We stayed here for two nights in a King Room with Ocean Views via a Wotif mystery deal. The hotel was beautiful inside with excellent facilities and very friendly and helpful staff. We ate at Benihana, Citrique and the Lobby Lounge, all with great food. The room was very spacious, clean, comfortable bed with great pillows, nice views of the pool area and ocean, and a beautiful large bathroom. All of the pool facilities, especially the lagoon pool, were great. We got room service breakfast one morning and although the prices were a bit high (plus a $6 delivery fee) the portions were generous and food was good. On the day we checked out, having a later flight we were able to store our luggage for the day and go to the beach and later use the hotel pools by being issued a temporary key pass. We were also able to use the salon shower facilities afterwards which was really nice. Overall very happy with our stay.
A few downsides:
- the pool bar prices were quite high and the food quality not that great (we got chips with aoli, quite disappointing)
- all equipment for the pool (e.g. floaties, pool noodles) needed to be rented. I can understand putting down a deposit, but found the prices a turn off (e.g. $10 to rent a snorkel for an hour)
- it's a 10-15 minute walk to Cavill Ave, although with a short detour you can walk the distance along the beach
- I found a bit of trash under one of the night stand tables when I dropped something. Other than that, the room was spotless
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The award-winning Surfers Paradise Marriott Resort & Spa couples quiet luxury with spacious accommodation and intuitive service, providing an unforgettable hotel experience for guests here on the Gold Coast. Tucked amidst sparkling lagoons, white sandy beaches, and cascading waterfalls, the 216 room fully integrated resort offers amenities to please the entire family; from quiet pool zones and unique aquatic experiences to bike rentals and a new Kid's Activities Centre. The immaculately appointed hotel accommodation offers floor-to-ceiling windows, marble bathrooms, and pillow top mattresses. Step out onto your balcony and revel in the beauty of your Gold Coast surroundings. Treat yourself to superb cuisine at Misono, Citrique, or Chapter & Verse bar and lounge, or book a day of pampering at Ruby Spa. Those planning events here on the Gold Coast can make use of the expansive function room space including the stylish Marriott Ballroom. Indulge, discover and explore in effortless style at Surfers Paradise Marriott Resort & Spa. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Marriott, Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Cancelon, Agoda, Hotwire, Priceline, Travelocity, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Surfers Paradise Marriott Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Surfers Paradise Marriott Resort And Spa
- Surfers Paradise Marriott Hotel Surfers Paradise
- Marriott Surfers Paradise Hotel
- Surfers Paradise Marriott Resort & Spa Gold Coast