We booked the vibe hotel through Hotwire, it was listed as a 4 and a half star hotel on here and we decided to go for it. It listed a gym in it's amenities and as this was very important to us we thought that this was a great plus. We arrived here on our honeymoon early in the morning (around 10am) and were straight away given a room and told we had been upgraded which we were stoked at, we then went up to the room, it looked ok.
I went to the bathroom and upon flushing the toilet there was a horrible screeching sound, i also had an important email (universty assignment) to send so we went about connecting to the internet, the price is astronomical! $11 for 1 hour or $22 for 24 hours, i decided to go for it anyway but our internet would not connect, this went on and on, we had to call maintenance and then the internet supplier and we were moved rooms.
The next room was sooo much worse, the table was dirty, the dishes and cutlery were filthy in the cupboards it was just gross. We had a broken ethernet cable and by the time we got this fixed we had missed A LOT of our 24 hours of internet we had paid for, when i mentioned this on checkout i was told that they were charged by a third party, i thought that was unfair because it was the hotels fault we had so much trouble, not ours, why should we pa the full $22? We also had dinner at the pool bar one night and i ordered my steak rare and so did my husband, they came out medium well, we sent them back, they came out medium (mine was well done) and my husband was so hungry he just ate his, i sent mine back again, it then came out medium rare which i just ate, but they forgot the garlic butter on top.
Also as mentioned earlier the gym was important to us when booking, the gym is a joke, 2 treadmills and a few weights is NOT a gym, my husband went across the road to anytime fitness and paid $50 for a 5 day membership because the hotel gym was so bad.
Vibe has 2 things going for it, great location and wonderful staff, namely Mitch and Kurt were great. But with all mentioned above i would never ever stay here again and if i had had the money i would have packed up and gone somewhere else. also your pay per view prices are RIDICULOUS, get a clue on pricing guys and step up your game. also t proper curtains in your rooms pleease, people wanna sleep!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- You will love the convenience of staying right in the very heart of Surfers Paradise.Your Vibe Gold Coast hotel is centrally located in the midst of Gold Coast lifestyle, opposite the Chevron Renaissance Village, just a block from Cavill Avenue, the heart of the Gold Coast shopping district, and overlooking the picturesque Nerang River.We are perfectly placed for a leisurely stroll to Surfers Paradise beach, world-class shopping, fantastic nightlife, restaurants galore and lots of fun attractions...Or you can just relax in comfort. The Gold Coast is brimming with fun filled activities including fishing charters, bungee jumping, motorbike tours, surfing lessons and even a few swings at one of the many leading golf courses at hand...And did we mention the beaches? And at the end of your busy day, return to your ideal Gold Coast hotel and relax in the comfort of your well appointed hotel room or suite, take a plunge in the pool or take an evening stroll along the promenade an soak up the atmosphere of the Gold Coast...Enjoy the vibe at your Gold Coast hotel with personality...Vibe Hotel Gold Coast. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Ctrip TA, Hotels.com, Agoda, Expedia, Priceline, Travelocity, Orbitz, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA and Cancelon so you can book your Vibe Hotel Gold Coast reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Vibe Hotel Surfers Paradise
- Vibe Hotel Gold Coast Surfers Paradise