This is my third time staying at the former Holiday Inn now Outrigger. This time unfortunately was the worst and I will unlikely return as a result. This hotel is still good just not as good as before and a lot of this was due to transitional pains which they have clearly not mitigated sufficiently. So the highlights of issues are
1) check in: when I booked it was still holiday inn and upon check in was told that I may need to pay more than my agreed rate. This was ridiculous and the service reps command of English was very poor. Compounding this was the supervisor Bobby who stood there and watched the whole drama a metre away without intervening. Mate, I really do think when your staff is struggling and your guests facing a ridiculous situation you should step in. So a few hours into check in, front desk sends a note up go tell me it's all fine. Nice touch except the note written by the same service rep had such poor grammar it was unprofessional.
2) no one knows where Outrigger is: so our return shuttle to the airport was sent to the wrong Outrigger because service operators were seemingly less than aware that it is no longer holiday inn. Neither did the taxi driver know in the one we took. No doubt Outrigger has informed service providers but perhaps more could be done? We were literally 5min from missing our plane we were meant to have a hour to spare. Whilst this is no doubt the shuttle operators fault but the consistency in the lack of awareness on what or where Outrigger is a concern
3) wear and turn - they say a hotel goes through a refurb cycle very 7 years in general. This certainly needs to stand true here. They are about 5 years since last refurb and the quality of the rooms have gone down with every year I stayed. Nonetheless there are worse out there but you do brand yourself as a 4.5 star.
4) 10am check out sucks. Was 11am under holiday inn. Dont your clients don't notice. Standard policy or not it sucks. These small things do weigh on considerations. Judging by the number of business closures and economic climate at surfers paradise, now is the time to listen to your customers.
Overall was better when I stayed in 09 and 10 hence why I returned a third time. But I am now of the belief that there is better out there though in saying so there is certainly lot worse too.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Ideally located in View Avenue, just up from the Esplanade, Mantra on View Hotel is a great choice in Surfers Paradise accommodation for pleasure seekers, corporate travellers, and events such as wedding and banquets. The modern and stylish decor gives a feeling of spaciousness throughout and you can choose from a variety of accommodation styles from the City View Twin Suite right through to the Ocean View Spa suite. All have private balconies, wonderful Gold Coast views, high speed internet, cable TV and super-comfy beds. Outside your suite you'll find great amenities like the resort-style pool and children's pool. The fully equipped gymnasium, tennis courts and an excellent restaurant on site - NOSH Pan Asian offers a daily buffet breakfast with traditional favourites including cereals, pastries, tropical fresh fruits and hot meals prepared in our open kitchen, it's the a la carte lunch and dinner menu where NOSH Pan Asian gets decidedly exotic. Featuring authentically prepared specialties from a variety of regions across Asia, it's a serious spread of diverse offerings. There are a great many exciting things to do on the Gold Coast and you are very close to a great choice of these. There's excellent shopping to be had, theme parks, long stretches of sandy Gold Coast beaches and an excellent variety of restaurants and bars. If you really feel like spoiling yourself visit the Ocean Day Spa and Hair Salon where pampering is the order of the day with a range of soothing massages and treatments. Mantra on View Hotel is a very popular choice for business with nine conference rooms in all, catering for small meetings through to large banquets or perhaps a seminar for up to 600 delegates. Planning a Gold Coast wedding? Mantra on View Hotel is one of the best wedding venues on the Gold Coast. The wedding team can help you choose from one of the beautiful celebration venues and for the ceremony itself there is also a number of romantic choices from beach to poolside. Preparing for your big day is also no hassle at Mantra on View Hotel, with the Ocean Day Spa and Hair Salon there to take care of everything. Maintenance notice: The Mantra on View pool will undergo a refurbishment and repairs from 5 June until 21 June 2017 and then a further 2 weeks of decking work. The pool will be closed during this time. Works will happen Monday to Friday approximately 7am to 3pm. Mantra on View exterior building painting will begin June 5 2017 until the end of October 2017, depending on weather. Works include new repaint to the exterior from level 22 down to Porte Chochere including a refurbishment of balcony railings. Works will happen Monday to Friday approximately 7am to 3pm. We apologise for any inconvenience this may cause. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Ctrip TA, Orbitz, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Hotwire, Cancelon, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Mantra on View Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Outrigger Surfers Paradise Hotel Surfers Paradise
- Holiday Inn Surfers Paradise
- Surfers Paradise Holiday Inn
- Mantra On View Hotel Gold Coast/Surfers Paradise