“Designer hotel” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 32 Hotels in Surfers Paradise
Singapore, Singapore
“Designer hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2013

The hotel is chic modern trendy and every furniture are from designer piece.
The deco is nice and the staff were all fantastic.
Room was definitely very cozy and we love the clean cozy room.

It is some walking distance away from Surfer's paradise but this did not stopped us from returning the hotel the next trip to Gold Coast.
We love this hotel.

Gym however, needs a little work. Old machine and rusted equipment.

Overall, still a nice place to stay.

Room Tip: Get a ocean view room. Its spectacular!
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank CWittichai

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (697)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Brisbane, Australia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2013 via mobile

Was booked to to stay here the weekend of the terrible weather in Brisbane. On the Friday I emailed enquiring if there was a cancellation fee if I decided to cancel. Didn't hear back a proceeded to drive down to enjoy the lovely room and location despite the weather.

Needless to say after braving the weather on the drive down I was very surprised to try and check in to find my booking had been cancelled. I was flabbergasted. Normally if one enquires about cancelling and doesn't hear back one would assume said booking was not cancelled. No comms back and just cancelled.

Tried to find rooms and none available apparently. Not happy. Not really any apology given just "we will take this up with the person that cancelled it" code for wont do anything about.

I know I enquired about cancelling but an email response would have been nice asking if I wanted to proceed before actually cancelling it would have made sense.

That's my 10 cents worth.

Looked like a great hotel otherwise. Guess ill never know now.

• Stayed January 2013
7 Thank SimonQLD
sasrowlandsQT, Director of Social Media at QT Gold Coast, responded to this review, March 16, 2013
Hi SimonQLD,

Thanks Simon. We appreciate you taking the time to let us know about your experience.

While this is of course not an indication of an experience at the hotel, we know that this must have been a frustrating experience nonetheless.

I hope that you have contacted the hotel directly and that they have made amends for this administrative error. We would love to have you try out the hotel.

Sas
QT
Burleigh Heads, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2013

i had the pleasure of staying here for only one night due to an ongoing power failure at my home here on the Gold Coast. The check in was swift and the lovely Claire gave me an upgrade to an oceanfront room which was great. The room was on the 19th floor with great views of the ocean and north to Stradbroke Island. It was tastefully decorated with a funky vibe but not over the top. Big flat screen tv and a compact but well equipped bathroom. The bed was super comfortable and i slept really well. Breakfast was included at Bazaar downstairs which has more food than anyone could possibly eat and good food at that. Parking was included in the room rate as well. Would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Brisbane, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2013 via mobile

I absolutely loved our room at this hotel; they have done a great job redecorating. The lemonade on arrival was really cool and we loved the retro staff uniforms and retro bikes that are free to hire.
Unfortunately a few things let this hotel down. We went to the Stingray Bar where a bartender smashed a glass on the beer tap - putting shards all over my dress and cutting my boyfriends finger. Accidents happen and we wouldn't have minded.. but he wasn't particularly apologetic. I started a bar tab for dinner and drinks, each item was put on my card as we ordered it; then they asked me to pay at the end as well. So I have $63.50 in my bank account that I can't access as it is in pending authorisations.
I was under the impression that they would take a $100 bond out of my account for the room.. they took a $279 one which still hasn't gone back into my account after 4 days. So QT are currently holding $343 of my money. No one can seem to explain why our bond was $279, when the room was only $175 for the night.
We quite enjoyed our stay but are now incredibly annoyed! Especially since I had to ring 3 times to get the problem sorted.

• Stayed February 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars
    • 2 of 5 stars
2 Thank LalaClare
New South Wales, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2013

My partner and I stayed at QT beginning of 2012 - I was certain I had written a review but it looks like I missed it. After writing a few reviews on other hotels/resorts we've recently stayed at I keep comparing them back to our experience at QT. It was phenomenal! I really can't wait to go back, if we go to Gold Coast again there's nowhere else I'd rather stay.

Where to begin. The buffet breakfast was AMAZEBALLS! From all the hotels we have stayed at which usually do have a buffet breakfast, this one was just above and beyond. You can really tell the hotel is into their attention to detail and it showed with their food. They had everything from freshly squeezed juices in these cute little juice jars to home made danishes and the omelette stand was the best!

Our first night we also had a buffet dinner part of our hotel stay package which again, for a buffet was more to the liking of a 4.5 star restaurant! We were advised by the waiter of the best wines they had (who clearly was knowledgeable in that aspect) - something that all too many waiters lack. I had real appreciation for the bartenders there also because they knew their drinks! Being a cocktail and wine fanatic I can really appreciate the service they give when they know exactly what you want.

The location was great, close enough to the beach (about 5 mins walk) but far away from the hustle and bustle as its located on a quiet street behind the main. We went for a swim every morning. For a new and vibrant hotel with 4-5 star service and vibe, it was very well priced and they had good package deals going on.

The decor is ultra modern and the upkeep is really great. It was relatively new when we came to stay. Staff are awesome and I just loved their uniforms! very old school retro preppy and funky. The vibe was really great, and oh the stingray bar was awesome! they had livebands play and had cheap and yummy bar style food (they had pizzas very cheap on their promotional days and tacos!). Bartenders were really friendly and I got to chatting to the manager there who used to work at the Ivy in Sydney, so you know the place is in good hands! Oh and they have Stella on tap!

All in all, a very great vibe to be in - I really believe that having a great hotel makes or breaks your holiday. We've been to other amazing places but the hotels were dud so it unfortunately made the holiday less memorable.

Definitely coming back again!

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2013 via mobile

Great place to stay, particularly for couples. Totally unique. Great original touches like complimentary lemonade. Quirky furniture. Awesome retro art and decor. Gorgeously tempting mini bar. (I resisted.) Great pool. I'd recommend this place to couples for a romantic break.

• Stayed December 2012
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2013

My partner and I thoroughly enjoyed our stay at QT! We found the staff incredibly friendly and helpful, the rooms were beautifully designed and presented, and enjoyed the extra touches of the lemonade stand in room and in the foyer. The Seafood buffet at Bazaar was an incredible experience, and the breakfast buffet the best by far on the Gold Coast! We'll definitely be staying there again!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple