The lagoon pool with the tropical fish was spectacular, my children loved it. You could hire snorkels etc at a price. They have a water slide for the children, it's small but fun. Keep in mind they have an age restriction. One day my children could slide without question, next day I had to sign an authority form to allow them to slide.
We went in January, the hotel was full, so many people, the pool was full to capacity every day. Not much room to move.
Pool bar service wasn't 5 star at all, it took over 2 hrs for our glasses to be removed, I often ended up doing it for them. Guess you could say the pool bar service wasn't up to standard for the charges we paid.
Reception staff were great, we upgraded to a suite, it was lovely but definitely time for a refurb, if they have refurbished the hotel, this room must have been missed.
Must say that the room maintenance & room service/attention was great, our tv didn't work & the maintenance man was up to the room in no time fixing it & very kindly they gave us a free movie as an apology. Our safe was also locked so the maintenance man was up to fix that as well, as an apology we received a bottle of wine. Loved the way they said sorry for things that went wrong but disappointed that for the amount of money we paid our room wasn't as great as it should have been.
I'd definitely go back for the lagoon pool but wouldn't bother upgrading to a suite and wouldn't go again in january as its way to busy and hard to enjoy with so many people.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The award-winning Surfers Paradise Marriott Resort & Spa couples quiet luxury with spacious accommodation and intuitive service, providing an unforgettable hotel experience for guests here on the Gold Coast. Tucked amidst sparkling lagoons, white sandy beaches, and cascading waterfalls, the 216 room fully integrated resort offers amenities to please the entire family; from quiet pool zones and unique aquatic experiences to bike rentals and a new Kid's Activities Centre. The immaculately appointed hotel accommodation offers floor-to-ceiling windows, marble bathrooms, and pillow top mattresses. Step out onto your balcony and revel in the beauty of your Gold Coast surroundings. Treat yourself to superb cuisine at Misono, Citrique, or Chapter & Verse bar and lounge, or book a day of pampering at Ruby Spa. Those planning events here on the Gold Coast can make use of the expansive function room space including the stylish Marriott Ballroom. Indulge, discover and explore in effortless style at Surfers Paradise Marriott Resort & Spa. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Marriott, Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Agoda, Ctrip TA, Priceline, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotwire, Cancelon, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Surfers Paradise Marriott Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Surfers Paradise Marriott Resort And Spa
- Surfers Paradise Marriott Hotel Surfers Paradise
- Marriott Surfers Paradise Hotel
- Surfers Paradise Marriott Resort & Spa Gold Coast