WE have just returned from QT after a night away to celebrate our "Last Hurrah" as we are due for our first child in 3 weeks.
Overall we LOVE it and so glad we have finally found a hotel with a little bit of bloody personality, in a mostly conservative and boring world! It was refreshing to have bright red hair on a girl in a blue jumpsuit greet us when we arrived. Hooray!
I'll get my moan out of the way first so we can move on to greater things - it took 24 hrs for the lemonade to arrive lol. We did make 2 phone calls and made 2 personal visits to Concierge to get it delivered but the planets just didn't align. We got it delivered today as we checked out at 1pm so it was a nice way to end a sunny morning. The lemonade is a great idea Sas - it just needs some logistical tweaking at check in.
The pool and pool bar were great and although our food order was lost, once the staff realised they quickly got it sorted AND sorted us a free drink. You don't mind mistakes when they are graciously fixed.
Bazaar is the highlight of this hotel and definitely a marketing opportunity for this place. We would drive from Bris just to have dinner here .... the idea and the execution are excellent. I had breakfast this morning there too and it was just as good.
Our Ocean Suite was on Level 5, so next time I will be pleading for a higher one, as the view up higher must be amazing. It was well worth spending the extra $$ on the ocean side.
Here is an idea for the place too - how about a "Last Hurrah" package. We were one of three couples celebrating the end of our freedom this weekend ... maybe room, breakfast and one of your pregnancy massages??????
The ONLY way it could be more perfect is if you had some rooms that were "pet friendly". Maybe dogs under 6kg that are not allowed in pool/foyer etc - but are allowed in rooms and lifts as long as they are carried? Would be great to bring the spoilt lap dog next time :)
We will be back when all our visitors arrive post baby - they have to all come to at least eat at Bazaar and try out the amazing beds.
(PS - the location is great. A short stroll to Cavill ave and only 50m to the beach. What are people whining about??)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- With an enviable location easy walking distance to the beach, Cavill Avenue shopping and the entertainment district, QT Gold Coast blends first class service with inspired facilities. Formerly the Gold Coast International Hotel, QT Gold Coast is a designer hotel haven unlike anything Surfer’s Paradise has seen before. Relax in our revamped pool area, energise on one of two newly re-topped tennis courts or indulge in the all new market place style Bazaar restaurant after sipping a coastal cocktail creation from Stingray Lounge. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Orbitz, Booking.com, Hotwire, Expedia, Priceline, Agoda, Travelocity, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, Jetsetter, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your QT Gold Coast reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Qt Gold Coast Hotel Surfers Paradise
- Hotel Gold Coast International
- Gold Coast International Surfers Paradise
- QT Gold Coast Surfers Paradise