My partner and I stayed at the Vibe from 27th-30th Oct with a 19 month old child.
We had a king room with a bath which was great. The bed slightly on the firm side but once we lay there for a while it wasnt all that bad at all. We were on the 18th floor with a view from the front of the hotel which was breathtaking, looking out over the chevron towers and out at the ocean.
The location is BRILLIANT! Such a short stroll to Cavill Ave, the bus stop is a couple steps from the front door.
We had bar meals one night for "happy hour" which is during 5 and 7pm. you get a meal and a drink combo. beer/wine/basic spirit. The food is good, its not supposed to be restaurant quality obviously. We ordered fish and chips with salad and steak sandwiches with chips on the side with our drinks.
There isnt much of a gym, if this is important to you then it isnt for you. Consists of 2 treadmills, some weights and a bike or two.
The views from the pool area are lovely.
The only negative thing I have to say about this place however is the car parking.
To begin with, I was stunned to see upon printing out our booking information from booking.com that you have to pay extra to park in their underground carpark. Normally this kind of thing is included in rates. Parking was $8 per night, but still, its a bit silly. Having said that though... The car park itself is HORRID. Its all one way all the way around which is fair enough but it is TINY!! Trying to do 20 point turns to reverse out of a car park was a joke. And if you choose not to pay for parking underground, there is nowhere else to park.
I would stay here again, in general the staff were very polite and helpful, the room was very clean, the cleaners did a great job, and even folded our sons bedding up with the hotel stuff on our bed, and set our stuffed animals from seaworld on our pillows which was very cute. The location definately makes this place a winner.
Oh and the curves restaurant was okay too. Clean with polite staff there, the food was VERY basic though. We only ate here on our last morning before checkout. I was very surprised to find eggs only done one way - scrambled so I avoided them. I think the breaky buffet needs more to choose from.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- You will love the convenience of staying right in the very heart of Surfers Paradise.Your Vibe Gold Coast hotel is centrally located in the midst of Gold Coast lifestyle, opposite the Chevron Renaissance Village, just a block from Cavill Avenue, the heart of the Gold Coast shopping district, and overlooking the picturesque Nerang River.We are perfectly placed for a leisurely stroll to Surfers Paradise beach, world-class shopping, fantastic nightlife, restaurants galore and lots of fun attractions...Or you can just relax in comfort. The Gold Coast is brimming with fun filled activities including fishing charters, bungee jumping, motorbike tours, surfing lessons and even a few swings at one of the many leading golf courses at hand...And did we mention the beaches? And at the end of your busy day, return to your ideal Gold Coast hotel and relax in the comfort of your well appointed hotel room or suite, take a plunge in the pool or take an evening stroll along the promenade an soak up the atmosphere of the Gold Coast...Enjoy the vibe at your Gold Coast hotel with personality...Vibe Hotel Gold Coast. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Agoda, Expedia, Hotels.com, Ctrip TA, Travelocity, Hotwire, Orbitz, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Vibe Hotel Gold Coast reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Vibe Hotel Surfers Paradise
- Vibe Hotel Gold Coast Surfers Paradise