handed review. We are really happy that you got to enjoy the bazaar experience while you were in the hotel. It really is something to behold. So much amazing food, and so fresh.

Thanks also for the note on the price. We think that it is wonderful value for the offering.

We look forward to seeing you when you are next in town.

Travelling Aussie
Reviewed February 27, 2013

I spent a couple of nights at QT in February 2013, and really enjoyed it. The rooms were very well appointed and spacious enough. The Japanese restaurant was brilliant, as was the selection for breakfast in the morning (loved the breakfast).

It's not too close to the main Surfers strip, but that is fine.

I'll be back for sure!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank BensAdventures
Hey BensAdventures,

Sounds like you have a very fun life, and we love that a Senior Contributor has had such a great time at the hotel and has taken the time to share it with both us and the wider traveller community. It is really awesome!

Yamagen (our Japanese option is a really remarkable restaurant. It is a very authentic experience, right in the heart of the Gold Coast. It is a real pleasure to eat here.

Ballandean, Australia
Reviewed February 27, 2013

I recently had my third stay at the QT and, as much as I love the decor and the wonderful, friendly staff, I have to say I'm disappointed that we experienced yet another 'glitch' this time.

As part of my birthday celebrations, we booked two ocean view rooms (2 king) online and received our email confirmations for those rooms. Later we booked two more ocean view rooms so some more friends could join us (1 king, 1 queen twin) but we received confirmation of three rooms. We now had five confirmation emails and numbers for four rooms.
On phoning and explaining that we had received three confirmations for two rooms, a polite staff member looked our booking up on the computer, confirmed the error and said she would delete the third booking.All sorted we thought.

Upon my arrival, we went to check-in to the first two rooms, our other friends were arriving later, and were given 1 king and 1 queen twin, both ocean view. When I queried this I was told that it was all they had booked in my name. I assumed our other guests had arrived early and there'd been a mix up...then they arrived! We were told there were only two rooms booked in my name and that the hotel was booked out.

Whilst the duty manager was very polite she seemed reluctant to admit that the hotel had messed up our bookings. It appears that after the telephone conversation about confirmations for three rooms instead of two someone decided that we only needed two rooms in total and cancelled my orignal booking without checking with me first. It was suggested that our friends could stay nearby at the Marriott (almost twice the price) and still join us for dinner. After applying a lot of pressure the duty manager was able to find one queen twin room for the two couples. As they weren't keen to share a room the duty manager said she'd see if she had another cancellation and, if not, offered to pay for their dinner and they could drive back to Brisbane afterwards, which is what they chose to do in the end. When my husband went to pay our bill on checkout he had to enter into some hefty discussions over what we were charged, despite the promises of the night before.

We had a lovely night - cocktails at Stingray, dinner at Bazaar, after dinner drinks at Stingray - but what a shame these guys can't get this bit right. Each time I have stayed at QT there has been some kind of glitch that should never have happened and it appears to always involve reception/billing.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Hi ozyvette,

Oh no! Our first negative review in ages, What a bummer. I am so very sorry that these mix ups happened with your booking. There is absolutely no excuse for it, so all I can say is that we will improve on this, and that it is not a regular occurrence at the hotel.

We would love to take care of you again, and hopefully with a better all round result.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 27, 2013

Stayed for one night in this hotel with my husband, daughter and son inlaw, great hotel, fantastic location, rooms are clean and well stocked, bed very comfortable, just how I like it! View was ok, we were only on the forth floor but still a good view of the beach. Hotel was easy to find as it's just off the main drag and check in and parking were fuss free. We walked to a seafood restaurant for dinner and then back to the hotel because it was a beautiful night. In the morning (sunday) we went to breakfast in the hotel restaurant and this is my only gripe, there was more than enough to choose from as the buffet was huge, you could want for nothing....except a plate! we waited between 5 and 10 minutes for the plates to come out of the washer, the staff were very apologetic and eventually we were fed, apart from this glitch, I'd highly recommend this hotel and would definitely return again

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Hey phillip_stjames,

All the way from the UK! Too fun! And you loved it. Even more fun.

Thanks for all the wonderful notes on the service and dining options at the hotel. I am so sorry that you had to wait for plates! We must have been having an extra special busy night. I know we are regularly booked out in Bazaar and we must have had a lot of people using a lot of plates that night.

It really is an awesome location. Five minutes walk into Surfers Paradise, and just far away enough that you are off the main drag.

We hope to see you again next time you are in Aus.