AAhhh where do I even start? Once I got off from the shuttle van, the concierge walk over and greet us. It was a busy busy busy day cos it was a weekend. So the front desk was a bit crowded, but was attended in few minutes. The girl was a bit restless told us that we could not check in early due to weekend. Thats not very welcoming there, but I won't let that spoil my holiday. So I went out for a walk and lunch. Reach hotel again about 2pm and our luggage was sent to our room.
The room and the view... SPLENDID!! If you are a person who takes the shampoo or toiletries from hotels, try taking the bed. The bed is SUPER COMFY!!! I don't even want to wake up!! The only thing I dislike was the toilet is leaking from the tiles, and initially I thought it was just wet. Then I just hover a floor matt over to soak up the water.
The hotel gave us a complimentary dinner in the Bazaar restaurant. I was great!! The hostess gave us a tour before seating us, and immediate attended by a waiter with a wine list. Good wine selections. The chefs are bubbly and funny. They talk to you before making the food. They then send the food to your table without having you waiting at the counter. The seafood are fresh, crabs, scallops, oysters and so on. Once spotted by the waiter, they immediately brings a bowl for us to put the shells in. Also a small bowl of water to wash my fingers. Thoughtful :)
If you decide to have a room service at night, try their 'Banana Cake' *i think that is what they name it* its great!!! I was sooo tempted to have another slice. Its such a sin. lol The girl that was in charge of sending my sinful banana cake to me, was friendly and cheerful, and perky.
The next morning, breakfast at the Bazaar once again, its free *wink wink* and once again, I was blew away by the selection of food, just for breakfast. The potato gratin was out of this world. The least I enjoyed was the bacon. Its not as crispy as I imagine :-/ Maybe I am just picky about my bacons :p
If you are late for breakfast, try the little cafe just in front of the check in counter. Their sandwiches are G.R.E.A.T and the latte is good too. The colourful wall perks you up!!
Saturday night, the Stingray bar turn to disco. Kinda too crowded and some people are drunk lurking outside the hotel. Not a pleasant sight but everything was under control.
So weekend pass off with a blink and weekday comes. The hotel seems a bit quieter BUT the energy of the staffs are great!! Even the restless girl are all smiling and cheerful. Lets say they are more focus on weekdays, yes?
Location is a lil bit far to other places but is near to bus stop. That makes it easier to travel to Currumbin Wildlife Santuary, or Movie/Sea World, or Harbour Town.
The spa was great. I did not try it, but they are selling USPA product which is great. The staff in the spa was polite and cheerful. They know their product and able to suggest me things that I like. Did I mention they are friendly too?
Upon checking out, everything was fine, the shuttle is right on time. Wonderful experience in Gold Coast!!!!!! I definitely will stay there again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- With an enviable location easy walking distance to the beach, Cavill Avenue shopping and the entertainment district, QT Gold Coast blends first class service with inspired facilities. Formerly the Gold Coast International Hotel, QT Gold Coast is a designer hotel haven unlike anything Surfer’s Paradise has seen before. Relax in our revamped pool area, energise on one of two newly re-topped tennis courts or indulge in the all new market place style Bazaar restaurant after sipping a coastal cocktail creation from Stingray Lounge. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Agoda, Priceline and Jetsetter so you can book your QT Gold Coast reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Qt Gold Coast Hotel Surfers Paradise
- Hotel Gold Coast International
- Gold Coast International Surfers Paradise
- QT Gold Coast Surfers Paradise