The Surfers Marriott looks wonderful and I booked our accommodation as a late anniversary surprise for my husband. I chose this hotel based on it's outstanding reputation and the pool area for our children (yes, had to bring the children on our anniversary surprise weekend!) The pool area looks amazing and when in action is a lot of fun! The area with the fish in it was a little sad looking - a few dead or unhappy fish, which I'd put down to the crazy rainfall we've had affecting their habitat. The children did enjoy the snorkeling though, but for us adults it was a much nicer view from above the water rather than below. Most staff were incredibly friendly and the hotel overall was lovely. HOWEVER: Be aware that the pool facilities aren't always open and available for use. I specifically called ahead before booking and spoke to a staff member at the hotel to ensure that the Pool Bar and waterslide, whirlpool etc would be in action on the one full day, a Friday, we had of our stay. Being our first break together in a long while, we were after some genuine relaxation time, for our young children to enjoy the water attractions the hotel is so well known for and for my husband and I to just relax. I was assured that all facilities would be working and available. I booked the days that I did based on that staff member's advice. So it was incredibly disappointing to discover that the pool bar didn't open at all on Friday and that the Slide was on for no more than an hour during the day, as for the whirlpool it wasn't on at all.. I would have expected that the bar would have opened for drinks and food in the afternoon at least being a Friday. But no. When we arrived back at the pool in the afternoon we had to walk through the resort twice just to get the waterslide switched on for a short period! The pool area was full of people yet nothing was working and there were no staff to be found anywhere. We gave up on food and drinks. We had another walk around the pool area before leaving on Saturday morning and it all looked spectacular: waterfalls, a long winding whirlpool area and the slide.. Oh and the Bar was open for food and drinks at 10am! .. If only we knew! It was sad to not have enjoyed it. If I was provided with the correct information from the Hotel I would have booked over a weekend instead of Friday.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The award-winning Surfers Paradise Marriott Resort & Spa couples quiet luxury with spacious accommodation and intuitive service, providing an unforgettable hotel experience for guests here on the Gold Coast. Tucked amidst sparkling lagoons, white sandy beaches, and cascading waterfalls, the 216 room fully integrated resort offers amenities to please the entire family; from quiet pool zones and unique aquatic experiences to bike rentals and a new Kid's Activities Centre. The immaculately appointed hotel accommodation offers floor-to-ceiling windows, marble bathrooms, and pillow top mattresses. Step out onto your balcony and revel in the beauty of your Gold Coast surroundings. Treat yourself to superb cuisine at Misono, Citrique, or Chapter & Verse bar and lounge, or book a day of pampering at Ruby Spa. Those planning events here on the Gold Coast can make use of the expansive function room space including the stylish Marriott Ballroom. Indulge, discover and explore in effortless style at Surfers Paradise Marriott Resort & Spa. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Marriott, Hotels.com, Agoda, Travelocity, Hotwire, Priceline, Booking.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and HRS so you can book your Surfers Paradise Marriott Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Surfers Paradise Marriott Resort And Spa
- Surfers Paradise Marriott Hotel Surfers Paradise
- Marriott Surfers Paradise Hotel
- Surfers Paradise Marriott Resort & Spa Gold Coast