“Great Location, Staff, Views!”

Mantra on View Hotel
Ranked #11 of 32 Hotels in Surfers Paradise
Kailua-Kona, Hawaii
“Great Location, Staff, Views!”
Reviewed June 11, 2012

Stayed here two nights on biz, we're accommodated with an early check in which was appreciated. Rooms were spacious, very clean, an had a creat view of the ocean. Every staff member I encountered was kind, accommodating and professional. It's apparent the staff is happy, as they all seemed sincere and were concerned I was comfortable and enjoying my stay, amazing value, and great views too. Definitely be back.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
freedom1james, General Manager at Mantra on View Hotel, responded to this review, June 12, 2012
Dear DofSales

I was pleased to read the post of your recent stay and even more pleased about your comments on our employees

I was privileged to work in Hawaii for 2 years and know the service standards, and seeing you are from the Hawaiian Islands, a location with outstanding guest service, I was proud to receive this feedback as extra special.

The location of the hotel is great and the majority of rooms have views of the famous Surfers Paradise beaches from their balcony.

Again many thanks for the feedback and we look forward to welcoming you back to the shores of Surfers Paradise.
Grant

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (302)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Caloundra, Australia
Reviewed June 9, 2012 via mobile

We stayed at Outrigger for one night. The room was clean although the bathroom needed a bit of tlc and the balcony table was rusted out. The woman next door had a party and laughed louder than a hyena and the music was blaring. We could hear the whole conversation. Security attempted to quiet them down but they just started up the minute he left. Hence a bad night sleep for all. The most dangerous part of this stay was all guests attempting to check out at the same time at 10am. Only one lift out of four was working and the lift was packed. People were walking down from the ninth floor with cases, ridiculous! We finally made it down to the ground floor after taking a lift up and then down stopping at ALL 22 floors. It wasn't over yet, there is only 1 lift going to the car park with 30 people waiting, we walked up the carpark from the outside access in the rain. What if there was a fire?? A lot of dead people I think. Poor form Outrigger.

Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear nedkellie68,

I was extremely disappointed to read your post concerning your recent stay, particularly your comments concerning the lifts and I can absolutely confirm three (3) of our four (4) guests lifts were fully functional. As advised in the lobby, we have one lift that is being renovated at present, with all four lifts to be completed by year end. I have checked with the elevator service company and managers and staff working over the past week, including Queen’s birthday weekend and I can confirm we had no lift faults or breakdowns and all were functioning. I can also advise over the Queen’s Birthday weekend that we had a very large checkout with some 183 rooms checking out between 9.30am – 11.30am, which could represent in excess of 400 people. We take guest safety and security extremely seriously and ensure all lifts are maintained to the possible highest standard.
I appreciate each of your comments and will discuss with the Shopping Centre Manager your comments re the car park lift as this is part of their operation, independent operator. I am also pleased to advise that from 25th – 28th June all balcony tables will be replaced with brand tables and we are currently undertaking work on painting all guest rooms.
Please accept my apologies for the noise issue from the neighboring room and this will be addressed with our security company to ensure the come-back to do follow up visits. We also welcome our guests contacting reception with any issues they have.
I certainly hope you will come back to stay with us to see that your comments have been listened to addressed where appropriate and that we do have three function lift while one is refurbished, taking 10 weeks each.
Riyadh
Reviewed June 6, 2012

We had a suite on a high floor.. amazing views outlooking the ocean! decent room.. comfortable and roomy.. good balcony.. plenty of parking space.. breakfast was ok & balcony was a bit small. worth it for the ocean views though and its not too expensive.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with friends
freedom1james, General Manager at Mantra on View Hotel, responded to this review, August 1, 2012
Dear Zuril,

My sincerest apologies for the very late response to your review. I acknowledge your mcomments and will speak to chef about breakfast being OK, but would welcome your comments to me Grant.James@outrigger.com.au so I can obtain specifcs so we can address.

The ocean views are spectacular from the balcony and whether a sunny day or not so sunny, the changes in the ocean make it interesting every day.

I look forward to your email re breakfast and we look forward to you staying with us again.

Kind regards,.

Wurtulla, Australia
Reviewed June 2, 2012

I booked in a get away for me and my partner and I left a little dissapointed. The hotel exterior was quite run down, my hopes were raised once I saw the lobby, but then faded again after leaving the elevator to our room. We had the Ocean King room on the 11th level. The walls and carpets are old and stained and there was a small cockaroach. We had holes in our bath mats and scuff marks on the inside of our cupboards. Poor attension to detail. The lifts to the car park we're confusing, and the staff we're a bit lost at times. Our buffet breakfast was included in our package but our names wern't on the door. They we're nice enough though, and the buffet breakfast was ok. It was fun playing tennis with a veiw of the ocean and the location was perfect. Probably more suited for people wanting a place to crash after a night out on the town more then for couples wanting to be romantic and relax.

Room Tip: Our room was right next to the Clock hotel, on the west side of the hotel. It rang every hour during...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
freedom1james, General Manager at Mantra on View Hotel, responded to this review, June 5, 2012
Dear Jackie J

Your comments re your recent stay are sincerely appreciated and will be used with our Body Corporate to further progress the upgrade of all corridors as a minimum with a repaint.

Other comments will be discussed with our team to ensure we correct issues such as you name not with the restaurant for your breakfast and I will meet with the Car Park manager to seek better directional signs.

While I appreciate your said more orientated for the overnight stays than for a romantic couples weekend, I would ask you to try the hotel again and see about staying in one of our suites.
Please contact me directly if you would like to do this.

Many thanks for your comments,

Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed June 2, 2012

My Wife and I stayed in the room on the 17th floor. We booked the so called "Cracking Deal" through another website. It turned out ot too be soo cracking, although I though the breakfast is included it turns out you need tof pay an extra $25 on top. You have to wallk a mile from the carpark to get to the hotel and it is part of a general mall, your have to Pay 8$ a night if it is not included in your rate, and it is not secure.
Rooms are outdated, bathroom bath was filthy and sticky. The carpet looked like it had not been a cleaned properly as flecks of dirt were visible. The ironing board was falling apart and i nearly burnt myself due to it the iron sliding off it three times. The airvents were really dusty and i woke up with a sore throat. Beds are really hard and really cheap not comfortable at all. The TV's are not digital, so you don't pick up free digital TV, they have some Fox channels but only discovery, nicolodean and the usual news crap, by doing this they hope you will buy the inchouse movies which are currently $15.95 each. And for the people who stay here a lot of low lifes in there 20's who drink all night and yell out off the balconys all night, leering at the locals as they walk past, having parties on there private balconies. The place needs to be knocked down its a disgrace.

Room Tip: Make sure you dont stay next to yobs, but that probably wont help
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear WeekendAwayBri,
I was certainly disappointed to read your review as we honestly believe the Cracking Deal was a great deal, with accommodation and a 2 for 1 offer (buy one get one free breakfast) and complimentary parking. Your review has certainly given us an opportunity to revisit all website top ensure the description is clearer, advising it is an offer of “buy one get one free”.
I would also appreciate you making direct contact with me on Grant.James@outrigger.com.au to determine where you parked, as the car park servicing the hotel is directly next to the hotel and part of the Pizza Center and is locked down nightly from approximately 9.00pm to 6.00am.
In relation to your comments re TV’s they are not digital but later in the year we will have full digital feed with ALL free to air channels available. And our existing channels are:
1 Tourist Information 2 ABC 3 SEVEN 4 NINE GOLD COAST
5 TEN 6 TEN GOLD COAST 7 SBS 8 PRIME (SEVEN)
9 NBN (NINE) 10 SKY NEWS 11 CNN 12 FOX SPORTS 1
13 FOX SPORTS 2 14 FOX SPORTS 3 15 FOX SPORTS NEWS
16 FOX 8 17 DISCOVERY 18 MUSIC MAX 19 NIKELODEON
20 W-DRAMA / TALKSHOWS

In addition your correct, we do also have Movies on Demand.

The behavior of our guests is treated seriously as is the comfort of our guests and as such we are staffed 24 hours per day and have security contractors as well. The hotel has a no party policy, limit numbers of non-registered guests in each room and respond to any guest complaints concerning behaviour and noise as soon as it is reported or we identify such .
As mentioned above, I am disappointed that you did not have a pleasant stay and can only hope that you would be willing to stay again to se we truly listen to guest feedback.
Kind regards

Lismore, New South Wales, Australia
Reviewed May 21, 2012

Firstly I would like to talk about some previous reviewers comments;
* The lifts are very very fast, we were talking to one of the staff members and mentioned how impressed we were and they said that they have been in the process of speeding them all up and each one takes about 10 weeks to do. We used 3 of the 4 lifts and they were all speedy, we never had to wait more than 30 seconds for a lift, so obviously that issues has now been fixed.
* The outside structure of the hotel is of an older design, but inside everything looks modern, minimalist, clean and fresh. To those of you saying it looks dated and old I guess your standards are extremely high, because I can not see any issues.
* As for the outdoor furniture having rust spots, this hotel is on the beach, sea air makes rust, its not really a huge issue and if you are looking at the rust spots on the table and not at the amazing view you are nuts!

My boyfriend and I stayed here for 2 nights (Saturday and Sunday) and found our stay to be wonderful.
* The staff were fast, efficient and very professional, while still being friendly. The check in process was very quick and easy as was check out.
* The room was clean, well appointed, large, modern, lots and lots of storage space and had a great view!
* The bathroom was also large, the shower was great, I love high pressure water! My only criticism with my whole stay would be that the bathroom really needs an exhaust fan as it gets very steamed up in there.
* The buffet breakfast was amazing, it had the largest selection of high quality food that I have ever seen in a hotel!
* The location was fantastic! A few minute walk to Cavli Ave, Infinity, mini golf, bungy rides, and really easy to get back on to the Gold Coast Highway if you are driving.

All in all we had an amazing stay and I would recommend this hotel and we can’t wait to come back!

Please send a big thank you to the team for making our stay special :)

Room Tip: we were in a room facing into Surfers, the view was amazing, though some people might find the noise...
1 Thank Kylie B
Dear Kylie B,
Please accept my sincere thanks (mahalo) for your detailed review and favourable comments which shows we are the right track. I will also pass on your comments to our lift contractor who will also be pleased as they progress the upgrade to all guest lifts.
While I appreciate your comments about the rust spots and proximity to the sea, some 100 meters, these balcony tables are being replaced within the next 10 days, as I agree with other reviews it takes away from the hotel. Beds next for replacement and then we hope to do room repaint.
The most pleasing part of your comments is about the efficient and professional staff and I will ensure your comments are relayed to all departments.
I certainly hope we welcome you back in the future.

Brisbane
Reviewed May 19, 2012

My partner and I stayed one night in a king room on the 22nd floor and had great views of the beach. The studio room was comfortable and clean and had everything we needed as did the bathroom. The location was fantastic - walking distance (minutes) to the beach, shops, restaurants/cafes, and attractions. Parking at the hotel is also available for a fee.

The staff at reception were friendly and efficient and we did not have any issues with check in or check out. One minor detail was that one of our two room keycards did not work but it did not pose a problem for us.

Overall, we enjoyed our stay immensely and would definitely return again.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
freedom1james, General Manager at Mantra on View Hotel, responded to this review, May 20, 2012
Dear applemintfrappe,

I sincerely appreciate your feedback concerning your recent stay, especially your comments about our friendly staff and also the cleanliness of the hotel.

I will be sure to pass on your feedback to our teams and we hope to welcome you back in the future.

Kind regards and thanks.