“Just what we needed” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #18 of 33 Hotels in Surfers Paradise
Sydney, Australia
“Just what we needed”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 12, 2012

This was our fifth visit to the Vibe Hotel located in a very central location in exciting Surfers Paradise. Everything is well within walking distance, and bars, restaurants, nightclubs are right on the doorstep.

Travelling with a reasonably large group on an annual long weekend trip, The Vibe as usual made us all feel welcome and nothing is a problem for the very friendly management team.

Rooms are clean, tidy and have everything you need to sleep in peace. Concrete walls between rooms keep the noise to a minimum. The pool and spa area are a delight and well maintained.

If I had to be fussy and pick out something to I prove, it would probably be the fact that the two elevators are probably inefficient in times of maximum occupancy. That said, it's not much to complain about.

Great weekend - we will return.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank Mullos1962
VibeHotelGC, Manager at Vibe Hotel Gold Coast, responded to this review, November 14, 2012
Dear Mullos1962

The team at Vibe Hotel Gold Coast are delighted that you enjoyed your recent stay at Vibe Hotel Gold Coast and thank you for taking the time to provide us with your positive feedback. I was pleased to read that this was your fifth time staying with us.

I am very pleased to hear that you would stay with us again on your next visit, please feel free to book with us directly next time you travel to Surfers Paradise

Vibe Hotel Gold Coast

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (332)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Hamilton, New Zealand
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 10, 2012

At first glance, this was a great hotel - colourful, modern and comfortable....but as we looked closer we realised it wasn't very clean. The carpet hadn't been vacuumed in a while, the glasses needed rincing before use and we found a couple of long black hairs on our bed and a towel that did not belong to us! The location was great, nice and central and the staff were really friendly. We really appreciated that we could check in early too and were only expecting they'd hold our bags until check in time. The bar had a happy hour which was great. It's just a pity the cleanliness let it all down. We spent two nights here, but I don't think we'd go back as cleanliness is pretty important to us no matter what we pay to stay. It was quite loud on the Friday night but I think you'd get that anywhere staying in town, it wasn't too bad and didn't keep us up though. We stayed on the 6th floor and the view was nice!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Dear Newlyweds246

We appreciate the time you have taken to provide us with your feedback.

In relation to the points you have raised I will address your concerns with the Housekeeping department to improve our overall guest experience.

I would like to thank you providing this feedback and if you would like to discuss this in more detail, please do not hesitate to contact me directly at the hotel 07 5539 0444.

Invercargill, New Zealand
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 4, 2012

My husband and I have just returned from a week long stay at the Vibe GC - we booked and paid for a studio room and upon our arrival were told we had been upgraded to a studio, which was what we had originally paid for, so not sure what that was about... we did request a high room, but if that was their terminalogy for an upgrade, they should re think how they use the term 'upgrade'.

Location was great, very central and as it was our first time hiring a rental car; the parking charge and facilities were affordable and appropriate.

Being a travel agent in my previous profession, I felt our room was a bit tired with the colours and decor having seen better days - especially with our couch having a hand sized hole in it, which was covered up by the strategically placed cushions... Having read the reviews on TA before booking, the Vibe seemed to match what we were after and at the end of the day it had everything we needed for our stay, so I guess I must have had higher expectations than what ended up being the case, as I went in thinking I was getting a 4.5 star hotel and a great price, where both my husband and myself felt that was a bit misleading and that it should be more of a 3 star rating.

On our last night we were woken around 0130 by a very loud noise that turned out to be the water pipes having a wee tantrum, though it sounded more like a compressor trying to shake them through the walls - staff came up to try and sort the issue, but didn't seem to know what was going on and thankfully it didn't happen again, that night anyway - though the staff the following morning at check-out didn't seem too concerned and came across as though they just wanted the money for the incidentals and to get rid of us, so not a very nice feeling for us leaving at all.

Oh and if you book the couples package, the box of chocs on offer means a total of three chocs, just so you know.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Mel L
Dear Mel L

We appreciate the time you have taken to provide us with your feedback, as its always good to hear good & not so good experiences.

In the point you've raised about the star rating, I'm please to advise you that as of last friday we were assessed by an indepenent AAA assesor which gave the hotel a 4.5 star rating.

Vibe Gold Coast
melbourne
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 25, 2012 via mobile

Very clean. Good location . Friendly reception . Very modern hotel.
Had a drunk person come to our door called reception and they came up to our room immediately . Which was good.
Over all I recommend this hotel to anyone because it is super clean and very modern!

From room 1711

• Stayed October 2012
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
VibeHotelGC, Manager at Vibe Hotel Gold Coast, responded to this review, October 30, 2012
Dear missY011

Thank you very much for your feedback regarding your recent visit to Vibe Hotel Gold Coast on Trip Advisor.

We are grateful that you took the time to review us. We at Toga Hospitality always welcome feedback from our clients. Without feedback, you do not know the true guest experience had whilst staying at the Hotel.

We can see from your feedback that you enjoyed your experience. We know when one travels to Gold Coast that you have a great number of Hotels to choose from, so thank you for choosing Vibe Hotel Gold Coast and staying with us a “hotel with personality”.

Once again, thank you for your patronage at Vibe Hotel Gold Coast. We look forward to welcoming you back when you next travel to Surfers Paradise. Please do not hesitate to contact us directly for any assistance in making your forward reservation.

Gold Coast, Queensland, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 23, 2012

I arrived to Australia in the end of August. I arrived alone with my whole life in a suitcase. I didn’t know anyone in the country, didn’t have a home, the only thing I had was the address to Vibe Hotel in Surfers Paradise. The place I was going to stay at my first days in Australia, actually my first days of a new experience and a memory for life.
My room at Vibe Hotel felt clean, safe and kept a high standard. It was the perfect room to charge the batteries after a 35 hours flight. Above this the hotel was located central in Surfers Paradise, close to the beach (maximum 5 min walk), restaurants and shops.

Today, a couple of weeks later, I am really glad that I spent my first day at Vibe Hotel. It is a hotel that gives you what you pay for and you can always expect a clean room. All this was the perfect scenario for me while I was a lost and confused girl in a new country.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
2 Thank Vererla
Dear Vererla

Thank you for your kind review, we are glad to hear that we could make your stay after a long trip we could make it relaxing for you.

We hope to see you again back at the Vibe sometime in the futre.

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 21, 2012 via mobile

The Vibe GC is a great choice if you are looking for an above average hotel in central GC.

The rooms are a good size, ours had the standard bed, small table and some lounge chairs so more than you normally get. The room overlooked the river and the nice pool the Hotel has, as we were on this side of the hotel it was nice and quiet.

A quick walk across the road in the central shopping district and another 2 min you are on the beach, so close to everything. For what we paid for the room we got far more in return...nice place to stay in the GC

• Stayed November 2011
Dear NZer_on_tour

The team at Vibe Hotel Gold Coast are delighted that you enjoyed your recent stay at Vibe Hotel Gold Coast and thank you for taking the time to provide us with your positive feedback. I was pleased to read that you enjoyed the view and the bed at the hotel!

We look forward to welcoming you back to our Vibe Hotels in the near future.

California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 19, 2012

The hotel is very conveniently located to the beach and everything else. It is a nice hotel, clean and comfortable, and if you get a room on a high floor facing the river, it is wonderful. The hotel is located at the bent of the river. The rooms have a balcony and one can enjoy a glass of wine or a cup of coffee in the morning looking at the action on the river. And there is action starting at 6 am: the rowing teams have practice.

You can make coffee or tea in the room and there is a small fridge. A good large grocery store with fresh salads and sandwiches is practically across the street. The bus to the train going to Brisbane is almost next to the hotel. Very convenient and comfortable.

Room Tip: A room on a high floor facing the river makes it very special. The river is beautiful.