I stayed at the Marriott Resort for work for four nights in March. It was a fabulous stay.
The entry of the Resort is wonderful with a grand staircase and sandstone everywhere. It was an indulgent, relaxed look.
My room was on the 18th floor and had a balcony, as do all rooms I suspect. I had great views of the ocean, the canal and the hinterland. The room was furnished luxuriously and was very clean. The shower did have a small mould problem but the bathroom otherwise was well lit, spacious and had a big bath. The bed was covered in pillows, so many to choose from!
I didn't have the energy to go out to dinner much while I was there and so indulged on the room service menu. I was surprised to find that the prices were very, very reasonable. For $20AUD you could have a very large serve of lasagna, chips and salad. I couldn't even eat half of it! The wood fired pizza was also great.
I did however check out both restaurants that were on offer at the hotel. Benihana Japanese Steak House was just fantastic for teppanyaki!! It was the most enjoyable and tasty dinner, well worth the $135 that covered three of us with one of the banquets. I also endulged myself at the Lagoon Restuarant which is buffet style. There was soo much to choose from. Seafood, asian noodles, roast, pizza, pasta made to order etc etc.
The hotel is a five minute walk to the beach and I'd estimate a 20-25 minute walk to Surfers 'heart' Cavill Mall.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our gorgeously reimagined Surfers Paradise Marriott Resort & Spa offers the Gold Coast's ultimate beach holiday and one of the top Surfers Paradise hotels. Immaculate beaches, charming hinterland valleys, and the bustle of high-fashion boutiques greet visitors nearby. Reconnect with nature at our Gold Coast, Australia resort, where verdant tropical gardens, a stunning waterfall, and the area's only private saltwater lagoon (ideal for snorkeling with tropical fish) await. Enjoy lush amenities in elegantly appointed guest rooms, then head out for an indulgent bite of the freshest Japanese cuisine at the award-winning restaurant, Benihana. Or, see what foodies have long been raving about at our famous seafood buffet restaurant, Citrique. Other creature comforts at our hotel include the Lattouf Hair & Day Spa, with a selection of spa treatments and hair services, and also an onsite, 24-hour fitness center. Book your beach holiday today, and let the daydreaming commence. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Marriott, Hotels.com, Agoda, Travelocity, Priceline, HotelsClick, Hotel.de, HRS, Reservation Counter and Despegar.com so you can book your Surfers Paradise Marriott Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Surfers Paradise Marriott Resort And Spa
- Surfers Paradise Marriott Hotel Surfers Paradise
- Marriott Surfers Paradise Hotel
- Surfers Paradise Marriott Resort & Spa Gold Coast