Mantra on View Hotel
QT Gold Coast(Surfers Paradise)(Great Value!)
$136
$111
  • Pool
Vibe Hotel Gold Coast(Surfers Paradise)
$93
$80
  • Restaurant
Surfers Paradise Marriott Resort & Spa(Surfers Paradise)(Great Value!)
$255
$139
Marriott Hotels
  • Pool
Hilton Surfers Paradise(Surfers Paradise)(Great Value!)
$133
$123
  • Beachfront
Novotel Surfers Paradise(Surfers Paradise)
$105
$93
  • Beachfront
Peppers Soul(Surfers Paradise)
$306
$204
Agoda.com
Mantra Circle on Cavill(Surfers Paradise)(Great Value!)
$195
$151
  • Pool
Crowne Plaza Surfers Paradise(Surfers Paradise)(Great Value!)
$110
CrownePlaza.com
  • Restaurant
Q1 Resort and Spa(Surfers Paradise)(Great Value!)
$162
$156
  • Pool
Mantra Sun City(Surfers Paradise)(Great Value!)
$259
$115
3,400 results
All reviewsgreat locationthe gold coastroom servicebuffet breakfastocean viewpool areaper daygreat place to staywould stay againtram stopcavill avenueoutriggerbalconysurfersconciergeconferenceaustralia
Reviewed August 26, 2014

There for 3 days, the location and views of the beach from our balcony were excellent. We were on one of the higher floors. The bed was huge and comfortable and the room was spacious. Staff were helpful and professional.
My only issue was the shower. Had we been staying longer, I would probably have changed hotels because of it - even though the rest of our experience there was good. It was a hand-held small shower over a narrow bath which had glass on part of the side. This meant the shower was squeezy and also water went everywhere, soaking the floor outside the bath, unless you could angle the shower head bracket at the top to face towards the corner.

Such an letdown in an otherwise good hotel! When are people going to realise that most of us just want a walk-in shower? If there is some reason for wanting a bath, at least keep the shower separate.

On a happier note, their takeaway coffee is excellent (and a great service to have)!!

Room Tip: Higher floors for great views.
  • Stayed: August 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 25, 2014

Stayed at this property many times when it was a Holiday Inn. It has been refreshed and it was definitely a great choice this time round. First time staying in a suite room and thoroughly enjoyed the experience. The location is outstanding and we enjoyed the breakfast buffet. We had issues with TV and hot water, but maintenance came along and attended to these matters promptly.

Room Tip: Corner rooms are always larger and the view better.
  • Stayed: August 2014, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 25, 2014

My partner and I stayed here for 2 nights for our anniversary. The rooms were clean, spacious and comfortable. We were put on a non smoking floor and unfortunately in the hallways all you could smell was cigarettes, however this smell did not come into our rooms so it wasn't worthy of complaining about. The gym is great for a hotel gym and unfortunately due to the wet weather we weren't able to use the other facilities (pool, spa, tennis courts etc). We ate at the Deja View restaurant on the Saturday night for the seafood buffet. This was quite disappointing. The quality of food was nice however for a buffet that charges $60pp, there was VERY limited variety. The staff were lovely and we got a free bottle of wine with dinner so overall the night was lovely regardless of the lack of meals provided within the buffet. As a returning customer to the Outrigger I would always recommend to friends to stay here as it is central, nice and affordable.

• Stayed: August 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 25, 2014

I booked this stay for a conference being held there, I phoned to take an extra day before the conference and was given a special rate for the extra stay, staff over the phone were really good and helpful.
On arrival I was met by Katie at the front desk, she was friendly and happy to help with anything I needed, check in was fast and painless, over the period of my stay Katie was a fabulous representative for the outrigger hotel group.
the room was large and comfortable, everything was there that you would need for the stay. the bed was a king and comfortable and there was no noise from outside the room, which made for a quiet sleep.

Breakfast is a buffet style affair, not a lot of variety but good for me, all the basics were there, I'm not sure it is worth the $40 normally paid, but for the package I was on it was worth the $20 a day.
The location is great and you can walk to many shops and restaurants and the beach is only 100m away, the bus stops at the front of the hotel and there is the new Train stop only 50m away so you can head anywhere on the coast.

Parking is a little disappointing, there is no parking on site and you have to park next door in a public car park, the hotel can book the parking to the room (for $8.00 a day) and you can pay at the end of the stay, however; the sign at the car park says that it is only $5.00 a day to park????
(and the gates were broken, so you would not have had to pay anyway)

Conference facilities were very good, once we got the sound sorted out and the morning and afternoon teas were also very good.

Overall: a good place to stay and have a conference. Great staff across the board and great location.
You can get a feed cheaper down the road.
I would stay again no worries.

• Stayed: August 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank wizard60
Reviewed August 22, 2014

I had booked to stay at the Outrigger, to attend a conference and fishing charter. Unfortunately at late notice both were cancelled (the fishing charter on the day). I had booked via booking.com and was aware of the 100% cancellation policy at such late notice. I called the hotel to see if I could at least look at a credit or a reduced cancellation fee. I was advised by the hotel to call booking.com which I did, I spoke to a lovely lady at booking.com, who said they needed to speak to the hotel to see what could be done as it was the hotels decision. She did so and advised it would be the full cost. I understand that it was unlikely I would not have to pay a full cancelation. However I don't understand why the hotel did not just tell me this when I called given all I ended up doing was calling booking.com to have them call the hotel to get an answer the hotel could have given me.

Stayed: August 2014, traveled on business
5  Thank Jamie T
John G, General Manager at Mantra on View Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 24, 2014

Dear Jamie T,
Thank you for your comments regarding your recent booking at the Outrigger Surfers Paradise I do apologise for the issue you had regarding your request for a refund ,or reduced cancellation fee. However, the procedure advised to you was the correct one. As we received the booking from Booking.com , as the agent,any changes to the booking, or requests for cancellation or refunds need to be made between the booking agency and the Hotel, not directly between the Hotel and the guest. Once we receive the request from the agent,the reply is then sent to booking .com who have then advised you.
Again, I do apologise if this has inconvenienced you.
Kind Regards