Mantra on View Hotel
The Breakers(Surfers Paradise)(Great Value!)
$167
Hotels.com
QT Gold Coast(Surfers Paradise)(Great Value!)
$136
$111
  • Pool
Surfers Paradise Marriott Resort & Spa(Surfers Paradise)(Great Value!)
$255
$139
Peppers Soul(Surfers Paradise)
$307
$204
Agoda.com
Mantra Circle on Cavill(Surfers Paradise)(Great Value!)
$182
$151
  • Pool
Novotel Surfers Paradise(Surfers Paradise)
$105
$93
  • Beachfront
Crowne Plaza Surfers Paradise(Surfers Paradise)(Great Value!)
$110
CrownePlaza.com
  • Restaurant
Hilton Surfers Paradise(Surfers Paradise)(Great Value!)
$133
$123
  • Beachfront
Mantra Sun City(Surfers Paradise)(Great Value!)
$258
$115
Travelocity
  • Pool
Q1 Resort and Spa(Surfers Paradise)(Great Value!)
$162
$156
3,400 results
All reviewsgreat locationthe gold coastroom servicebuffet breakfastocean viewpool areaper daygreat place to staywould stay againtram stopcavill avenueoutriggerbalconysurfersconciergeconferenceaustralia
Reviewed March 11, 2012

terrible. mould on balcony. rusty outdoor setting, dirty behind curtains. broken pieces on doorstep as you walk out onto balcony. electricity wouldnt work in our room so had to be changed. so did 3 other guests that night. 2nd room had problems also....NOT HAPPY AT ALL. beds are terrible...hard as...woke up with sore necks and backs. did not enjoy this experience at all. was my partners birthday and thought we would use our hard earned money for a treat....some treat...gave us 40 off our room costs...but it was the experience of being there that will stay with us and what we tell our friends.

1  Thank Kathy P
freedom1james, General Manager at Mantra on View Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 13, 2012

Dear Kathy P,

I was extremely disappointed to read the review and the issues you faced with the balcony furniture, strip to balcony and mould on the balcony. We commenced operation of the property on the 10th January 2012 and in conjunction with the Body Corporate have already commenced sourcing contractors and replacements for the following:

* Provision of a suitable alternative capping for the small tile strip that leads to the balcony.
* New stainless steel coffee table for balcony
* Our new airconditioning contractor is currently doing all exhaust vents in the room and bathroom and these should be completed by end of March.

I would really appeciate the opportunity of talking to you personally and can be contacted on Grant.James@outrigger.com.au or 07 5579 1000 and ask for Grant and I sincerely hope you would come and stay with us again to see that we have made significant changes and listened to your feedback.

Kind regards and I look forward to hearing from you.

Reviewed March 11, 2012

We arrived 9 March for the weekend.

At check in, the male receptionist informed us that as we had booked through Bookings.com we would need to provide our credit card. I though I had booked through the hotel itself and not a third party as there are so many of them online it can get confusing. Good way to make us feel like second class citizens though and I didn't appreciate it at all.

And to top that off, we were charged twice for the weekend in a very short space of time and could expect a refund in approx 5 days (The overcharge went through a lot quicker than I can expect the refund). Unimpressed with this but to their credit the hotel staff actually picked up this error on the same night.

The room was lovely and seemed quite clean from a quick look over. A closer look revealed dirty wall tiles in the bathroom that looked like spray tan and wiped straight off with a wet tissue. I was a little disappointed from that but anyway, the beds were very comfortable and the bedding was very good quality to me and was crisp and fresh. I also like the layout of the room and the bathroom linen which was quite rough feeling but dried very well.

Rooms on the 5th floor are too low to see anything except halfway up other buildings and definitely no views of water. So don't expect it!!

The restaurant Deja View had a nice selection for breakfast and we also had dinner there which was also nice, nothing amazing just standard to me. I would recommend that they dump the spanner crab as it is so full of shell it is almost impossible to eat. For someone like me who doesn't eat mussels or oysters, I had a selection of prawns from a seafood buffet. The prawns were very nice.

The pool looks very dated and there is not a good deal of shade. I didn't want to swim in the pool, it wasn't inviting.

The hotel is very close to restaurants, shops and the beach.

We checked out this morning and as we were leaving the room, a cockroach appeared on the bed. Very yukky and I couldn't leave quick enough then. I am trying not to think about where the cockroach was all night (shudder).

The ladies at reception were very polite.

Room Tip: Pay extra and go higher if you would like to sit on the balcony.
1  Thank scarlett2204

Scarlett2204,

Please accept my apologies if our staff member made you feel uncomfortable and be assured I will speak to him personally. All our guests irrespective of how they book are extremely important to us, and in this day and age of technology and internet, websites such as bookings.com etc are a major source of bookings, and I am disappointed this staff member doesn’t appreciate that.
I would really appreciate you emailing me at Grant.James@outrigger.com.au to advise if the refund has been received, and so I can personally follow up.

I am thrilled you enjoyed the buffets and dinner and I will provide feedback to our chefs and also the owner of the Prawn Trawler we buy from - straight from the boat to the buffet.

Many thanks for the feedback and please contact me regarding the refund.

Have a great day and look forward to you coming back and staying with us

Reviewed March 5, 2012

rooms are clean, neat and modern.

buffet breakfast in the morning has a wide range of food (japanese as well).

staff are also amazing and helpful.

We loved it when it was the Holiday Inn and we love it now that its the Outrigger.

The location is great, close to shops and the beach. The pool is massive and well looked after.

Would reccomend this to anyone going away for a weekend - make sure you get the room + breakfast deal off wotif.com.au xx

Room Tip: we book through wotif.com.au and we ALWAYS get the breakfast included deal (the buffet is epic)
4  Thank elsie t
freedom1james, General Manager at Mantra on View Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 7, 2012

Dear Elsie T,

Firstly, please accept my thanks for taking the time to provide the review. I have already met with some of our department heads including our Executive Chef (Olivier) to show him the feedback on the buffet breakfast, as he and the team have been working on both breakfast and dinner to offer more options and focus on local fresh produce.

Our housekeeping team is also thrilled as your comments reflect our recent Star Rating assessment with the cleanliness rating of 97.3% and also supports the focus they have on maintaining standards.

All comments received are reviewed with department heads and team members to improve our service and I am proud of the progress made since we took over.

I sincerely hope we have you come and stay with us again and I sincerely look forward to meeting you and also love your comment about wotif.com.

Many thanks

Grant S James

Reviewed February 26, 2012

We stayed here when it was still Holiday Inn just a couple of months ago and I'm saddened to hear that it seemed to have have changed for the worse based on newer reviews. So, read this review with a grain of salt. Location will not change. Amenities 'may' go down depending on how new management maintain them. Service will likely change.

We stayed here because we wanted to be close to the beach and, quite frankly, it was relatively cheap but had excellent reviews here in tripadvisor. If not for the recent reviews I would totally stay here again. Amenities and service were average but the location is very good.

Location
It is very conveniently located a block away from the beach. It is also a short walk away from all the restaurants and shops so there's plenty of things to do and see other than the beach.

Amenities
We got an ocean view room on a high-floor so we had a great view of ocean. Also, there's no tall building in front of it so you're not staring at other buildings when hanging out on the patio. The rooms and bathroom were clean and average size. We didn't use the pool but it didn't look that great to begin with. It wasn't anything special and there's very few shade. Besides, you're less than five minutes from the beach...why would you hang out in the pool.

Service was just average. The rooms were kept clean and the staff were helpful as they should be. Since the hotel is not on the main road, they helped us get a cab when we had to meet my family staying somewhere else.

Room Tip: If getting an ocean view, get a room on a higher floor to get a great view.
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple
freedom1james, General Manager at Mantra on View Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 27, 2012

G'Day JMTrinidad,

As the General Manager of Outrigger Surfers Paradise, I certainly appreciate your comments about your stay in what was the Holiday Inn. I certainly hope we get to welcome you back and to experience Outrigger hospitality and while I appreciate some issues over the transition period, which unfortunately happen with new computer systems and changes, be assured we are committed to great customer service. I also hope a return visit will show you great service not average as you commented.

We are also trying to identify past IHG guests to ensure we can honor past requests such as particular floors or rooms. In regards Amenities, we have not reduced these items and over the coming months are working on increasing services and amenities including enhancements and additions to the breakfast buffet and a real focus on local fresh produce with the prawns on the seafood buffet, direct from the Gold Coast Prawn trawlers and the new Ala Carte dinner menu, which will feature great local and Queensland produce such as Barramundi, local beef and produce.

I certainly hope we have the opportunity of you staying with us and assessing us as Outrigger.

Kind regards

Grant S James

Reviewed February 19, 2012

Stayed for two nights. My partner booked it as a surprise for my birthday (mystery hotel deal). When he made the booking he told them what the occasion was and requested a king bed. On arrival the lady at reception wished me a happy birthday and gave us a room on the top floor. Great ocean views from the balcony. The room was good, but nothing special. Walking distance to everything.

Holiday Inn staff were great, not sure how it is after the transition to Outrigger.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled as a couple