“QT = Cutie!!!” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #4 of 33 Hotels in Surfers Paradise
Singapore, Singapore
“QT = Cutie!!!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 11, 2012

AAhhh where do I even start? Once I got off from the shuttle van, the concierge walk over and greet us. It was a busy busy busy day cos it was a weekend. So the front desk was a bit crowded, but was attended in few minutes. The girl was a bit restless told us that we could not check in early due to weekend. Thats not very welcoming there, but I won't let that spoil my holiday. So I went out for a walk and lunch. Reach hotel again about 2pm and our luggage was sent to our room.
The room and the view... SPLENDID!! If you are a person who takes the shampoo or toiletries from hotels, try taking the bed. The bed is SUPER COMFY!!! I don't even want to wake up!! The only thing I dislike was the toilet is leaking from the tiles, and initially I thought it was just wet. Then I just hover a floor matt over to soak up the water.

The hotel gave us a complimentary dinner in the Bazaar restaurant. I was great!! The hostess gave us a tour before seating us, and immediate attended by a waiter with a wine list. Good wine selections. The chefs are bubbly and funny. They talk to you before making the food. They then send the food to your table without having you waiting at the counter. The seafood are fresh, crabs, scallops, oysters and so on. Once spotted by the waiter, they immediately brings a bowl for us to put the shells in. Also a small bowl of water to wash my fingers. Thoughtful :)

If you decide to have a room service at night, try their 'Banana Cake' *i think that is what they name it* its great!!! I was sooo tempted to have another slice. Its such a sin. lol The girl that was in charge of sending my sinful banana cake to me, was friendly and cheerful, and perky.

The next morning, breakfast at the Bazaar once again, its free *wink wink* and once again, I was blew away by the selection of food, just for breakfast. The potato gratin was out of this world. The least I enjoyed was the bacon. Its not as crispy as I imagine :-/ Maybe I am just picky about my bacons :p

If you are late for breakfast, try the little cafe just in front of the check in counter. Their sandwiches are G.R.E.A.T and the latte is good too. The colourful wall perks you up!!

Saturday night, the Stingray bar turn to disco. Kinda too crowded and some people are drunk lurking outside the hotel. Not a pleasant sight but everything was under control.

So weekend pass off with a blink and weekday comes. The hotel seems a bit quieter BUT the energy of the staffs are great!! Even the restless girl are all smiling and cheerful. Lets say they are more focus on weekdays, yes?

Location is a lil bit far to other places but is near to bus stop. That makes it easier to travel to Currumbin Wildlife Santuary, or Movie/Sea World, or Harbour Town.

The spa was great. I did not try it, but they are selling USPA product which is great. The staff in the spa was polite and cheerful. They know their product and able to suggest me things that I like. Did I mention they are friendly too?

Upon checking out, everything was fine, the shuttle is right on time. Wonderful experience in Gold Coast!!!!!! I definitely will stay there again.

Room Tip: Book the sea view room. Its worth it.
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (736)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
Brisbane, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 11, 2012

We stayed at QT Gold Coast for 1 night with our 10 month old daughter. We booked a King Ocean View room and the view was excellent. The rooms are comfortable and funky and have all the mod-cons + a few quirky extras. Love the cockatoo night lamp! The beach is only 1 block away and the restaurants and shops of Surfers a 10 minute walk. I would highly recommend this hotel for any kind of traveller. The only small downside is that the pool area is quite small and not really suitable for kids. We would definitely stay here again as it has everything you need with great, friendly staff.

Room Tip: You can't beat a room with an Ocean View!
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank OliveJuice77
Melbourne
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 11, 2012

This a fairly large modern hotel in Surfers Paradise, one block from the beach.

Our check in was quick and efficient. Room service brought us a complimentary fresh lemonade within a few minutes of arrival; very enjoyable.

Our room on the 19th floor looked away from the beach but the view was nevertheless very pleasant. The balcony was very small and had no furniture. The room itself was medium in size and well appointed. The bathroom was tiny with virtually no shelf space for personal toiletries.

The lack of space in the bathroom and the lack of any balcony furniture were okay for a two night stay but would have been a problem for me for a longer stay.

The extensive breakfast was served in the Bazaar restaurant which was also the main place for dinner. Our rate included dinner for two and if this is available it is a very good deal. Dinner is a buffet which includes a wide selection of fresh seafood (oysters, crab legs, prawns, etc), meats, freshly made stir fries as well as many salads and vegetables and also a large variety of desserts.

The Stingray bar is fun and worth a visit; on Saturday night it was packed and very noisy.

The hotel offers car parking at a reasonable $8.00 per day which allows for multiple entries per 24 hours.

Room Tip: Stingray is very noisy so if you want "quiet", ask for a room on a higher floor.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 11, 2012

Although our stay was linked to business we enjoyed it when we werent working. It was just far enough away from the hustle and bustle of central Surfers, but close to everything too. Love the fresh Lemonade, genius.
The restaurant was amazing, so much to choose from. Rooms are well decked out and everything worked.
Value for money it was great. We are back again on business in mid January so will be coming back for a second visit, looking forward to it, 4 days this time.
We were well taken care of during our short visit so thanks everyone, keep up the good work.
Dave & Morag
Melbourne.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Honolulu, Hawaii
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 10, 2012

I had a terrific 3 nights at the QT Gold Coast & would thoroughly recommend it. Great room, terrific service (with a smile) & good value. It's a short walk into the heart of Surfers Paradise. Make sure you dine at Bazaar while there & the Stingray Lounge is a must visit.

Room Tip: Higher floors are quieter
Sydney
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 10, 2012

I booked a King Suite and was delighted, I had e VERY nice room and probably the most comfortable hotel bed that I've ever slept it ... QT have SO got it right!

The welcome lemonade is a nice touch, and the mini-bar/in-room snacks/room service is all really reasonably priced.

The outdoor pool and hot-spa pool were both lovely, and QT is a very short walkt ot he beach ...you can even hear the surf when you open your balcony door, which I love when staying by the sea.

Very few down-sides but worth mentioning:

- Be aware that the noise/music from the Singray Bar on Fridayand Saturday ngihts completely fills the lobby, so I felt like I was checking into a nightclub/function. I guess it makes the place buzzy, and Stingray is a good bar. Note that the the guest rooms don't get any of this noise!

- The gorgeous, deep Japanese-style bath took a long time to fill, and there is nothing in the luxury ameneties to put in it. Bath salts would be a good solution.

- I did a breakfast and dinner deal, but I'm really not a fan of buffet restaurants. The Bazaar gets rave reviews, and the food is nice, but just be aware if you aren't a fan of hunting for your food with the crowds, then standing around waiting for it to be cooked/heated etc.

Perth, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 9, 2012

I stayed at the QT last year for a week with my partner, following which I wrote the review titled "Funky Friendly Foyer - Boring Beige Bedrooms!”, that review was about how totally pleased we were with the fantastic service received by all foyer based staff (concierge, reception, bar etc.) and the funktastic decor but how completely let down we felt by the fugly beige, overpriced spa suite we staid in as well as the complete lack of satisfactory service from room service (cold breakfast), housekeeping (half done jobs most days) and the fact we had to switch rooms as our first room was unsatisfactory, for that matter so was our second - and no we are no typically picky people.

Knowing that the QT was under bedroom renovation during our stay last year, curiousity got the better of me this year and when it was I came to the Gold Coast for a girls night I booked my two girlfriends and myself into a twin queen suite for the night.

HOLY MOLY QT GOT AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

As I expected on arrival the service in Reception from every staff member was fantastic, I notice a few different uniforms have been added to the staffing wardrobe adding to the amazing theming. At this point I have to comment that throughout our stay the main guy managing the foyer operations was EXTREMELY attentive not only to us but to everyone that was passing through Reception. I didn't catch his name unfortunately but I have a feeling he might have been the same extremely helpful person that met us for our stay last year.

Up to the room and the decor is no longer boring beige but the most ecclectic, vibrant and happiest room I think I have ever been in. We literally spent up to 20 minutes just scoping the place out, from the decor to the littelest of touches the room made a couple of grown women act like kids in Willy Wonka's Chocolate Factory! Within minutes of arriving in our room we were delivered the ingredients to make fresh cold lemonade and moments later while swizzling it with our sexy muscle man swizzle sticks we were marvelling about how the simple experience of checking in just made us feel so excited and happy.

Quite "under the weather" from the previous evenings activities we chose to order room service that afternoon for lunch and the food not only arrived promptly, but was EXTREMELY delicious and of a standard well beyond what is expected of room service. It was delivered once again by our room service attendant for the day and she was as friendly as can be everytime we saw her.

That evening we did attempt, and attempt is the operative word, to have dinner in the attached Japanese restaurant and if I have one complaint about our stay this is it. We reserved a table, we arrived on time, we didn't get an ounce of service from that point on. After 20 minutes we had to ask for a drink order to be taken, after an hour (and watching numerous other tables arrive, be served and start eating) we still hadn't had our orders taken despite numerous attempts to get the watiers attention which were ignored. At the point at which we told the waiter we were fed up and leaving we were still charged for the drinks we had and he told us he was "not surprised" that we had chosen to leave. I don't know if this restaurant is actually part of QT or if it is just unfortunate for them that it is attached to the same building but it is a black mark on your fantastic hotel - sort them out!

Otherwise over the course of our stay we visited the Stingray Bar, which is still as awesome as it was last year, we had breakfast from the small cafe in the foyer, delicious, one of my girlfriends had the buffet breakfast which she said was also delicious, we shopped at the foyer giftshop where I bought some gorgeous pieces to decorate my home with - what can I say further about all the services at QT? They are all so fantastic.

I now highly recommend QT to ANYONE going to the Gold Coast who wants to really experience the Gold Coast surfside charm whilst feeling like you are staying amongst friends, I will also make this my hotel of choice for any future visits. Congratulations QT on a stunning make over and daring to be different!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends